Oct 29, 2019
Yeah... can't play the game anymore :/
I'm not sure why we opted for the 'patch' route for 13, but it means that Itch.IO installation is broken since it only maintains one version at a time - so since I skipped over installing version 12, I didn't have the files available to patch, and I can't find them anywhere to download either
Tried downloading this seemingly fully compiled version here, and it just won't start up - I think it's having trouble finding my renpy installation

whydoineedto

May 21, 2022
Hint system very confusing, compartmentalized, and not easy to use right off the bat. Maybe if I played some more, but first impressions are hard to shake. Also, I've spent over a week of empty tutor room and next day, or empty dorm and next day or go home and next day. I've tried looking for a walkthrough but it appears that people stopped trying to make one when the hint system came out. :WutFace::HideThePain:

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Hint system very confusing, compartmentalized, and not easy to use right off the bat. Maybe if I played some more, but first impressions are hard to shake. Also, I've spent over a week of empty tutor room and next day, or empty dorm and next day or go home and next day. I've tried looking for a walkthrough but it appears that people stopped trying to make one when the hint system came out. :WutFace::HideThePain:
yeah the hint system is pretty frustrating but I'm pretty sure the dev wants it that way. I came to this game after Lessons In Love at a time where I had to have like 30 tabs open on the wiki to figure out which path I was supposed to take to progress the main story, so in relation to that it's not that bad, but if you're not used to how the different character's events drive forward the rest of them, then you're gonna be having a lot of empty in game days.

I would suggest you stick with it, the story is worth it thus far. In general, you're gonna have to seek out everyone's events to progress. It's not really possible to focus on one character without hitting a wall.

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
Looks like there's gonna be an update on October 3. I will be praying to the god I don't believe in that we'll be getting Dayai character events.

Reactions: jadih96207

Spider_man

Jan 31, 2022
I mean, there was the first week where 1000 uses the MC like a sex doll and shape shifts into whoever the MC desired. That's as close as it gets to vaginal sex for now
So there will be more in the future?
If so is it in the far one or sooner?
I mean one with good angle?

Last edited:

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
I just found some easter egg desire names for Hana, does someone have a list of all easter egg names in the game?

van321

Jan 7, 2021
So far really enjoying this, but oof it really does seem a bit TOO much of an imitation of LiL. I can even identify character analogues for everyone and I'm through... 32 main events?

Anii = Miku
Dayai = Ami
Eruka = a bit of Noriko, a bit of Molly
Kio = Rin
Mori = Yumi
Nirima = Maya
Nokana = Futaba
Oki = Sana
Tora = Ayane
Tuli = Karin
Hana = Nodoka
Omina = Kaori
Tami = Sara

Definitely going to keep at it, but other than being less in-your-face-edgy-nihilist than LiL, I really hope it finds its own identity.

Last edited:
Reactions: crustlord12

jamyong

Jun 9, 2022
So far really enjoying this, but oof it really does seem a bit TOO much of an imitation of LiL. I can even identify character analogues for everyone and I'm through... 32 main events?

Anii = Miku
Dayai = Ami
Eruka = a bit of Noriko, a bit of Molly
Kio = Rin
Mori = Yumi
Nirima = Maya
Nokana = Futaba
Oki = Sana
Tora = Ayane
Tuli = Karin
Hana = Nodoka
Omina = Kaori
Tami = Sara

Definitely going to keep at it, but other than being less in-your-face-edgy-nihilist than LiL, I really hope it finds its own identity.
I disagree with some of these comparisons. To me, Oki is far more like Maya than Sana, Nirima is more like Makoto than Maya, Omina is really nothing like Kaori except for the fact that they're both kinda weird, Nokana isn't really like Futaba either and so on. I think there are definitely a lot of similarities between a lot of the love interests in the two games, and Sensei Overnight definitely takes a lot of inspiration from LiL, especially early on, but the characters involved tend to fill different roles within the story in regards to their personalities and how they act as drivers for different story beats. Also, LiL is by no means an originator of any of the character tropes presented in its' story. Both games are using pretty generic archetypes for their characters, but both games do a great job of fleshing them out to make them legitimately intriguing people (LiL moreso imo)

Personally I'd also say that at this point, Sensei Overnight has done enough to separate itself from LiL. Both games seem to be going in different directions and are interested in telling sufficiently different stories. I do think LiL is telling a significantly more interesting story, and the world it has created is more captivating, but I'll save my final judgement after seeing how it sticks the landing and finishes the story off. I think SO will have an easier time of that since, as of right now at least, it's far more grounded in its' worldbuilding and scope.

van321

Jan 7, 2021
I disagree with some of these comparisons. To me, Oki is far more like Maya than Sana, Nirima is more like Makoto than Maya, Omina is really nothing like Kaori except for the fact that they're both kinda weird, Nokana isn't really like Futaba either and so on. I think there are definitely a lot of similarities between a lot of the love interests in the two games, and Sensei Overnight definitely takes a lot of inspiration from LiL, especially early on, but the characters involved tend to fill different roles within the story in regards to their personalities and how they act as drivers for different story beats. Also, LiL is by no means an originator of any of the character tropes presented in its' story. Both games are using pretty generic archetypes for their characters, but both games do a great job of fleshing them out to make them legitimately intriguing people (LiL moreso imo)

Personally I'd also say that at this point, Sensei Overnight has done enough to separate itself from LiL. Both games seem to be going in different directions and are interested in telling sufficiently different stories. I do think LiL is telling a significantly more interesting story, and the world it has created is more captivating, but I'll save my final judgement after seeing how it sticks the landing and finishes the story off. I think SO will have an easier time of that since, as of right now at least, it's far more grounded in its' worldbuilding and scope.
I am still early, so I am pleased to know there is more divergence as it goes on.

Those comparisons I made are more in terms of personality and how they speak. Sure, Oki is a shrine maiden. Maya is a shrine maiden. But Sana is very meek and standoffish, which is how I would describe Oki. Maya is extremely dry and almost sarcastic (though Makoto also is, so I can see this comparison as well, but Nirima shows more contempt for MC like early Maya). At the stage I am in, Nokana has not really shown much of her personality, besides being highly agreeable.

The Omina-Kaori comparison came from Omina's first event, which was an obvious nod to Kaori. Mister Man --> Sensei Man --> Friend. I half-expected a hamburger to pop up. Both also talk like socially isolated aliens.

It is a fair point that LiL itself plays with common anime role archetypes/tropes, and doesn't make that a secret, so it can't claim ownership of that. Though... a emotionally-damaged yandere niece (young aunt) is awfully specific. :sneaky:

I don't say any of this as a bad thing. Just observations.

Edit: Played some more. Definitely agree more with Nirima = Makoto now. Also, MC and Tuli go to field storage to GET CONES, get stuck in the storage, girl has traumatic experience. Only thing missing was BANG noise. Sneaky sneaky. :cool:

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 58 Votes