Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
So, any recommendations for games like 'Sensei Overnight'?
(Aside from the well known ones, like 'Lessons in Love' and 'Dissonance')
Lost in You, which is heavily inspired by LiL.
Crimson High if you don't mind the artwork.
I'm currently playing Out of Touch and it's pretty good although I think the MC is kind of stupid.
The last two don't have repeatable sex scenes though. Forgot if LiY does since it's been a while since I played it.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

Cat Burger

Jul 28, 2021
I really am going to miss this game. This was one of my favorite stories I've read despite its many flaws, but knowing what Personas does leave a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth whenever I see this game. On one hand, I would love to see this game be continued, but on the other, it's probably a bit taboo to continue a game made by a sexual predator.

Jun 20, 2023
I first played this game, because i heard it was akin to Lessons in Love. While playing it, I realised that while Sensei Overnight was very heavily influenced by LiL, it was still an original creation with author own vision for his story. It is quite sad that this story is not even close to being finished. I hope someone, maybe in 4-8 years will finish this story even if it will have a stigma around. I did not know much about Personas, but even then playing through it was clear he was going through some shit, but I did not give much attention to it, since suffering and going through some shit is basically what all visionaries and artists do. He has every reason to suffer for eternity now. Well, he got about 20 years of prison, but I rather have him spend the rest of his life in it. After that howeverer, may he find his own train to a better world with a better him, who was not a complete scumbag. This was a great story with a potentional not fully realised, one day maybe someone will complete it.

Last edited:

alon2219

Dec 20, 2019
It's sad that it has come to this. I still hope that there will be a plot twist where it turns out that he is not the culprit, the game continues and happy ending but...

taler

Oct 5, 2017
I first played this game, because i heard it was akin to Lessons in Love. While playing it, I realised that while Sensei Overnight was very heavily influenced by LiL, it was still an original creation with author own vision for his story. It is quite sad that this story is not even close to being finished. I hope someone, maybe in 4-8 years will finish this story even if it will have a stigma around. I did not know much about Personas, but even then playing through it was clear he was going through some shit, but I did not give much attention to it, since suffering and going through some shit is basically what all visionaries and artists do. He has every reason to suffer for eternity now. Well, he got about 20 years of prison, but I rather have him spend the rest of his life in it. After that howeverer, may he find his own train to a better world with a better him, who was not a complete scumbag. This was a great story with a potentional not fully realised, one day maybe someone will complete it.
Can you go into detail about what is great about it.

Jun 20, 2023
Can you go into detail about what is great about it.
It feels as if your comment is written in sarcasm, but no matter. I guess I would say the first part is the story(excluding the latter part of the story which is lackluster most likely because of author "problems"), as I said already the story is influenced by LiL, but it takes(especially after the few beginning updates) its own way of telling the story. The dream and train sequences are novel and very innovative way of telling someone else inner workings and troubles in a creative way, but the dream sequences of the story also remind me of one particular french author works that I used to read 12 years ago, so it is a bit of personal favorite of mine. UI while it is not a praiseworthy, all things are learned by comparing one to another, so compared to LiL, SO is much better in terms of UI and the "diary" system is something that more story and established main character driven VNs should have(it is also a bit of a reminder of "Updated My Journal" stuff from planescape), unfortunately the diary system is not well expanded, most likely because Personas simply had no time to expand and enlarge diary system. The characters were also well developing(and I must that they are well developed and in process of developing and not well established, it would take another year of updates for characters to be well established, some character like the weed girl is even abandoned, so there were still a lot of work needed for the story). Overall story is also good, the were very promising plotlines and several possible lines of development for characters, meaning that even in its early stages the story and characters had enough foundation that you can somewhat be sentimental towards them and not consider them as "one character trait only" kind of garbage that is popular in current VN media. The design and overall character models are also good, not on par with LiL, but good enough(excluding the latter changes that were done by the time Personas was going straight to dropping soap in the shower action, so the game itself took a big hit because of it). The music is not good, not terrible. It fits the respective scenes that it is places in, so no praise or criticism there. The most great thing about it is perhaps the fact that MC is clearly a "window" if you will, towards Personas soul if like to call it. Many good literature are heavily influenced by their author, because the writer put their soul into writing and you can almost always figure out a good literature from a bad one. It is the "unique" sense of originality and creativeness that sets apart the work that is done out of inspiration and dedication, from the works that are out of greed and attempt to make money. In this case SO was a clear work of personal inspiration and dedication and it shows, so there is that as well. His recent criminal actions were a bit predictable for me at least, because of SO being a "window". Some parts of the story shows a desperation of MC trying to convince himself that he is not a monster and actually a good person, that desperation is very genuine in the game, so genuine in fact, that I already suspected Personas had some issues or troubles, I did not suspect the extent of his issues, but it is fascinating thanks to that clear case of a person projecting himself into his work. This part is one of the main reasons to play SO in its current state to be honest, to better understand and research a mans attempt to convey his feelings and visions through a story, the news of his actions makes exploring the game even more fascinating. The second main reason is the potential of this game. Sensei Overnight has untapped amount of potential and list of possibilities that can be finished to its logical course, if done so, it could be a very good VN rivalling many other Japanese and western(few as they are) VN. That is a bit of a short summary on why I think it is "great", but to be honest I rather consider this game as a potentially visionary work, that unfortunately died far too soon. In a way I could refer to my profile picture. SO is what manga "Freesia" is:
Fresh and original work that will leave its place in your mind, the visionary work that stand out upon thousand and thousand of shitty and worthless caricature that is considered as "literature" by some, an example on how the work of actual vision and idea for literature work should look like. That is what Freesia in terms of manga and SO in terms western VN is. Freesia at least had the ability to reach the height of its potential and become a masterpiece, Sensei Overnight was robbed of such possibility by the inability of its own author to be a decent person

Last edited:

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Can you in detail tell the answer you're expecting?
Nothing super specific but assuming there's nothing hugely special going on in the plot it's mostly going to be about how immersive, realistic, and interesting the characters are. Good dialogue and intelligent psychological introspection really sells it. LiL never really grabbed me because I felt the characters were just too tropey and generic, thought something like Solvalley School was better, had better dialogue. Probably the best character-based storytelling I've read from a patreon writer on this site is Hero's Party Must Fall.

Interesting comments from noob gamer in regards to the author's IRL situation. Though looking at your name...

Reactions: Mr Ghostrider
Jun 20, 2023
Good dialogue and intelligent psychological introspection really sells it. LiL never really grabbed me because I felt the characters were just too tropey and generic, thought something like Solvalley School was better, had better dialogue. Probably the best character-based storytelling I've read from a patreon writer on this site is Hero's Party Must Fall.

Interesting comments from noob gamer in regards to the author's IRL situation. Though looking at your name...
Meh, my nickname is just me being hilariously little edgy, I intend to change it in september 20 anyway, so it is no matter. I would still recommend SO even if LiL did not grab your attention. The beginning of the game is a bit short because author was trying to find his footing so to speak, so the real deal starts after a few early updates. SO was only beginning to be honest, the story had a long way to go still, so it is very unfortunate how it ended. I suggest you stop on the "graduation day" and progress no further after that, you will get what part of the game I am talking about if you do decide to try it out, it is near the end of it, so you pretty much will see all the necessary and good stuff by then anyway, the last 2 updates were very underwhelming. I noted games you wrote in your comment and will check it out, if they really have good writing and storytelling then it is a sell in my book. Thanks for the recommendation

69BOI69

Jul 24, 2020
Pedo or teen ? its different. teens are kind of legal in some countries. and we all know girls lost their virginity at 14 .its average age .just kinda curious even though its still disgusting when you are adult ,but i wont call this is a pedo .hope its not a real pedo damn .
According to most major sources, he got indecent photos from as young as nine years old. He's a real pedo. The world average age is actually 17 but I guarantee most teens aren't fucking +21 year olds.

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes