taler

Oct 5, 2017
That is a bold claim. Any proof for that, or is this just pure baseless speculation, just because you dont trust the
courts?
I didn't read it as he would be found innocent but that he would still be in the trial process and not in prison.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I didn't read it as he would be found innocent but that he would still be in the trial process and not in prison.
Even that i find hard to believe tbh. With all the proof they surely had against him, i am pretty sure this case pretty cut and dry even without his plead. And the fact that he did already disapear months before the trial does tell me, he was already in custody all that time, because pre-trial detention is a thing.

Jan 16, 2019
According to most major sources, he got indecent photos from as young as nine years old. He's a real pedo. The world average age is actually 17 but I guarantee most teens aren't fucking +21 year olds.
Nine year old is sure pedo .deserved. but like italy 14 is legal age. weird. because in same country. you cant marry with 14 y.o. but can have sex. sad

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
Nine year old is sure pedo .deserved. but like italy 14 is legal age. weird. because in same country. you cant marry with 14 y.o. but can have sex. sad
Legal age aka age of consent wouldnt matter in this context, because he tricked those girls, so he never got consent. Also the fuck has italy to do with anything? He is living in england. Was arrested in england. And sentenced by an english court and is now sitting in an english prison.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
I would think he would have enough money for bond is what I meant. That's just how court things go.
Tbh i think he was already free on bail or something like that while waiting for his trial. And then i would assume he broke his bail conditions with something. My guess would be by using discord something he was iirc not allowed to. So they did put him into detention pending trial or whatever. So i really, really doubt he would be free again after he did disappeared last year in any way.

Of course this is a lot of guesses and assumtions, but it makes sense overall. It would explain why he was free and able to keep working on his game after they catch him, and why he suddenly did disapear and we never got another life sign of him even tho his trial was months later.

But if you have a better idea of what actually happened, then be my guest and tell me.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Of course this is a lot of guesses and assumtions, but it makes sense overall. It would explain why he was free and able to keep working on his game after they catch him, and why he suddenly did disapear and we never got another life sign of him even tho his trial was months later.

But if you have a better idea of what actually happened, then be my guest and tell me.
The initial arrest was in 2021 (this was when he did a big fundraising push to replace his laptop, as his old one was likely seized as evidence), he was likely released on bail while the prosecutors prepared their case and the courts set a date. He admitted to the charges in August, and that's when he vanished, so presumably, the moment he admitted it they put him in jail pending sentencing. He admitted to several more charges in September, and sentencing happened in December.

Technically speaking, there is no trial. The prosecution doesn't need to present their evidence to the court when you plead guilty. Pleading guilty also tends to result in more lenient sentencing -- and it's likely the time between his arrest in 2021 and his guilty plea in August of last year was mostly spent negotiating the terms of a plea deal.

There again, my assumptions are based on the US court system, and I imagine the UK court system is quite different.

Xiondingens

Oct 25, 2018
He admitted to the charges in August, and that's when he vanished, so presumably, the moment he admitted it they put him in jail pending sentencing. He admitted to several more charges in September, and sentencing happened in December.
Is that how it works? You plead guilty for the stuff you were accused and even tho they let you free before, because you did plead guilty they suddenly put you behind bars?

I mean i agree that the "trial" was because he did plead guilty just a formality -which is even tho he probably just did it to maybe get a gentler judgment, the only thing i give him credit for, so that none of the girls had to go trough the trial- i would assume you dont get put behind bars, without been senteced, if not for good reasons. Usually that happens if there are reason to believe one would try to flee, or do the same crime again. And if they believe one of these were true one would think, he would have been put behinds bars already in 2021, but that didnt happen, for reasons.

Still cant get my head around that one tbh. This is all very confusing imo.

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Is that how it works? You plead guilty for the stuff you were accused and even tho they let you free before, because you did plead guilty they suddenly put you behind bars?

I mean i agree that the "trial" was because he did plead guilty just a formality -which is even tho he probably just did it to maybe get a gentler judgment, the only thing i give him credit for, so that none of the girls had to go trough the trial- i would assume you dont get put behind bars, without been senteced, if not for good reasons. Usually that happens if there are reason to believe one would try to flee, or do the same crime again. And if they believe one of these were true one would think, he would have been put behinds bars already in 2021, but that didnt happen, for reasons.

Still cant get my head around that one tbh. This is all very confusing imo.
So it varies wildly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, further modified by the nature of the offenses, your past criminal record, what kind of wealth you have, and the whims of the judge.

If the offense carries mandatory jail time, odds are good you're going directly to jail as soon as your verdict/plea is formalized, and any time served between the verdict/plea and the sentencing hearing is considered part of your sentence. Exceptions can be made if the expected sentence is likely to be short, or if you're wealthy/powerful enough to negotiate a voluntary surrender after you have had time to set affairs in order (or can make a compelling argument for why the judge should grant this), but for normal people, this is rare for long sentences. For short sentences, I've seen "only in jail on weekends" and "sentence delayed until you can arrange the consecutive days off, at which point you self surrender," but those are for exceedingly minor offenses like traffic violations, not something as major as this.

If sentencing guidelines include probation and/or fines as possible sentences, so jail time isn't guaranteed, you may be allowed to remain free if you're deemed to not be a risk to the public.

Jul 31, 2021
I miss this game, I hope he picks it back up again once he gets out, because while he did do something horrible, that doesn't suddenly make his game bad.
It doesn't make the game bad sure, but it certainly taints it's image. It baffles me that you're even open to the idea that he should come back and develop this game again. As far as I'm concerned he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the internet once he's out. :LUL:

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
The initial arrest was in 2021 (this was when he did a big fundraising push to replace his laptop, as his old one was likely seized as evidence), he was likely released on bail while the prosecutors prepared their case and the courts set a date. He admitted to the charges in August, and that's when he vanished, so presumably, the moment he admitted it they put him in jail pending sentencing. He admitted to several more charges in September, and sentencing happened in December.

Technically speaking, there is no trial. The prosecution doesn't need to present their evidence to the court when you plead guilty. Pleading guilty also tends to result in more lenient sentencing -- and it's likely the time between his arrest in 2021 and his guilty plea in August of last year was mostly spent negotiating the terms of a plea deal.

There again, my assumptions are based on the US court system, and I imagine the UK court system is quite different.
Here preventive detention can only occur if there is a danger of destruction of evidence, recurrence of the crime or the possibility of escaping the country. It's not something that happens often. The accusations and the prosecutor have to request and justify it and the investigating judge decides whether it is pertinent or not and the defense can appeal the judicial decision. More than once it has happened that a judge accepted preventive detention only to annul it a few days later.

So it varies wildly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, further modified by the nature of the offenses, your past criminal record, what kind of wealth you have, and the whims of the judge.

If the offense carries mandatory jail time, odds are good you're going directly to jail as soon as your verdict/plea is formalized, and any time served between the verdict/plea and the sentencing hearing is considered part of your sentence. Exceptions can be made if the expected sentence is likely to be short, or if you're wealthy/powerful enough to negotiate a voluntary surrender after you have had time to set affairs in order (or can make a compelling argument for why the judge should grant this), but for normal people, this is rare for long sentences. For short sentences, I've seen "only in jail on weekends" and "sentence delayed until you can arrange the consecutive days off, at which point you self surrender," but those are for exceedingly minor offenses like traffic violations, not something as major as this.

If sentencing guidelines include probation and/or fines as possible sentences, so jail time isn't guaranteed, you may be allowed to remain free if you're deemed to not be a risk to the public.
Here you don't go to prison if the sentence doesn't exceed 2 years in prison. And in any case, with some exceptions, entry into prison only occurs when the sentence is final (that is, when the possibility of appeals has run out, which can be quite a long time, since the normal thing is that you can appeal, in this order, to the Provincial Court, Superior Court of Justice and Supreme Court, which issues a final ruling, although there is the possibility of recourse to the Constitutional Court)

Jul 31, 2021
Come on. Dont be mean. He did call his actions horrible. And i dont think it is unreasonable to wish that a story one did enjoy to get continued. So, i do understand where he is coming from. I dont agree, but i do understand it.
Sure but wishing for the very same person who once developed this come back and continue where they left off? That's an insane take. :KEK:

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes