VN Ren'Py Abandoned Seraphim Academy [Ch. 1-3] [Trinity Games]

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes

IndigoHawk

Aug 9, 2016
Haha, my advice to the dev is don't try to debate the internet or reply to everyone. Just make your game how you want. Listen to criticism if you think it's valid. I feel like F95 has too many people who go into threads that are tagged with pictures and then complain about lesbian, female MC, VN, visuals, etc, or start arguing about nonsense. Don't know what compels people to say "wow this clearly marked game is not what i like, too bad i never learned how to read".

I think the game is off to an interesting start. I like that the MC totally used her friend and seems to want to loosen up and get ready for her adventure. Her flirtation is more assertive and less innocent than many other games, could be fun.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
On the game characters:
I think you should feel enabled to make any characters you'd prefer and see how gamers react, then adjust accordingly from that feedback (or not).

I stopped playing an in-development game because it was primarily driven by abusive, dominating males over subservient females and fey males - we get enough of that in real life and I personally didn't find the fantasy too compelling or attractive. Not just from a real life standpoint, but even from how any of my personal fantasies seem to align. But, I'm only one gamer and haven't seen a lot of other folks react that way - there may well be a big market for that type of theme and related characterizations. So, they should develop what they feel is their desired product, IMHO.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I like the game so far and where it seems to be heading. Beautiful renders, story seems to be getting more interesting.

My newly updated transparency patch now also supports the removal of the dialog background and choice window background of this game. It also adds outline to the choice button text, so the removal of the background won't affect readability of the choice buttons against the background image of various scenes.
Feel free to try it.

Olivia_V

Jun 5, 2017
I admit I had trouble finding a way to introduce this at all. There is a lot to learn about Evelyn and why she is the way she is as the story goes on, and I simply couldn't think of a good way to introduce her and who she is without a ton of exposition. I abhor exposition in games and prefer to let the story speak for itself.
There's the bit where Alison asks Evelyn if she's ever slept with a boy (I think right before she asks about her sexual preference). You could have inserted the scene as a flashback there. As it stands, it's hard to feel in the scene because it stands alone and you never really get the relationship between the two characters other than them saying "you're my best friend" and the like, making the whole scene feel more like (ironically) forced introductory exposition with a sex scene in it. If you need the scene to merely exist, then a flashback would suffice. Heck, you can even make Eve comment about whatever decision she made during the sex scene.

In any case, can't wait for the next update! :D

This certainly isn't the first work of fiction with male teachers at an all girl's school. Even with the name it's not like it's a Catholic school.
As a product of a Catholic school, I can tell you that even all-girl Catholic schools have male teachers too. Just not very many, lol!

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
There's the bit where Alison asks Evelyn if she's ever slept with a boy (I think right before she asks about her sexual preference). You could have inserted the scene as a flashback there
That's not a terrible idea overall... not sure about how it would affect pacing... and I'd still need, I think, some actual exposition at the beginning for other facts that come into play there... I don't know. You've given me something to think about.

iodio

Jul 10, 2017
There's the bit where Alison asks Evelyn if she's ever slept with a boy (I think right before she asks about her sexual preference). You could have inserted the scene as a flashback there. As it stands, it's hard to feel in the scene because it stands alone and you never really get the relationship between the two characters other than them saying "you're my best friend" and the like, making the whole scene feel more like (ironically) forced introductory exposition with a sex scene in it. If you need the scene to merely exist, then a flashback would suffice. Heck, you can even make Eve comment about whatever decision she made during the sex scene.
Great idea, I second that. :)

Reactions: BonusDuck

xenos87

May 2, 2017
Any planned fetishes that are not listed in the tags yet or is this gonna be a vanilla lesbian game?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I started the to play the game and will continue soon... Looks great but then again wasn't expecting anything less from these devs...

Reactions: Namco15
4.70 star(s) 6 Votes