4.20 star(s) 40 Votes

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Hello everyone,

What can I say... It has been a trying couple of months for me. And that is putting it mildly. Aside from dealing with loss, it's the holidays and I have a very 'holiday-busy' family. And of course, due to the losses we've suffered, some family members need more attention. If that wasn't enough, my regular job is a real pain in the ass at the end of the year.

Over the last week or so, I managed to get back to writing 1.3. And with all the back and forth between trying to do that and dealing with work and everything else, I found myself getting things mixed up. Friday night, I read what I had written so far and well... I just didn't like it. Too many mistakes... The story didn't feel like "Serenity"... It was just missing that feeling that I know people have come to expect from Serenity. I need to get back to that.

Even though I am very much WAY behind my usual schedule, I am rewriting it. I can't release this half-assed. Now, I've seen some devs take quite a lot longer to release updates. But I am not them. This update, at least... is going to take another month though. It can't be helped. I was hoping to have a nice Christmas update but if I've learned one thing in doing this, it's that you need to plan way ahead for special events that coincide with any holidays. And you simply can't account for major life events.

Now for some better news. Last night I had the house to myself and several hours of quiet time. I played through the last update with music and everything. And then I outlined the story for the next update with my head still inside the world of Serenity... fresh from playing through it. I scrapped what I had written completely and began again. NOW it is starting to feel like Serenity again. I managed to write (code) all of Day 14 and part of Day 15. I debated on removing the choice to "leave Serenity and go back home" (which is done purely for the fun of seeing what would happen) - but I decided to keep it in.

I am hoping to complete the coding by next weekend... and begin rendering the art immediately after. There will of course be around 1000 images and that can take some time. So, obviously it isn't going to be ready before the end of the month. I think by now most of you are fully aware of the time it takes. I'll have several family Holiday events to visit between now and New Year's. And in January, things should get back to normal.

Alright, it looks like today is very slow for my regular job so I'm going to take advantage and get some coding done. By the way, thank you as always for the messages and comments. Serenity has a great core group of fans, I love you guys. :)

...Fire

Take your time Fire
835871290744766464.png

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Hello everyone,

What can I say... It has been a trying couple of months for me. And that is putting it mildly. Aside from dealing with loss, it's the holidays and I have a very 'holiday-busy' family. And of course, due to the losses we've suffered, some family members need more attention. If that wasn't enough, my regular job is a real pain in the ass at the end of the year.

Over the last week or so, I managed to get back to writing 1.3. And with all the back and forth between trying to do that and dealing with work and everything else, I found myself getting things mixed up. Friday night, I read what I had written so far and well... I just didn't like it. Too many mistakes... The story didn't feel like "Serenity"... It was just missing that feeling that I know people have come to expect from Serenity. I need to get back to that.

Even though I am very much WAY behind my usual schedule, I am rewriting it. I can't release this half-assed. Now, I've seen some devs take quite a lot longer to release updates. But I am not them. This update, at least... is going to take another month though. It can't be helped. I was hoping to have a nice Christmas update but if I've learned one thing in doing this, it's that you need to plan way ahead for special events that coincide with any holidays. And you simply can't account for major life events.

Now for some better news. Last night I had the house to myself and several hours of quiet time. I played through the last update with music and everything. And then I outlined the story for the next update with my head still inside the world of Serenity... fresh from playing through it. I scrapped what I had written completely and began again. NOW it is starting to feel like Serenity again. I managed to write (code) all of Day 14 and part of Day 15. I debated on removing the choice to "leave Serenity and go back home" (which is done purely for the fun of seeing what would happen) - but I decided to keep it in.

I am hoping to complete the coding by next weekend... and begin rendering the art immediately after. There will of course be around 1000 images and that can take some time. So, obviously it isn't going to be ready before the end of the month. I think by now most of you are fully aware of the time it takes. I'll have several family Holiday events to visit between now and New Year's. And in January, things should get back to normal.

Alright, it looks like today is very slow for my regular job so I'm going to take advantage and get some coding done. By the way, thank you as always for the messages and comments. Serenity has a great core group of fans, I love you guys. :)

...Fire

Take your time Fire
View attachment 1543588
Thank you for sharing that here...

Good things are worth the wait.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019

Hello everyone,

...Fire

Take your time Fire
View attachment 1543588
Sorry guys, I haven't been around here much. Last few times I had tried to come post here, the site wouldn't load (which fortunately seems to finally be fixed). I'm getting back to work on Serenity again. Better late than never, I guess. I had to regroup and take a breath. Then I rewrote what I had written for 1.3. Anyway, you haven't seen the last of me. Sometimes things happen and we just have to stop everything and try to deal with it as best we can.

Thanks for sharing my post here pitrik. :)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
My new website:

Outside of Patreon, itch, and all the other sites, I wanted my own place to setup as I please and display anything I want. So, I've finally gotten around to changing my website and updating it.
You should check it out and keep it in your favorites. The Last Human project page is now up with images I haven't shared anywhere else, and a nice long article detailing what it's all about.
For 2022, I'll be ramping up development of Last Human and will be using my website to post more regular updates on both projects. Also be sure to check out my stories; I have three stories there you can read. They were written before I started on Serenity.
Check out the site here:

The_Hybrid

Nov 3, 2020
My new website:

Outside of Patreon, itch, and all the other sites, I wanted my own place to setup as I please and display anything I want. So, I've finally gotten around to changing my website and updating it.
You should check it out and keep it in your favorites. The Last Human project page is now up with images I haven't shared anywhere else, and a nice long article detailing what it's all about.
For 2022, I'll be ramping up development of Last Human and will be using my website to post more regular updates on both projects. Also be sure to check out my stories; I have three stories there you can read. They were written before I started on Serenity.
Check out the site here:
Love at first sight with Alexis

Reactions: N2TheFire

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
My new website:

Check out the site here:
Bookmarked! Thanks.

Stratos_69

Oct 13, 2021
Thank for this your stories are quitte good, you're inspiration comes from Melody right ? I reacted the same way when i discovered what he did, his first was good.

The preview from LH is very specially realized, i mean the characters are from your beloved Serenity so it's also a good opinion to make when this will be on the "market" so yeah, i've enjoyed the first EP from your story "Girl Trouble" and i'm wondering how this could be turn in into a VN. :)

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
cant wait we both know you may lose alot of people with the new game but cant wait to try it best luck to you will we get any update in 2022 for Serenity at all or 2022 is for Last human :)
Serenity (Chapter 2) will definitely get its first release before Spring or Summer 2022 for sure. Losing supporters is just part of the game, I get it and I am okay with that. It isn't just about the money for me. Yes, the money helps me with supporting modders and paying for music licensing, software, etc... But I am prepared for the hits. Stay tuned... 2022 should be a fun year for both VN's.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Some news for you guys...
Hopefully the haters will keep quiet for a change. Yeah I know; but tis the season for miracles, so it could happen :)

Good luck, and I am looking forward to seeing the new project, just as much as I am looking forward to Chapter 2!

• Red Heart

Stratos_69

Oct 13, 2021
Whatever you choose to do, there are still some people here who can support your games by playing them.
I'm waiting to see this new opus that you've been up for 1 year ? I've saw the preview so far and i like it so this VN should be great as Serenity ;)

Pitrik

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Oct 11, 2018

Hello my friends...

Here we are at the end of 2021. Serenity is now about a year and a half old. I announced in my last update that version 1.3 would be the last for this build of Serenity, and that I would be taking a break from that project to focus on Last Human. The last few months have been a mess of setbacks in my personal life which has set everything back. And now a new setback has presented itself. I have covid again.

Yep, AGAIN. My wife and I both have covid again, and we didn't even get to do Christmas. We've been locked down since she first developed symptoms on Christmas Eve day. It sucks because Christmas is something that we both love very much. Anyway, we had to cancel our plans for family to come. We had some friends drop off groceries and other items we needed and have locked ourselves down. For me, this covid infection is different. It has been like a super severe cold and just this morning I noticed my right ear was hurting and I can't hear out of it. Also, I was losing my balance a lot. Turns out that covid can actually cause you to have an inner-ear infection which affects your balance. Yay.

Serenity 1.3 development has been slow, but I didn't stop working on it completely. All the writing is done, and I did get some of the first images rendered. But it's hard to focus while I am now dealing with this ear infection. The coughing and everything else were one thing but now with this ear infection... fuck. I honestly don't know how much more bullshit I can deal with at this point. To add insult to injury, while my wife is locked down, her job doesn't allow her to work remotely. So, we're out her paycheck. Luckily the small amount I make in patreon helps. So, those of you who are subscribed, thank you so much. I've always used this income to first invest back into my projects. But now I'll lean on it in a time of need. Bless you all for sticking around, I love you guys, really.

Now I am going to shut everything down for a few days and try to get well. I'll count my blessings, rest, and heal. Once this mess has cleared out of my system, I'll get back to work again.

Happy New Year to all of you! Love you guys,

...Fire

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Hello my friends...

Here we are at the end of 2021. Serenity is now about a year and a half old. I announced in my last update that version 1.3 would be the last for this build of Serenity, and that I would be taking a break from that project to focus on Last Human. The last few months have been a mess of setbacks in my personal life which has set everything back. And now a new setback has presented itself. I have covid again.

Yep, AGAIN. My wife and I both have covid again, and we didn't even get to do Christmas. We've been locked down since she first developed symptoms on Christmas Eve day. It sucks because Christmas is something that we both love very much. Anyway, we had to cancel our plans for family to come. We had some friends drop off groceries and other items we needed and have locked ourselves down. For me, this covid infection is different. It has been like a super severe cold and just this morning I noticed my right ear was hurting and I can't hear out of it. Also, I was losing my balance a lot. Turns out that covid can actually cause you to have an inner-ear infection which affects your balance. Yay.

Serenity 1.3 development has been slow, but I didn't stop working on it completely. All the writing is done, and I did get some of the first images rendered. But it's hard to focus while I am now dealing with this ear infection. The coughing and everything else were one thing but now with this ear infection... fuck. I honestly don't know how much more bullshit I can deal with at this point. To add insult to injury, while my wife is locked down, her job doesn't allow her to work remotely. So, we're out her paycheck. Luckily the small amount I make in patreon helps. So, those of you who are subscribed, thank you so much. I've always used this income to first invest back into my projects. But now I'll lean on it in a time of need. Bless you all for sticking around, I love you guys, really.

Now I am going to shut everything down for a few days and try to get well. I'll count my blessings, rest, and heal. Once this mess has cleared out of my system, I'll get back to work again.

Happy New Year to all of you! Love you guys,

...Fire
Thank you so much for sharing that here even if it isn't happy news, it's appreciated

Edit: I hope you and yours get better soon N2TheFire and that this year is a great one.

N2TheFire

Game Developer
Dec 28, 2019
Hey guys, just a quick note. Serenity will no longer be on Gamejolt (for those of you who follow it there). I was expecting this to happen at some point since I've seen this happen to a lot of my other dev friends. I'm still on itch, patreon, and my own website... and of course I'll always be around here. If you were dependent on Gamejolt or got access to my game from there, you can always come to me directly. Do not pay any site for Serenity outside of itch or patreon. Also, the game is free 2 weeks after release and always will be.

1641572674577.png

Reactions: pgm_01
4.20 star(s) 40 Votes