VN Ren'Py Abandoned Seven Deadly Sins [Ep. 1] [RedWhite]

2.10 star(s) 7 Votes

filochard

Feb 1, 2018
I tried it but had to stop after a few minutes (3 or 4). I admit that the renders looks good but there not enough to counterbalance what annoys me :
1/ You can't name MC, this cause, at least for me, a lack of immersion.
2/ The very strong engrish (even if I'm not a native english speakers I found it horrendous).
3/ Strongly related to the former but not only, the fact that you can't skip unseen text.

Those will need to be fixed before I spent more time in that game.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
Hi, can someone please explain what a Rubicon means in context of the game? "He will end up in a "rubicon". You will meet new people, discover new places, and will find yourself in different occasions. You will have to fight from now on as you did before. And don't forget, YOU ARE IN A RUBICON. ".

• Haha
Reactions: botc76

BoomDaBoom

Apr 29, 2017
So this has the style, presentation, and look of some of the better games on this site. The only thing really missing is the polish. It's been pointed out already, but I highly suggest there be more effort in the translation department. It's very distracting and difficult to go through the game as it currently is right now. The writing itself is also a bit clunky with confusing motivations and character relations running rampant throughout. The story doesn't have to be 10/10, but I think most people have a certain limit of disbelief that this game crosses more than once. It seems that you're going for a plot that has bogger ambitions, but as it stands now I think many players will be more confused than intrigued. On another note, if you plan on this being a game so long that it spans multiple episodes and seasons, then you're gonna have to have more than just 3 pages of 4 save slots because I can already see many people not being happy with that.

Criticisms aside, this really does have great potential. You obviously have put a lot of effort into the renders, animations, and style of the game. I think you just need to put some more focus on the gameplay and writing elements and this can really be something to look out for. As it stands right now, I'll be looking out for the next update. But I really hope you fix some of the problems addressed by myself and others because it will turn this into a game that's just okay to a fantastic one.

Reactions: botc76 and yihman1

B-52reloaded

Aug 25, 2018
Hi, can someone please explain what a Rubicon means in context of the game? "He will end up in a "rubicon". You will meet new people, discover new places, and will find yourself in different occasions. You will have to fight from now on as you did before. And don't forget, YOU ARE IN A RUBICON. ".
I am just guessing here but I think the dev wants to refer to the infamous "Rubicon" which - once you crossed it - there is no way back, no turning point left. Caesar crossed the Rubicon when he started the Roman civil war and ever since it is a kind of a proverb for a point of no return. But then again - cause of his lack of English proficiency - he uses the word in the wrong context and of course wrong in terms of grammar and syntax.

blademaster89

Aug 4, 2017
I am just guessing here but I think the dev wants to refer to the infamous "Rubicon" which - once you crossed it - there is no way back, no turning point left. Caesar crossed the Rubicon when he started the Roman civil war and ever since it is a kind of a proverb for a point of no return. But then again - cause of his lack of English proficiency - he uses the word in the wrong context and of course wrong in terms of grammar and syntax.
Hmm, that makes sense now. So, basically he means its all or nothing for our MC here.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Great first start (y) also the character intro at the start was really well done. keep it up, really looking forward what future update brings.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Very nice indeed I really like the look of the girls they all look pretty good I think it's the whole tattoo thing they have going on the only question marks would be over Karina nice enough girl but shame about her skin condition. Also, checked out the planned content at least the cursed 3 letters will be optional.

2.10 star(s) 7 Votes