SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Just an honest question. I love your game and am not messing with you. When you decided to pursue creating a VN did you expect to invest this kind of money into your infrastructure? Feel free to tell me to mind my own business. I'm just curious.
Nothing is free. I am not doing this to make money though unlike my old job which I can no longer do. I have over 40K invested in tools from my old job as a service manager lead mechanic. I did that for 30 years till my back got utterly fucked a few years ago. I knew going into this I would need to invest in things such as assets. I already have a bunch from making mods for other games wish they would work in daz but they don't.
I built my pc about 5 or 6 years ago now and it was all top of the line. What I wasn't expecting was the need for a more powerful card. If I had known I would have bought one before the scalpers drove the prices through the roof. I bought my original 1070 founders edition when it was "the" top card then a few months later the 1080 came out lmao. When I was working it was much easier to fork out a few grand knowing my next pay check would cover it. It's due to this I listened to a few friends and started my patreon and SS pages to hopefully at some point offset the investment I just made. If I was just sticking to gaming I would have no need to buy these upgrades. I'm not even running gaming drivers for the card I have now but running the work drivers which need to be uninstalled and switched when I do try gaming. For those that don't know yes there are two types of graphics drivers for these cards lmao.

Reactions: v1900

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Nothing is free. I am not doing this to make money though unlike my old job which I can no longer do. I have over 40K invested in tools from my old job as a service manager lead mechanic. I did that for 30 years till my back got utterly fucked a few years ago. I knew going into this I would need to invest in things such as assets. I already have a bunch from making mods for other games wish they would work in daz but they don't.
I built my pc about 5 or 6 years ago now and it was all top of the line. What I wasn't expecting was the need for a more powerful card. If I had known I would have bought one before the scalpers drove the prices through the roof. I bought my original 1070 founders edition when it was "the" top card then a few months later the 1080 came out lmao. When I was working it was much easier to fork out a few grand knowing my next pay check would cover it. It's due to this I listened to a few friends and started my patreon and SS pages to hopefully at some point offset the investment I just made. If I was just sticking to gaming I would have no need to buy these upgrades. I'm not even running gaming drivers for the card I have now but running the work drivers which need to be uninstalled and switched when I do try gaming. For those that don't know yes there are two types of graphics drivers for these cards lmao.
I'm kind of sorry I asked. My line of work forces me to chase the technology curve, but I can charge for it and write off upgrades as a business expense. At least you can look forward to performance that will blow the doors off your existing system, at least until the software bloat, forces you to another upgrade.

Love your game! Thanks so much for your commitment and hard work.

Reactions: SeveredRealms

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Getting pretty agressive with the name calling against your own target public no?
Considering the Dev's stated opinion regarding that three letter combo (first page->future tag spoiler), I am pretty sure that the supporters/lovers of that particular fetish are NOT the target public for this vn. Pretty much the opposite in fact.

paul1983

Apr 11, 2020
I totally understand what your saying when it comes to too many girls. There is another game I was supporting for a long time I wont name it but some of the girls from the very start only has a passing mention to introduce them and now a few years later still have next to no screen time and every update instead of working on the massive amount of girls he/she has the dev brings in more 'side" girls. I stopped supporting when the dev brought in a whore house and gave the player no choice to keep one of the #1 main girls out of it. None of that shit will happen if I can avoid it and no fucking girls will be put in a whore house. I have already done just the opposite and saved one from ending up like that and taken one out before she was forced to do anything in a whore house. That to me is how a harem game should work.

As for keeping enough content I am going to try to set up something like a calendar of sorts. Think of it the way killer7 does MNF mc wakes up a little time with the fam then a little time with other girls maybe a couple different ones each time then end of day back with the fam and something with one or more family girls by nights end.

As for queens this isnt highlander there can be more then one :p Twins and Kahlan will of course along with some others. Lily really wont be per say but she will be behind the mc in more of a support type.... well when she isnt trying to be kinky that is... :p . I know one thing no one has even mentioned yet and was in the last release.... A very important person to the mc in all ways.....
will the angel be part of the harem? as im sure everyone would like to have some fun with her

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Considering the Dev's stated opinion regarding that three letter combo (first page->future tag spoiler), I am pretty sure that the supporters/lovers of that particular fetish are NOT the target public for this vn. Pretty much the opposite in fact.
Anti-NTR aren't his target public? That's what i meant when i said it, a pro-NTR guy won't scream or cry over his examples so i'am assuming he is saying an anti-NTR guy will scream and cry.

Reactions: sdna1

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Anti-NTR aren't his target public? That's what i meant when i said it, a pro-NTR guy won't scream or cry over his examples so i'am assuming he is saying an anti-NTR guy will scream and cry.
Ahhh....my apologies, it sounded like you meant that the other way around.

Reactions: linkinn

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Ahhh....my apologies, it sounded like you meant that the other way around.
It's all good now anyway since i am changing how the girls will be handled in the game. What I did say I have seen happen more then once in other games and people cry about it but its not going to be a issue in this one now. On another note the new power supply is out for delivery and the new card was shipped yesterday from Queens New York and is heading west now. My daughter will probable help me Sunday to unhook everything from my tower so we can take it outside and give it a thorough cleaning and have it ready for when the card gets here. :)

Reactions: Tavi13

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Everything except the card has arrived. The site says the card is out for delivery so it will be here this afternoon sometime. If anyone is interested this is the card I ended up with. Its not the one I wanted but wifey threw a fit over the cost of the other one so no liquid cooling on the card :(

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Everything except the card has arrived. The site says the card is out for delivery so it will be here this afternoon sometime. If anyone is interested this is the card I ended up with. Its not the one I wanted but wifey threw a fit over the cost of the other one so no liquid cooling on the card :(
Having recently specced out a new system, I can sympathize with having the wife put a damper on what you are allowed to spend :( That is still a seriously sweet card, even without the liquid cooling.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Idle curiosity, how much more performance would water cooling get you? If you don't know, no big deal, but given the added complexity of water cooling I would hope it would be a lot.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Idle curiosity, how much more performance would water cooling get you? If you don't know, no big deal, but given the added complexity of water cooling I would hope it would be a lot.
water cooling allows for higher overclocking since the heat is being taken away from the card it can work harder for longer periods and higher clock speeds. I already have a modular cooling system for my cpu that keeps it around 80F and I don't think I have ever seen it much above 90 with a 30% overclock and as hard as this thing works sometimes I would have cooked the cpu long before now.
cpu block.jpg

Reactions: UncleFredo

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
Don't try to OC the 3080, but maybe one step ,, like I told you the other night... I just got in after going out mowing :( and the machine has been idle for a few hours, and the GPU Temp is at normal state of 30c "86 F" It runs 75 to 83c when working "167 F +" normal clock. A little warm. I tried max OC one time and within 15 to 20 min it shut down, and switched to CPU mode. Which by the way totally screwed up the render I was going. Remember we talked about that :) In other words Don't get to froggy there Kermit... :)

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Don't try to OC the 3080, but maybe one step ,, like I told you the other night... I just got in after going out mowing :( and the machine has been idle for a few hours, and the GPU Temp is at normal state of 30c "86 F" It runs 75 to 83c when working "167 F +" normal clock. A little warm. I tried max OC one time and within 15 to 20 min it shut down, and switched to CPU mode. Which by the way totally screwed up the render I was going. Remember we talked about that :) In other words Don't get to froggy there Kermit... :)
Yea I'm not gonna mess with the card its already got a factory overclock on it so I'll leave it alone. I just gotta find time hopefully tomorrow to ge my tower outside cleaned up with my air compressor and tear it apart and put the new stuff in. Problem is my wife wants me to driver her to a few store all around the damn city so I'll be gone most of the damn day knowing her lmao. It's dark out now so no sense trying to do anything tonight but the card is here along with the power supply and a support braket cause this card is fucking heavy lmao. 1636763359434.png

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
wait what the fuck is that? Did that come with a PC??

Btw the dev notes about your wife leaving your office in tears...damn. This is on my list now.
No that didnt come with my pc. They are upgrades to replace the current card which will be done later today.

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
Been a fun day. Got the card and power supply in then had to mess with it for a hour cause nothing wanted to work lmao. Now its all up and running and to say I am impressed doesnt even cut it this thing rips renders out quick. The one below took just over a minute and a half. Took longer to load the scene and wait for daz but once its loaded it is quick.
ls87.png
1636928072153.png

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
Really enjoyed the game so far. It's an interesting story so far and has a lot of potential. The description of the game mentioned how there would be "Magic, myths, and legends" so I look forward to what comes next in that regard. We have met the Mother (Goddess) and the fairy so it's a good start. I'm interested to see how the MCs develops throughout the story. That being how he and Kahlan are "the future of man kind". The MC is already an esteemed soldier/fighter as we've seen mentioned by multiple characters, but that's only known in his realm. Once the MC becomes king, the other realms kings will most likely see the MC as a weak king that can be walked over but they most likely don't know about all the training he's done. It also seems he's a real peoples person and has the respect of those around him which will make leading the realm that much easier.

Since it's mentioned by the Mother that the MCs senses are too strong for her to continue watching the MC herself and also the Mothers mention of how the MCs connection to her is too strong for her to stay (not sure if she's talking about different things or if the MCs connection and his senses are two separate statements) makes me wonder if the MC will gain a power of some sort. With the mention of magic in the description, and the mention of the MCs connection to the Mother who is a Goddess, I can see her bestowing him with some sort of power that allows him to lead the realms to the right path... He is the "future of man kind" so... Also a mortal being having a strong connection to a Goddess sure sounds like magic to me.

I do have a few comments about the game that aren't all praise like above. All the girls in the game seem to fawn over the MC from the get go. I understand those close to him fawning over him, but Evie thinking about Erins offer just a few hours after being saved from an abusive brothel seems to be jumping the gun a bit. Sure the MC probably saved her life, but I hope that means that there will be a bit more development between the characters before jumping any further in their relationship. The MC's armor doesn't seem very practical to me. Armor is meant to protect you from any damage that may come your way, but the MCs armor has his whole torso open for anyone to drive a sword threw. The arms I see as fine since they do cover some parts of the arm, but the torso I don't find practical. Also the twins new hair is much better imo for the reader since it's much easier now to tell them apart based on their hair style so I hope KJ keeps the new hair style for them. In the BJ scene with Erin she takes off her top, however in the animation, she has a towel on during it so I'm not sure what happened there. Also in the writing we see " can not" "will not" and more which to me makes the reading sound a little off when compared to writing "can't" "won't" etc. Just some minor grammar I'd fix up but overall it's good.

Overall I think this game has a whole lot of potential and a very rich story to it. There's a few thing's that can be improved on but the VN (based on patreon posts) has only been in development for a few months so theres room for improvement just like any other VN. I look forward to what the new update bring to us.

Reactions: SeveredRealms

SeveredRealms

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2020
"Magic, myths, and legends" I'm interested to see how the MCs develops throughout the story.
There is more to the MC then even he understands (for now) In the next update the goddess will play a part in the MCs life it will be a small part for now but very important.

That being how he and Kahlan are "the future of man kind".
Can't comment on why yet. But Kahlan is the MC's shadow and right hand.

Once the MC becomes king, the other realms kings will most likely see the MC as a weak king that can be walked over but they most likely don't know about all the training he's done.
They will soon fear him and try to build alliances against him.

Since it's mentioned by the Mother that the MCs senses are too strong for her to continue watching the MC herself and also the Mothers mention of how the MCs connection to her is too strong for her to stay.
The connection is due to his lineage cant say anymore yet.

makes me wonder if the MC will gain a power of some sort.
If we were playing hot and cold you might get burned :p

seem to fawn over the MC from the get go. I understand those close to him fawning over him, but Evie thinking about Erins offer
Evie is going to be tempted but will not be jumping right into his bed for a while. She will be shown again in a awkward situation in the coming update. She will also have peer pressure from Erin and Lily. Lily especially will well be Lily. Though the mc will have other issues with the realm and other girls to deal with soon enough as well.

The MC's armor doesn't seem very practical to me.
It's meant to be a "dress" armor for special occasions not battle armor like the personal guards wear. He also is at a higher training then the guards and hates heavy armor because it restricts movement but we will see him in better armor now and then. As the game progresses other things will come into play. See your guess at the hot and cold game :p

I will have to go back and look at the erin scene. I know due to limitations with her original model I had to convert her to a gen8 and I probably fucked up on her outfit thank you for pointing it out and I will make note of it.

I had other reasons for the twins hair change. Those braids I really wanted but turned into a nightmare with the posing each time I moved their heads I had to reposition something like 10 sections of each braid every times and with 4 braids it was a royal pain in the ass with my old video card lagging out while doing it so I tried a bunch of different hair styles and showed them to a couple people and they chose those two styles :)

thank you for taking the time to play it and the post. I am new to this and working solo while dealing with some health issues but I am slowly getting work done on this next update. It is just taking me too long cause I can not sit at my pc like I used to and only seem to get about a hour or so a day if my back doesn't go into hysterics cause I went and did something I shouldn't do aka try to be a normal functioning human lol

3.70 star(s) 9 Votes