4.30 star(s) 6 Votes

valkenfyre

Feb 1, 2019
what a pity it will be abbandoned before spring comes...
That's a random comment. As I don't see why you'd think that, I can't help you.

Also, thanks for lowering your review score based on an idea that I so don't understand. Unless I somehow ended up with false memories of creating this project, I am still the one who developed it. I fail to see why some of you seem to think Bright Sun Studios made this. Is this just a community joke here? I'm new to this forum, so if that's the case I appologize for not being aware of it. Right now I'm just confused about this whole situation though

Reactions: Goblin Baily: DILF

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
That's a random comment. As I don't see why you'd think that, I can't help you.

Also, thanks for lowering your review score based on an idea that I so don't understand. Unless I somehow ended up with false memories of creating this project, I am still the one who developed it. I fail to see why some of you seem to think Bright Sun Studios made this. Is this just a community joke here? I'm new to this forum, so if that's the case I appologize for not being aware of it. Right now I'm just confused about this whole situation though
1549118390607.png

valkenfyre

Feb 1, 2019
@Kukothemadhatter
I already answerd that like two times now... I'm getting kind of sick of it. Yes, Bright Sun Studios created the subreddit for me because I couldn't do so with a new account. I didn't want to wait another full month after creating my new Reddit account, so I asked for some help in the Discord channel and Bright Sun Studios handed over a community he created to me so I could be the moderator. It's that simple.

But I guess It's possible I'm more than one person at once without realizing it. I'd better go call a doctor. This is so not how I wanted how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning.

Discord Screenshot.png
I had to censor some of the names (including my own) because we're using our personal accounts. Mine is the one with the orange icon though

I find it weird that conversations about this game and if it includes NTR or not get nuked by moderators, but this doesn't. I hope that isn't a reflection of this community as a whole

Reactions: Aphantasia

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
@valkenfyre unfortunately..a thick skin will REALLY be needed here due to your affiliation..even if its just reddit..with BSS..BSS has left an extremely foul taste in many players mouths due to so many projects getting people hooked..because they were good..then abandoning them and starting a new one based on trying to get patreons(the the general opinion on it) i think many are blinded by the anger at BSS and cannot see through the red haze at what you are saying..so..the best thing..is to shut that out of your system..concentrate on delivering as good a game as you can do..stick with it..and if you do that..eventually the people will open their eyes...this is the one site..a developer cannot have a soft soul..lol..go hard :D i'll keep following the game as long as you keep making it..like i said..i enjoyed it..have a happy day :D

valkenfyre

Feb 1, 2019
@valkenfyre unfortunately..a thick skin will REALLY be needed here due to your affiliation..even if its just reddit..with BSS..BSS has left an extremely foul taste in many players mouths due to so many projects getting people hooked..because they were good..then abandoning them and starting a new one based on trying to get patreons(the the general opinion on it) i think many are blinded by the anger at BSS and cannot see through the red haze at what you are saying..so..the best thing..is to shut that out of your system..concentrate on delivering as good a game as you can do..stick with it..and if you do that..eventually the people will open their eyes...this is the one site..a developer cannot have a soft soul..lol..go hard :D i'll keep following the game as long as you keep making it..like i said..i enjoyed it..have a happy day :D
I suppose you're right, but that doesn't make it better. I'll keep going, just like you said. But first impressions matter. And that goes both ways. Both the first impression of the game matters, but also the first impression of the F95Zone community for a new developer. I've seen a lot of nice comments, and those are the ones I'll focus on. I wanted to be open with this community, despite the stuff that goes on here. But I can't say I have a favorable view of this community at the moment. I can only hope that will all change in the future (although at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if this comment gets nuked by moderators as well)

I suggest we actually go back to just discussing the game itself now, which is what this forum is for after all. At least that was the reason given for the removal of comments before (them being 'off topic')

Reactions: -Hex-

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Both the first impression of the game matters, but also the first impression of the F95Zone community for a new developer.
This is the first time i've seen a developer consider the impressions of people on a piracy site.

Considering the folk here download games whether the devs like it or not it just strikes me as unusual.

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
dont fret @valkenfyre eventually the mod's will put down their mimosa's and petit fours and nip the accusatory stuff in the bud..what is being said is not allowed to fly..and if they delete your most current post pertaining to it..it will only be to totally wipe the line of chat from the thread..not an attack on you...but i believe they'll let your comment stand..its polite and lacking flame stuff

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
I already answerd that like two times now... I'm getting kind of sick of it.
I'm just asking you to prove me wrong... that's the only thing I want in life right now. I loved the game at first, and that's why the five star review. But when I found out you had connections to BSS it got me worried. You have similar aestetics (even the cute red-noses) similar plots (in Heaephestus's daughter MC helps the main girl,then a flame from the past shows up).. I loved all the BSS games I played and seeing them abbandoned was a hard blow. All I'm asking of you is 1 or 2 more updates to reassure me it won't be abbandoned. if that happens I'll be speaking praises of Sex Coach and recommend it every time someone asks for a story driven VN, but so far my schepticism is well justified.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
@Kukothemadhatter
I already answerd that like two times now... I'm getting kind of sick of it. Yes, Bright Sun Studios created the subreddit for me because I couldn't do so with a new account. I didn't want to wait another full month after creating my new Reddit account, so I asked for some help in the Discord channel and Bright Sun Studios handed over a community he created to me so I could be the moderator. It's that simple.

But I guess It's possible I'm more than one person at once without realizing it. I'd better go call a doctor. This is so not how I wanted how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning.

View attachment 237471
I had to censor some of the names (including my own) because we're using our personal accounts. Mine is the one with the orange icon though

I find it weird that conversations about this game and if it includes NTR or not get nuked by moderators, but this doesn't. I hope that isn't a reflection of this community as a whole
Your defense of why you're not BSS is silly and further cements the evidence against you. "I cant be BSS because we are both logged in at the same time on Discord" is insulting to our intelligence. As if it's impossible to have multiple accounts. Playing naive is silly. We know it's you but we cant prove it. This negativity was earned through abandoning game after game and being dishonest.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. This game is getting good feedback. Stick with it. No matter how funny it'll be to see a 4th Dev appear in two months, who has the exact same style as BSS and is a "friend". For the sake of the community I actually want to see this game succeed. I hope you stick with this one and these accusatory comments will be replaced with those of praise. You've always had great ideas.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
The one and only way to stop people getting on your case is prove them wrong. If you manage to complete your game, job done, if you abandon it you prove their point.

BSS has backed himself into the very corner I said he'd back himself into when he started down that road. He went trying to chase the money and I said in one of his threads as soon as he starts abandoning games he will never build his Patreon up, people will not back someone who drops their projects, that's never been how it works.

If you are here chasing money you are in the wrong business. It takes a long time to build up unless you get insanely lucky. There are thousands of devs all trying to make it and very few of them make above 1000 a month. More people join in the more games you finish when they know they can have faith in that developer.

BSS finished Blooming Love which brought me in. I loved that game even though incest isn't my thing, the story and characters were great. Then the games started getting abandoned which led to me and other dropping our support. He will never get that support back, people have lost all faith in him. It's also why people are wary whenever his name comes up with another developer.

All people are thinking now is how long until you abandon this.

I don't have the patience to deal with devs that can't finish what they start which is why I rarely support developers until they can prove to me how serious they are and words mean less than nothing, i've heard them all before.

valkenfyre

Feb 1, 2019
Your defense of why you're not BSS is silly and further cements the evidence against you. "I cant be BSS because we are both logged in at the same time on Discord" is insulting to our intelligence. As if it's impossible to have multiple accounts. Playing naive is silly. We know it's you but we cant prove it. This negativity was earned through abandoning game after game and being dishonest.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. This game is getting good feedback. Stick with it. No matter how funny it'll be to see a 4th Dev appear in two months, who has the exact same style as BSS and is a "friend". For the sake of the community I actually want to see this game succeed. I hope you stick with this one and these accusatory comments will be replaced with those of praise. You've always had great ideas.
Trying to fight false accusations is 'silly'. Of course, I'm so sorry! Fighting back just means you're more guilty. Thanks for teaching me that.

You're ignorning any evidence I give because you don't want to realize you're wrong, despite admitting you have nothing to prove your stance yourself. If you're looking for dishonesty, you should look in the mirror.

Guilty until absolutely proven innocent, huh? The perfect system. If your first thought upon seeing my Discord screenshot is 'oh, but you can just have two accounts', then we have nothing to discuss. No evidence is going to work for you. You're insulting your own intelligence here. You'll always just see what you want to see

People like you are never going to believe me, so I won't even bother. I figured I could get some good feedback from this website to improve the game, but you've shown me what the people here are really like. So thank you for that lesson

wildt

Donor
Sep 2, 2018
So, i've been reading the dialogue and i'm now looking at this guys job title.

Either he's very new or not very good at it.

Only a certain type of girl would tolerate being called a slut while cheating on her husband with a guy she's just met and they don't end in romance.

A lot of us love a bit of roleplay and dirty talk but that kind of thing aint a turn on when we don't know them.

I don't mean to be overly critical but it does read like a teenagers wet dream.

Personally, if I was to cheat on my girl and some tart was railing me like that with a strappy and she started calling me a slut we'd have 2 problems, the first would be me having to hop home and the other would be her trying to explain to the paramedics why she has a high heeled boot lodged firmly in her rectal passage.
I agree with you 100 % on that . I wouldn't even call a prostitute a whore or slut when were having sex. They maybe some women out there that like that but iv'e never met one or would want to be with her if she let you talk to her like that.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
Great start to this game! Very interesting concept, with choices that actually matter in how the game progresses. I like the dual POV. The girls look great! [Although, I wish you had given Amber green eyes. Oh well!] The renders in the sex scenes are marvelously done. [Too bad there are no animations] There needs to be some suspension of disbelief in the plot, and the male MC is something of a scheming dick, but I play games that are a lot worse.

As for the matter of the developer having to prove himself, he has proved to me that he knows how to create an interesting game. As long as the quality keeps coming, I don't give a damn about anything else.

I look forward to playing the next release of this game.

Reactions: ohhaiguize

NeoStarr

Jul 2, 2017
Whoever deleted my post is an idiot and apparently can't read because I was explaining that very fact that they stated it was deleted for. Idiocy at it's finest apparently.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Trying to fight false accusations is 'silly'. Of course, I'm so sorry! Fighting back just means you're more guilty. Thanks for teaching me that.

You're ignorning any evidence I give because you don't want to realize you're wrong, despite admitting you have nothing to prove your stance yourself. If you're looking for dishonesty, you should look in the mirror.

Guilty until absolutely proven innocent, huh? The perfect system. If your first thought upon seeing my Discord screenshot is 'oh, but you can just have two accounts', then we have nothing to discuss. No evidence is going to work for you. You're insulting your own intelligence here. You'll always just see what you want to see

People like you are never going to believe me, so I won't even bother. I figured I could get some good feedback from this website to improve the game, but you've shown me what the people here are really like. So thank you for that lesson
Spare me your crocodile tears. You really couldn't just ignore this and move on, huh? Ok, I'll take a quick dive while my scenes are rendering.

1. BrightSun Studios has a distinct style in visuals as has already been mentioned here. Your game looks just like his.
  2. BrightSun Studio created your subreddit community.
  3. You know BrightSun through his Discord. Obviously new developers first step into this community is to go on a Discord of an obscure shady dev. Makes sense.
A slightly deeper dive with a quick glance at the script of this game and BSS's latest game, Daughter of Hephaestus.

1549133037002.png

1. Same picture organization. You name all your renders just consecutive numbers (1,2,3,4,etc) and keep them in the main game folder.
  2. You both create a "music" folder in the main game folder and call music through there.
  3. You both have the exact same code organization and naming style. This is more obvious if you look at the rest of the script.
By itself this may not be significant. However I've looked at a dozen different game scripts when I was first learning how to code. I've never encountered someone simply dumping all of their renders in the main game folder and just naming them 1,2,3,4. Everyone organizes their renders/files because otherwise you will lose track. Unless of course you make a new game every 2-3 months, then no worries.

Finally, we come to the monetary side of things.
From

1549133434090.png
1549133448632.png

Then of course, . Which I can summarize as "If I don't see enough financial support within the first two updates of my game, I will abandon it."

Hey, your game has an end screen that says nearly the same things as BrightSun Studio, I'll highlight the important parts.

screen End:
frame:
xsize 1600
ysize 900
vbox:
text "{b}Why does this game need money?":
size 18
text "I am aware this might not make me popular, but I feel that I need to be honest about this. No developer starts a project with the intent of losing money.":
size 18
text "Like with most things, this game isn't created without cost. Frankly, creating an adult game like this on your own is actually quite expensive, especially for a version 0.1 release of a game.":
size 18
text "At the moment it's both a massive time investment (although I don't actually have a lot of free time at the moment) and a financially risky investment.":
size 18
text "And obviously I'd like to make this my full time job one day as I've loved doing it so far. But that will need money. Enough to get me by normally at least.":
size 18
text "It's a simple fact that projects like these don't survive without funding. That's why so many projects are dropped and canceled so early in development. They didn't get enough support to survive.":
size 18
text "I'll make version 0.2 no matter what, but version 0.3 and beyond are all up to how much support this game gets.":
size 18
text "I feel that I simply have to be open about this from the start. Although this is a passion project, earning money with it is the end goal.":
size 18
text "":
size 18
text "{b}What will financial support change?":
size 18
text "Quite a lot. Updates will be bigger, quicker and of a higher quality.":
size 18
text "The more money I earn with this, the more time I can spend on it instead of on other stuff to be able to afford food and rent.":
size 18
text "Each update will simply require money and time, I can't get around that. And if there isn't enough money coming in, that will slow down development a whole lot.":
size 18
text "This version took me 3 months to make because I had so little time to work on it without earning any money from it. Hopefully that will go better with version 0.2.":
size 18
text "I'll do my best to make the best product I can despite of how much money it will make, but money is simply a massive factor in these things.":
size 18
text "":
size 18
text "{b}But how much money per month?":
size 18
text "$100 or less: This will barely cover development costs. Updates might take about 2.5 to maybe 3 months.":
size 18
text "$500 or more: This will allow me to spend a lot more time on the project. Updates might take about 1.5 to 2 months.":
size 18
text "$1000 or more: This will allow me to work on it almost full time. Updates will take about a month.":
size 18
text "$1600 or more: Honestly, this is the goal that I hope to reach eventually. I'll actually start working full time on it.":
size 18
text "":
size 18
text "{b}Where can I support the game?":
size 18
text "How kind of you to ask. Patreon is the answer. You can find a link to my Patreon page in the main menu (click on the Patreon icon).":
size 18
text "There you can see the benefits you get for supporting me. I hope to see you there.":
size 18
text ""
textbutton "Close":
action Return()
Oh wow, would you look at that. A new dev dipping his toes into this industry for the first time is so well versed on costs and timelines of making a VN. You've made one 0.1 version and now you're fully aware of how much funding you need and how it will effect your development timeline. Even better, your monthly earning goal completely coincides with BrightSun's.

1. Both you and BSS claim that each update costs a lot of money to create. Somehow you are the only devs who seem to incur more development costs with each update. The rest of us spend the majority of costs in the initial creation of the project (music, assets, etc). Sorry dawg, the math don't check out.
  2. You've stated that you will make the next update for this game, however if there's not enough funding then you will abandon before 0.3. That's identical to Brightsun.
  3. You both have the exact Patreon goals. At $1,000 a month, the game will not be at risk of abandonment. At $1,600/1,700 you will work on it full time.

I call bullshit. You're a "new dev" with the same level of obsession about hitting the same monetary goals as BrightSun. This isn't a passion project. Why did I spend 20 minutes of my life to put this together? Do I have nothing better to do than to insult and bring down a fellow dev? Nope, I just hate shady devs who milk and exploit this community for money. It paints the rest of us in the same bad light. Because every time you burn a Patron and abandon your project, the community loses that Patron forever. People who get screwed will be wary of ever supporting another dev again. This behavior is a cancer to this community.

I normally don't insult or attack other devs, let alone community members. You really do inspire disgust in me. For the majority of last year all you've done is lie to your supporters and the rest of the community while abandoning game after game. Seems like 2019 is off to the same start. I think you are actually the record holder in that regard, so good job?

Funny enough, if you had just ignored my previous comment I would have not even bothered with a followup post. But you couldn't help yourself, you just had to continue lying and trying to play the naive victim here. I wonder if you and Darth Smut grab beers together to brainstorm new ways of trying to burn this community?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
text "I'll make version 0.2 no matter what, but version 0.3 and beyond are all up to how much support this game gets.":
size 18
text "I feel that I simply have to be open about this from the start. Although this is a passion project, earning money with it is the end goal.":
I don't know what to say to that.

Lets say you are who you say you are, that makes you an unproven dev looking to make a lot of support on a 0.1 or 0.2 with the subject of abandonment should that support not be met.

You've been toking that good shit, haven't you?

I know you have because the only way to justify that is by being hiiiiiiigh as fuck.

4.30 star(s) 6 Votes