Cendash

May 30, 2021
You can easily hold CTRL and know which choices you already did, so long as you don't use the preference option to skip unseen text.
But if you don't want to play the game there is nothing anyone can do.

That is very helpful, thanks. No need to add it if it is a standard function. There are probably a bunch of helpful RenPy controls that casual users like myself are unaware of.
I don't seem to be able to get it to work so far. I have the option to skip unseen text de-selected (in the preference menu), but it still just flashes "skipping > > >" in the top-right corner when I hold CTRL. What am I missing?

I didn't mean to sound like I do not want to figure out the game. I like the puzzle aspect of figuring out what to do differently to get different outcomes. I just meant it would be preferable to refer to info in game to figure it out. If I can't peek at the gallery or see see my choice count, I would end up having to list the path on a post-it to get to some of the destinations. That would be less fun than just peeking at screens in game.

Reactions: Ghostload

Llamamann

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Feb 26, 2018
I noted a bunch of amendments to the in-game story design in v.0.8.0

Major observations:
  1. Movie night on Day 2 is no longer available on Game 0 (the first timeloop). Llamamann, is it on purpose or an oversight in the scripts? It seems to have made the condition "if game >=1" for the menu choice "Not this time" redundant, as the entire movie event is missing on Game 0. Same is true of the menu choice "Ask Emily to cuddle".
  2. Melvin Scene #2 (the former Lexxx Scene #10) on Day 6 right before the prom no longer re-appears on further loops other than Game 0 due to the value "if game ==0". Is it also on purpose or an oversight?
  3. Veronica's call to Melvin on Game 3: he mentions getting pegged by Lexxx even if this event didn't happen (Lexxx's corruption zeta = 0, which means Melvin never got pranked). Oversight? IMHO, it looks more logical to lock this event onto the value "if zlexevent >=1".
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
To be continued...
This is great major #3 is definitely something I will fix. Nice catch. I’ll have to go through them in detail when I get some time.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That is very helpful, thanks. No need to add it if it is a standard function. There are probably a bunch of helpful RenPy controls that casual users like myself are unaware of.
I don't seem to be able to get it to work so far. I have the option to skip unseen text de-selected (in the preference menu), but it still just flashes "skipping > > >" in the top-right corner when I hold CTRL. What am I missing?

I didn't mean to sound like I do not want to figure out the game. I like the puzzle aspect of figuring out what to do differently to get different outcomes. I just meant it would be preferable to refer to info in game to figure it out. If I can't peek at the gallery or see see my choice count, I would end up having to list the path on a post-it to get to some of the destinations. That would be less fun than just peeking at screens in game.
Holding control skips through text you have already seen. So if you have seen a scene before, control will skip through it really fast. If you haven't, pressing control won't do anything. This makes it easy to get through the parts you've seen to the parts you haven't, as well as letting you know for sure if you can't remember if you've seen a scene or not. If you have, you can rollback and try a different option. You can also tell by looking at the skip button in the bar at the bottom of the screen, if it's dark it means the scene is new, if it is white it means you've seen it before.
You can also drop this attached file into the game folder, and it will grey out menu options that you have previously clicked, though bear in mind that if you have picked a choice before it will be grey even if going through it will take you to other choices you haven't seen before.
You can see how here I haven't chosen a custom name for Melvin before:
screenshot0003.jpg

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
I think prom has a bug. On the first iteration, if you choose "I think I should wait" in day6_alexa, and then "Well... maybe we could do it..." in prom_alexa, there's no sex scene. You skip to "I can't believe we didn't get caught!" which doesn't make sense, because there was no sex scene at prom (that's the bug). alexasubend and alexadomend are both 0, so it skips both sexy time scenarios.

I'm loving all the routes, and the animations are great! 6 out of 5 stars!

4.50 star(s) 219 Votes