2.70 star(s) 10 Votes

Darkcloudx79

Aug 18, 2017
Oh good, I was debating on which to waste my hard earned income on a new car or a new computer, I guess I should throw my money at the computer. No resale value though ={

Ferghus

Engaged Member
Aug 25, 2017
Oh good, I was debating on which to waste my hard earned income on a new car or a new computer, I guess I should throw my money at the computer. No resale value though ={
If you need a car, the answer is the car. If you don't need a car, it depends on how old you are. If you're like under 21 in the US, the insurance alone will bankrupt you. In which case disregard the first sentence.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
A new update came out, it looks like a downgrade, again.
Video preview-

Download links for Shades of Elysium Prototype
Mediafire :

Google Drive :

Onedrive :

Mega :

Notable features

1) Import & Export Character Function, you may now exchange characters with others or re-import them for future version of the game.

2) Layer based character design

3) Basic Ai, simply talk to a character while building mode is 'ON' and turn Roaming 'ON' will activate it.

4) Placement system, you may place the available interactive furniture or any character you have created from the Main Menu.

5) Turn On the Fur from setting menu at your own risk, it might crash the game if drivers are incompatible or dropping the frame rates significantly if your PC aren't powerful enough to handle it.

Reactions: TheMadDogofShimano

ToastCrumb

Mar 22, 2019
Looks like a rebuild from the ground up, given how it's just a dev room with test assets.
Looks to have a little more potential than the original game. If there's no more hiatus, I'll give it a few months before i give a verdict on whether it's an actual downgrade. This looks a lot more dynamic compared to the original game.

BravoKiloOne

Feb 2, 2020
for those curious this came across my patreon feed, didnt even realize i still followed the dev....

TL;DR

I fucked up real bad. I deeply apologize for my mistakes. I have been working on remaking the game, and I have made some progress. Please look for the next post.

------------

Full Version :

To whom who may find this post, dear supporters, and people who are concerned with my well-being. I wanted to reach out and apologize for my long disappearance over the past few years, I want to take full responsibility for all the hurt and disappointment that I may have caused. Starting by and not least, spewing out the remains of all the haunting thoughts that I did not have the courage back then, to let out.

The main reasons that led to me to succumb to silence over informing everyone about the state of development was the gravity of the decisions that I was wrestling with, was the many 'hows' to get to the finish line with no clear line of sight, and the other, to start over from scratch. I chose the latter. For people who said the game is dead, they are not wrong.

For the main reasons behind the heart-wrenching decision.

Reason #1 (by far the most destructive and un-scalable)

Unique bone structure and rig for every different races. multiply that with gender, then multiply that with the total amount of animations and interactions in game and you end up with impossible amount of workloads. A truly disastrous technical oversight.

Reason #2 Beginnings without a plan.

We did not know what we were capable (in a poor way) of, nor knowing where we should go and more importantly how it should end. With no scope in sight, we simply tried out too many things and wasted many resources to make, for example (real), an overly large open-world style map without adventures or objectives that correlates to any economics in-game (which were none present), an apartment without customization, inventory system, barter, stats that barely matter at all, skill tree that was not progressive at all, the lists go on. probably the only thing I was content about was the dirty-talk system, otherwise everything were so poorly connected to each other.

Reason #3 Did not play to our strength.

Coming into the game development field from a computer graphical background, our specialization background mostly came from a field providing production values making 3d assets like 3d models, textures and animation assets to game development. Programming was my newfound toy, shades of elysium should have been a far simpler game, I was promising more than what I could chew.

I had to abandon my first creation, from its rubbles I tried to gather as many as mistakes that I could learn from. As an inexperienced individual as I was, I set out with ambitions without boundaries, eager to explore many ideas that came my way while also aimed to be as inclusive as possible, I was a rookie who probably made his first footprint and believed the journey was going be easy. I couldn't be more wrong.

Since the start of 2021 I have been working on a reboot, alone, stopping occasionally when I have to do some freelances to make ends meet, I was eye-ing for a completion and a redemption. First things I overhauled was the character rigs, I have modularized them to body parts and using the same skeletal structure for all different species to come, and automate bits like facial expressions so I only have to animate things once, automate dynamic bits like auto v*****l/a**l entrance that wrap perfectly around a male's junk or any objects to skip those resourceful intensive animation times. I also took a short c++ course in 2022 to better understanding the basics when I would be re-entering the game development part of the game anew thereafter with all the ideas boxed in. Looking back now those times felt like an eternity of new low.

But the time has come for me to finally push myself over an update about the progress, I was way past my internal deadline anyways. I will be posting a download link to my project prototype in a separate public post, everyone can try it out. Maybe it's not what you ask for, nor it is what I felt ready to be seen, I only hope some of you may find some fun in the little prototype that I have been cooking behind the scene. Pardon me the visual fidelity of the character creators for the time being as I am more focused with gameplay and functionality of things before returning to work on pretty characters.

Alas, big big gratitude for the people who still believe in me, especially those who never waivered their supports, all these years, you guys kept me here at every crossroads, I only hope I could return the endeavors within my lifetime and not after.

To all my discord dwellers, know that I truly appreciate all the kind words or angry criticism written, and that I have read every single one of them, It was really painful to not writing back.

I know I have a lot to make up for. I'm sorry and thank you guys for everything.

d8games

Jan 3, 2020
Very heavy prototype not optimized just changed dx12 to dx11 he didn't know how to optimize the engine looks like I'm going to have to post a tutorial on how to make unreal engine 5 super light like I did here.

d8games

Jan 3, 2020
HERE HOW TO MAKE UNREAL ENGINE 5 SUPER LIGHT

ANY SEND THIS TO DEV Khralzar

OPEN PROJECT AND GO TO CONFIG AND EDIT DefaultEngine.INI

r.VT.TileSize=64
r.VT.TileBorderSize=4
r.vt.FeedbackFactor=16
r.ReflectionCaptureResolution=64
fx.GPUSimulationTextureSizeX=64
fx.GPUSimulationTextureSizeY=64
r.Strata.BytesPerPixel=64
r.SkinCache.SceneMemoryLimitInMB=64.000000

and to change dx mode

DefaultGraphicsRHI=DefaultGraphicsRHI_DX11
-D3D12TargetedShaderFormats=PCD3D_SM5
+D3D12TargetedShaderFormats=PCD3D_SM6
-D3D11TargetedShaderFormats=PCD3D_SM5
+D3D11TargetedShaderFormats=PCD3D_SM5

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
If you ask me,going from the fake rpg, the pointless rng character sets and the other stuff to being able to spawn creations is an upgrade over the crappy game that did exist that was just prefabs. I hope this game actually sees progress this time instead of just being a super unprepared mess like the last one.
The entire game didn't make any sense before.

Unique base skeleton per character type also meant a lot of having to re-animate things per character. That would definitely create more work and create less compatibility between types.

Perhaps things may end up different this time. I'll believe it when I see it though.

Last edited:

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
Jesus christ its alive again ?!
I wouldn't call it alive but it did get an update and rework I suppose. It's a start but I'm not holding my breath. I hope the dev proves me wrong but till then I'll believe it when I see real progress this time.

Jan 8, 2019
I wouldn't call it alive but it did get an update and rework I suppose. It's a start but I'm not holding my breath. I hope the dev proves me wrong but till then I'll believe it when I see real progress this time.
We are 2 hoping him proving us wrong, i get to this forum because of this game so i have some appreciation, but the models are actually a downgrade and if i know well the creator was actually the modeler of the old game so idk why is this.

catsdino

Aug 6, 2019
We are 2 hoping him proving us wrong, i get to this forum because of this game so i have some appreciation, but the models are actually a downgrade and if i know well the creator was actually the modeler of the old game so idk why is this.
It takes a lot of time to port over assets and check everything to a new version even when recycling. I'll give them that from experience. But I still am not holding my breath till this has enough content to fool around in from a casual standpoint. Tech demo status this game never left after years and years. They should have honestly reached out way earlier than they did instead of just burning time, money and everyone investing and just ripped that bandaid off way earlier. They made it harder on themselves waiting so long honestly.

OmegaManMan2

Aug 20, 2022
Shades of Elysium Prototype v1.0.1.0 came out like two days ago. Anyone got a link for that? Checked Kemono, and just browsed around the internet. Seemingly nothing

Reactions: sky0dragon

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
I can't believe my eyes.

When The Cathouse Tale died and then this, it was like the end of the furry world. ...and suddenly furry corpses come back to life.

The new models look next-gen, but on the other hand, they're kind of cold, generic... the original ones were really hot. I wonder what it's gonna turn out to be. ..if anything.

Jan 8, 2019
I can't believe my eyes.

When The Cathouse Tale died and then this, it was like the end of the furry world. ...and suddenly furry corpses come back to life.

The new models look next-gen, but on the other hand, they're kind of cold, generic... the original ones were really hot. I wonder what it's gonna turn out to be. ..if anything.
the dev say that he change of models because the old ones require a personal treatment to every one and give problems with animations, idk about this but the new models look really bad taking in account he was the modeler of the old game, especially the male ones, and the change between species is the worst part of the new models.

DocRipper

Dec 27, 2021
the dev say that he change of models because the old ones require a personal treatment to every one and give problems with animations, idk about this but the new models look really bad taking in account he was the modeler of the old game, especially the male ones, and the change between species is the worst part of the new models.
Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
Well it's really not a perfect comeback. We'll see what happens next.

2.70 star(s) 10 Votes