3.70 star(s) 72 Votes

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Downloaded and played it and didn't draw the folder to the "Not fun"-folder (aka I will continue to play when next update comes). ;)

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well was funny update, plenty of story at current time and past and had 1 sexscene too (3 eps and 2 sexscenes isn't much).

Okedman

Sep 24, 2020
Yoooooo, I really hope that I will find the answer to my question.
Can someone tell me what song is in the main menu of the game? Really really necessary)

Feb 9, 2021
I stumbled across this story the other day because of some signature GIFs. I have to admit, I am not a fan of the "puppet show" style of VNs (ie...Love of magic, Savior...), but I am intrigued by the story and the cool animations. The art is great, as well, and I am looking to finish this soon. I like the characters and from what Ive read already there is more to it than the usual VN.

3qtiGs5.gif

Last edited:

ipa

Nov 30, 2016
Wow, this game is very good! Intelligent design and dialogue, pretty women of normal proportion.
Most impressed!

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Fuck I was all set to hate Emily for being shallow and petty... until she noticeably gets turned on by the MC and is DTF. I know technically this isn't a harem/fuck 'em all type of game, but just wondering what kind of consequences are we looking at if we show interest in more than 1 girl?

I was all set to just focus on Leah, but given the story she's hardly around at the beginning and now Valerie, Haley and now Sam are too tempting to pass up. Any chance we can at least casually date around before settling in on a particular girl?

Jun 29, 2017
What's the fixation with Ren'py? The game is now a downloadable. Let it be. I like to have control of my own stuff and code my own engines.
As a linux user where Ren'py enables fairly easy linux support for devs, to my understanding, that's at least why I like it (I base this on the fact that it seems that everyone who uses renpy has a linux script, except for very few outliers). I don't have to mess around with wine and wine-prefixes. Just launch the .sh script from my file manager. ;)
That being said, Shale Hill seems to run without issues in wine (unlike DFD that had issues), but it's still annoying having to deal with, but I also get that the vast majority of your users probably aren't running linux. In the cases where wine doesn't work, I either A: have to dual boot with Windows, which is annoying, or spin up a Windows Virtual Machine, which is also annoying, mostly because of licenses and shit (it's also not guaranteed to work, depending on engine).

Edit: Some praise - I actually consider Love-Joint's/Palmer's stories, animations, models, and characters some of the best there are, so kudos for that.

Last edited:

amBest

Jul 18, 2017
Though this question has been bugging me for a while, so I must ask why the Dev team bothers spending time on a pirate site. 80% of the people here are here for free releases, 15% to share said releases and the remaining 5% are here because they find it entertaining to see what goes on around these parts, I find myself in the latter category. Are you looking for constructive criticism here or are you trying to discern the tastes of pirates? from my experience here regarding LJ games in particular I think you'll find neither, its a miracle that so many people actually talked about the engine. Its possible it just never happened before since Palmer was rarely ever on this site (RIP btw). Or are you hoping to compare with what people are saying over on Patreon? Sorry if this is coming across as condescending, its super late where I am and I'm very tired so my tone might be a little too much, just please know that I'm not trying to be condescending.
It's not just pirates. I find this site to be an amazing collection of update notices and discovery of new games. But the things that I love, I patron, always. I mostly love patroning really small creators (patron wise) that make amazing stuff. Lazy monkey and the guys from Duality are so incredibly amazing, yet they have nowhere near enough patrons.

So yeah, there is support to be found, even here.

Also, I just detest the design of the patreon site. There is nothing I like about it. Looks so lazy and half assed. Like a student project with a bit of a budget. I refuse to use it.

Jun 29, 2017
It's not just pirates. I find this site to be an amazing collection of update notices and discovery of new games. But the things that I love, I patron, always. I mostly love patroning really small creators (patron wise) that make amazing stuff. Lazy monkey and the guys from Duality are so incredibly amazing, yet they have nowhere near enough patrons.

So yeah, there is support to be found, even here.
Same, I use this site for discovery, and I also support a few creators' games which I deeply enjoy, which I would've never found without this site.

Gubbaman

May 13, 2020
Is there any actual sex in the game with any of the girls? This game is progressing very slowly. Do the choices have consequences?

Reactions: HornsFan

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Is there any actual sex in the game with any of the girls? This game is progressing very slowly. Do the choices have consequences?
I'm in episode 2 and so far I'm conflicted as I want to hate Emily, but ironically she comes on strong if you choose to still have feelings for her. Essentially you have the option to fuck her if you pick the right choices with her. So far that's it in terms of lewd. While I like how she looks personally, her character personality bugs me so I'm conflicted as I would ordinarily ignore her if she wasn't the first girl my MC has an opportunity to hook up with. Sadly, it gets predictably awkward right after and rather than keeping it casual and chalking it up to a good time and much needed tension release, the MC comes off as a little desperate and naïve.

Jun 29, 2017
Yeah these games from the Dev tend to be episodic. Learned that when I played Double Homework.
Oh yeah, I've played all of LJ's games, but they also tend to come in separated folders/installments. I figured it'd just auto-play here, because it's one .exe. :p
But hey, just means I've more to play, which I won't complain about.

Edit: Also, is that .. Moe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Stringy Bob

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Holy Shit that cliffhanger... at least once we get the situation resolved it looks like Leah's gonna have some explaining to do... When is the next update out? I'm almost tempted to resub on Patreon if I can get it sooner than waiting for it here.

For the record, I still hate Emily, but after being teased a bit for the first part of the game, I was ultimately too weak to resist that sexy redhead... dammit I feel ashamed of admitting I still liked her just to get in her pants and now she's predictable getting increasingly hostile as we continue to have one awkward run-in after another post hook up. Just wish the MC could play it off as just a one-time indiscretion/break-up sex or even the occasional FWB hook-up instead some meaningful chance winning her back. I'm far more intrigued by Valerie, Leah, Haley, Sam and even Maggie. If Emily truly wants to forget her moment of weakness and have nothing more to do with the MC, I can totally respect that and move on.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I haven't actually finished DFD, so I don't know what exactly happens in the end of that, but even if the game isn't in the same "universe", the model has to be a reference. :p
as far as i remember he stayed as cop.

3.70 star(s) 72 Votes