3.70 star(s) 72 Votes

Garen

May 6, 2017
Man the past with the election was super annoying and I wasn't entirely happy with how the MC just went along with everything and became VP but I could understand why he did it, given his new perspective on things after the hospital.

That said I do empathize with him completely on just how adorable Sam is. Pretty sure she's my 2nd most precious character so far right behind Leah.

Yeah she's horrible as a person which I think is the intention.
I would argue for 'shallow' instead of 'horrible'. From the past, it was super clear to me that she was into him because of his ambition even when they were a couple and it wasn't a sudden personality shift out of nowhere. So I don't really have any ill feelings towards her anymore.

Dongus420

May 21, 2018
Man the past with the election was super annoying and I wasn't entirely happy with how the MC just went along with everything and became VP but I could understand why he did it, given his new perspective on things after the hospital.

That said I do empathize with him completely on just how adorable Sam is. Pretty sure she's my 2nd most precious character so far right behind Leah.

I would argue for 'shallow' instead of 'horrible'. From the past, it was super clear to me that she was into him because of his ambition even when they were a couple and it wasn't a sudden personality shift out of nowhere. So I don't really have any ill feelings towards her anymore.
Yeah I think that's fair.

Superficial and shallow rather than just horrible.

Reactions: Garen

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Shale Hill Secrets [v0.4.2] [Love-Joint] – Compressed

Win x64 v0.4.2 · · · (335.1 MiB :: 943.4 MiB)
Animation fix · · · (21.4 MiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality, and may or may not break your game.

❗Be sure to grab both files, else most animated sex scenes will crash the game. Sorry.

Caveat emptor.

Edit: Updated to v0.4.2 | Added fix for broken/missing animations

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017
Honestly no clue what you are talking about as I haven't seen anywhere that Emily is best girl...if anything I'd nominate her for worst. Even if I'm slightly a little more open-minded on her given her flashback scenes, she's still in no way best girl material imo.
Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. I don't hate her, and there's clearly something up with her, and judging by the flashbacks, she's not really that bad. I have faith that the Love Joint guys has a plan for her. Or it could just be that's she's a bitch, and hate-fucking her isn't that bad an option either. :p

Either way: Leah best girl.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021

yeah,she was into him because of his ambition,she was always shallow and cold and that pretty much makes her horrible. Even apart from the break up,and the horrible treatment after,patronizing and pretending to have some kind of moral high ground,it was clear that she was a bad influence on him,turning him into an asshole,reinforcing the idea that they are better than anybody else,and if mc won't win it's because people are losers and they chose losers.Obviously it's just a game so i'm not really sitting around thinking how much I hate her,but for the sake of immersion,my mc does.I don't really think she has a single redeemable quality.if she was made to be an antagonist,then she's perfect,much better than Dennis was in DH (and obviously much nicer to look at),but If they want to give her a redemption arc,that's gonna be difficult as hell,cause as you observed,she was like that all the time.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Is not the latest build. It has known bugs that were fixed on 0.4.2 already.
I see. Well, that's quite unfortunate, but I merely compressed what's available on this thread at the moment because someone made a request for it. Guess, we'll have to wait for the fixed release to find its way here then.

Reactions: Tinuss

Garen

May 6, 2017
yeah,she was into him because of his ambition,she was always shallow and cold and that pretty much makes her horrible. Even apart from the break up,and the horrible treatment after,patronizing and pretending to have some kind of moral high ground,it was clear that she was a bad influence on him,turning him into an asshole,reinforcing the idea that they are better than anybody else,and if mc won't win it's because people are losers and they chose losers.Obviously it's just a game so i'm not really sitting around thinking how much I hate her,but for the sake of immersion,my mc does.I don't really think she has a single redeemable quality.if she was made to be an antagonist,then she's perfect,much better than Dennis was in DH (and obviously much nicer to look at),but If they want to give her a redemption arc,that's gonna be difficult as hell,cause as you observed,she was like that all the time.
If you consider shallow people to be horrible people then yeah I guess that's fair.

I considered her horrible because I thought she was close to him but then dropped him simply because he couldn't win the election (assuming he tried his hardest). But we now know she never changed. She behaved exactly as you'd expect and I honestly can't fault her for that so I no longer find her horrible. It'd be like buying a pet dog and then getting angry at it for barking and making a ruckus.
Like someone else said in the thread, she's just a person with a different perspective and simply not a good match as a partner for the MC.

mr.AwesomeGameTaste

Feb 18, 2021
If you consider shallow people to be horrible people then yeah I guess that's fair.

I considered her horrible because I thought she was close to him but then dropped him simply because he couldn't win the election (assuming he tried his hardest). But we now know she never changed. She behaved exactly as you'd expect and I honestly can't fault her for that so I no longer find her horrible. It'd be like buying a pet dog and then getting angry at it for barking and making a ruckus.
Like someone else said in the thread, she's just a person with a different perspective and simply not a good match as a partner for the MC.
Obviously everything depends on the perspective and I get what you're saying,not trying to argue. however I think that simply saying she's different than mc is an excuse for her shitty behavior.if the difference between them was that Emily was more career/ambition driven and mc was not anymore,then It's understandable and both approaches to life are valid. I agree that mc brought a lot of it on himself not understanding what kind of person she really was, and her behavior was to be expected to a degree,it doesn't change the fact the it was shitty. using a bit extreme analogy- If I walk around a crime infested area at night with a golden watch on my wrist and chain on my neck,I am asking for trouble.But it's ultimately the person who would assault me that's to blame and who's trash. that's how i look on this situation.

3.70 star(s) 72 Votes