3.70 star(s) 72 Votes

dots

Aug 3, 2017
Using Comodo as stated in other answer, and you have a valid point. I’ll try with a new download.
I was actually thinking it was strange to find a .zip beside the .exe in the main game folder. Is that meant to be there?
So, for the sake of science (or whatever). Downloaded 2 copies of the game from different sites, compared them, they are identical. Once again cleaned the game saves folder from my user profile, unblocked the game's .exe in Comodo, and unpacked a fresh copy of the game.
Started the game, got the initial screen, and it froze my PC even before trying to go on the internet. Mouse dead, keyboard dead, and the traffic indicator on the Comodo dashboard frozen.

I am done here. Moving on. I positively HATE having to hardware reset my PC.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
So, for the sake of science (or whatever). Downloaded 2 copies of the game from different sites, compared them, they are identical. Once again cleaned the game saves folder from my user profile, unblocked the game's .exe in Comodo, and unpacked a fresh copy of the game.
Started the game, got the initial screen, and it froze my PC even before trying to go on the internet. Mouse dead, keyboard dead, and the traffic indicator on the Comodo dashboard frozen.

I am done here. Moving on. I positively HATE having to hardware reset my PC.
There's a ZIP inside the game folder called "Shale Hill Secrets.zip". Unzip it and replace the requested files. It is an alternate build. You can also send a bug report to support@love-joint.com so we can investigate the crash. Thanks.

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
oookkkkk, second time i make an update and second time i have to start from the beginning, no saved game at all.
What's the problem here ???
I won't start a new game evertime there's an update.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
oookkkkk, second time i make an update and second time i have to start from the beginning, no saved game at all.
What's the problem here ???
I won't start a new game evertime there's an update.
1. did you make save?
2. did you use instructions dev posted some time ago?

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
1. did you make save?
2. did you use instructions dev posted some time ago?
Save made at each Chapter (update)
Didn't see any info from the Dev in the OP.

So i started a new game while skipping like a made man.

But for future reference, because i don't want to restart the at each update, what instructions are we talking about ?

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Thanks for your answer mate.(y)
But sadly, that didn't work for me, i tried the Ep4part2 cheat, but like i said, i had no old save at all, even the saved file location on user/appdata was empty, disappaired like magic.
Like i said, i startes a new game, skipping like a mad man and saving from time to time, i even make a backup of my saves just in case i lose them again in the next update.

Ricky | Love-Joint

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2017
Thanks for your answer mate.(y)
But sadly, that didn't work for me, i tried the Ep4part2 cheat, but like i said, i had no old save at all, even the saved file location on user/appdata was empty, disappaired like magic.
Like i said, i startes a new game, skipping like a mad man and saving from time to time, i even make a backup of my saves just in case i lose them again in the next update.
Hey. This is the first time I hear of an issue like this. When you say your "saves" are disappearing what do you mean exactly? The ones in the Save/Load screen? Keep in mind those are grouped by episode (if you selected episode 4 in the main menu, you won't see previous episodes saves on that screen).

When you finish an episode the game stores your progress automatically, unlocks the next episode available and redirects you to the main menu. So all you need to do is click "New game" in the next episode and move on. If this is not happening and every time you open the game you are stuck in episode 1, this means the game is not being able to write into appdata. The only reason I can imagine is an anti-virus software interfering (but again, I haven't seen this happening so far).

Netgear

Jul 25, 2018
Hey. This is the first time I hear of an issue like this. When you say your "saves" are disappearing what do you mean exactly? The ones in the Save/Load screen? Keep in mind those are grouped by episode (if you selected episode 4 in the main menu, you won't see previous episodes saves on that screen).
Ricky, don't stress with my problem, i found out why.
Silly me, i change pc in November for better than it was before. better...stronger...faster. ;) (those that are old enough will remember)

I did a copie of my saves files from my renpy games, but i forgot thoses that are not renpy game, thus the lost of my Shale Hill Secrets saves files and many other non renpy game.

So it's not the game, it's my own god damn fault, i'm so pissed at my self now for such a stupid mistake, me that used to say everybody to make backup and backup and more backup, a fucking beginner's mistake. :mad:

P.S. i have a lot of catching up to do with all my non renpy game. :cry:

P.P.S. Found my mistake this morning.

Reactions: Ricky | Love-Joint

HogRocket

Engaged Member
Jun 8, 2020
For some reason, after coming off the ending of Double Homework, when this was released the story and girls just didn't appeal to me at all...had no interest in it at all. Fortunately, I hit a dry spell on a lot of my favorite games and saw someone's signature relating to SHS on another thread and decided "what the hell". I'm glad I did. I really like the story, the "sandbox" isn't the horrible, clueless map clicking that yields no results like so many games. The only downside at this point is that it isn't a harem game where I end up living in a mansion with ALL the girls :ROFLMAO: . It's going to be hard to narrow down choices, or more likely I'll have many different paths saved :unsure:

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: Cernunnos. and cxx
3.70 star(s) 72 Votes