3.00 star(s) 30 Votes

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
THought I'd give this another try now that it's complete. What's the difference (at least as far as this game in concerned) between power, obedience, and submission? Anyone done any walkthroughs for each route?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
...What's the difference (at least as far as this game in concerned) between power, obedience, and submission? Anyone done any walkthroughs for each route?
There's no real routes (the opening post is out of date). Just pick a affinity, girlfriend cute pet or with the mod sister and go. You don't really need a walkthough. Do things with Sarah to unlock new things basically, my in-game schedule is posted just above.

Reactions: Ellaraia

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
There's no real routes (the opening post is out of date). Just pick a affinity, girlfriend cute pet or with the mod sister and go. You don't really need a walkthough. Do things with Sarah to unlock new things basically, my in-game schedule is posted just above.
Yea, I noticed it's extremely different than the early version I played. Too bad, that had so much potential. I liked the idea of her personality changing depending on how you treat her.

Reactions: pivan4

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Yea, I noticed it's extremely different than the early version I played. Too bad, that had so much potential. I liked the idea of her personality changing depending on how you treat her.
Great in theory, not in practice. It takes a lot of work to create and comes with a whole load of bugs and most players just pick a route and play that. Therefore there isn't really much change over the course of the game, so it isn't worth it. Maybe it could work well with 2 or 3 'routes', but 7 is far too many.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
Great in theory, not in practice. It takes a lot of work to create and comes with a whole load of bugs and most players just pick a route and play that. Therefore there isn't really much change over the course of the game, so it isn't worth it. Maybe it could work well with 2 or 3 'routes', but 7 is far too many.
Maybe; but the way it is now...there's no evolution. There's nothing unique about it. When I first played it, the girl had a base personality, and, as the title suggested, my actions shaped her and how she reacted. This was interesting. It was unique. It made the game stand out from the hundreds (thousands?) of others here. When I played it later, it seemed like that was a bit more down-played; but the manager of the bakery I worked in seemed to have a sub-plot developing, so at least there was some variation.

Now it's just...wake up, go to work, sit on the couch, talk about some incident from your youth, and after a while unlock a sex scene that just kind of...happens. Nothing you do really has any impact whatsoever. There was so much promise at the start and now it's just...repetitious.

Ellaraia

Game Developer
Feb 13, 2018
Maybe; but the way it is now...there's no evolution. There's nothing unique about it. When I first played it, the girl had a base personality, and, as the title suggested, my actions shaped her and how she reacted. This was interesting. It was unique. It made the game stand out from the hundreds (thousands?) of others here. When I played it later, it seemed like that was a bit more down-played; but the manager of the bakery I worked in seemed to have a sub-plot developing, so at least there was some variation.

Now it's just...wake up, go to work, sit on the couch, talk about some incident from your youth, and after a while unlock a sex scene that just kind of...happens. Nothing you do really has any impact whatsoever. There was so much promise at the start and now it's just...repetitious.
I'd have loved to complete ShF how I had planned. I know that a lot of people disliked the changes but it was something I had to do for my own sanity. The original plan with ShF was suited for a dev team, not a single individual.

privitude

Jun 26, 2017
I'd have loved to complete ShF how I had planned. I know that a lot of people disliked the changes but it was something I had to do for my own sanity. The original plan with ShF was suited for a dev team, not a single individual.
That's fair. I understand it was very ambitious; and for a single dev it was probably overly so. I can't really fault you for recognizing you were in over your head. It's just disappointing, that's all.

LordSanguine

Mar 7, 2019
I see that there is an incest mod. If anyone has played with and without the mod, which makes more sense story wise? Her being your friend or your sister?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I see that there is an incest mod...
The game has two different relationships you can pick, girlfriend and cute pet. The mod adds the third choice of sister. You should be able to change the relationship at anytime not just at the beginning, but with the final version of the game the mod messes that bit up.

There's no real on going story, just bits and pieces of what happened before you had to separate. I've only really played with Sarah as a sister, but it make sense they had to part because of their feelings for each other. Also I remember reading a few posts about how good the sibling dialog was. I would say sister is best (but again only played a tiny bit with anything else).

Reactions: Ellaraia

xeon240

May 13, 2019
I always wanted to "shape" someone...too bad IRL is too much hassle (laws, police, prison, etc.)---I guess I'll stick to rendered girls :devilish:
Like a pet that's the same species but not human, i.e. has no consciousness while retaining suitable intelligence. Probably not....
Well there's always the prospects of advanced A.I. in the future, maybe? Although all that sounds pretty sound and lonely read back... -_-'

NotYourBiznes

Apr 2, 2019
There are six paths: lust, love, protection, neutral (not currently implemented), obedience and submission.
Don't you think this should be edited? There's no such thing in the game, here's the reason why.

The part about 6 paths literally made me play ShF, that's why I think it should be deleted, so other people don't get disappointed and misled like me.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
My original intention for the game was more in-keeping with the name. You were supposed to go down certain paths with each play-through having its own path and content. With the most recent major changes, I went very far from this. The old paths became mostly dialogue changes, with only a small amount of content locked to one affinity or another. Some images are slightly altered depending on your current affinity, but the main difference is in the dialogue. It turned more into choose the nature of your relationship then play, rather than shape the relationship how you want it to go.

The endings are all the same, just with different dialogue. By the time I created it, I just wanted to move on to my next game. My time with ShF had come to and end, but I didn't want to leave it without an ending. It's not how I wanted the game to go and I made many mistakes across the year that I spent on the project. I've learned a lot from ShF and I hope that my new VN is benefitting from that. I think it is.

I'm glad you've enjoyed playing.
Hey. I gave your game a rough review you may remember. I wanted to commend you for wrapping up a tough project and still hanging out here answering peoples questions. Speaks to your character. I hope your future projects are more successful.

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
any other games by this developer? this is a 10/10
incest
anal
no futa :(
but the easy system progress with diffrent stand for each cloth .. covers it(for me atleast)
system progress with explaining for each lvl = 10/10

3.00 star(s) 30 Votes