Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I am curious about Melinda's path, will Blake have to be strictly a sub for her? Also a little surprised no path for Rebecca given how much of an interest she takes in Blake. Not interested in Samuel per se, though what's the interaction with his wife? That sounds much more intriguing as a possibility, I'm guessing I need to be on his path to get to his wife?
The Samuel wife route is Blake becoming Samuel's wife.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
I am curious about Melinda's path, will Blake have to be strictly a sub for her? Also a little surprised no path for Rebecca given how much of an interest she takes in Blake.
Blake/Melinda dynamics will always be tilted towards her authority, but on her true subroute Blake will eventually become sort of her adopted daughter (and inherit her gigantic wealth). As for Rebecca's route, I substituted her for Vanessa, because it felt more interesting. Rebecca's route would overlap with Melinda's route a lot.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Blake/Melinda dynamics will always be tilted towards her authority, but on her true subroute Blake will eventually become sort of her adopted daughter (and inherit her gigantic wealth). As for Rebecca's route, I substituted her for Vanessa, because it felt more interesting. Rebecca's route would overlap with Melinda's route a lot.
I guess the real question with Rebecca is how she will take it if Blake gets Melinda's empire instead of her. I'm assuming that this will be closely tied to the 'Rebecca is changing' subplot, though even if she changes enough to become the nicest girl in the game that's going to be a bitter pill for her to swallow, I'd think.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
I guess the real question with Rebecca is how she will take it if Blake gets Melinda's empire instead of her. I'm assuming that this will be closely tied to the 'Rebecca is changing' subplot, though even if she changes enough to become the nicest girl in the game that's going to be a bitter pill for her to swallow, I'd think.
It’s actually the other way around: in order to become Melinda’s heir, Blake would need to prove that he can take good care of Rebecca. Better than Melinda herself was treating her. So, it’s all up to Blake, and his relationship with Becca. No matter how dumb she is, she always knew that not only she’s not capable of ruling a business empire, but she never wanted to do it in the first place.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It’s actually the other way around: in order to become Melinda’s heir, Blake would need to prove that he can take good care of Rebecca. Better than Melinda herself was treating her. So, it’s all up to Blake, and his relationship with Becca. No matter how dumb she is, she always knew that not only she’s not capable of ruling a business empire, but she never wanted to do it in the first place.
So then Blake has to be changing Rebecca to get it? That makes sense I guess, Melinda has done a pretty poor job of raising Rebecca but it isn't because she doesn't care about her, she's just really not cut out for raising a child. Though Blake herself also has a really long way to go to be able to run anything important; right now she's a nice girl but I'd trust her to run a bath and that's about it, even if she isn't a bimbo.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Overall impression of the game so far, I'm impressed with the premise and different subplots that continue to change based on Blake's decisions. It was a little jarring at first to see Blake attempt to hold on to her former self and whatever level of masculinity that entailed prior to some really heavy traumatic events that take place, after which coincidentally she really seems to accept her new self and reality.

That said I was not prepared for how dark the story got in some places, though considering how it starts, I guess the dystopian setting should have tipped me off it wasn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows. I do see in some cases characters trying to evolve or change in spite of their surroundings and overall sense of despair and loss. I can appreciate that all characters, even the most vapid and one-dimensional ones with seemingly simple agendas can still surprise and show different layers of depth and rare self-awareness in trying to find their motivations for justifying their existence in this most bleak of an alternate reality.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
9 Chapters in and still #TEAM-IRIS, but now I'm really tempted to see what a Melinda true path would look like.

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Anyone have img comparisons btwn compressed and uncompressed. Is the quality worse or lossless?

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Anyone have img comparisons btwn compressed and uncompressed. Is the quality worse or lossless?
It isn't lossless but the difference in quality is practically imperceptible. You can compare the attached images with the fith and sixth one in the OP. If you experience differences in hue or gamma in your image viewer, open them in an image editor converting them to a common color space.

Reactions: taler

taler

Oct 5, 2017
It isn't lossless but the difference in quality is practically imperceptible. You can compare the attached images with the fith and sixth one in the OP. If you experience differences in hue or gamma in your image viewer, open them in an image editor converting them to a common color space.
I can definitely see the difference, for example the tights on the ring pic actually have horizontal lines across instead of blobs of darkness in the compressed shot. Blah, is creating a lossless version very difficult. Even though I'm not likely to feel the compressed image quality is very terrible in real play when not looking for it, now that I know... it'll be hard to get over.

Like the compressed version is excessively tiny. Why not a 10g to 2g lossless version instead of a 600mb version.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Like the compressed version is excessively tiny. Why not a 10g to 2g lossless version instead of a 600mb version.
Because my compressed version is also a base for the Android port, and going over 1 Gb for an Android version is something you should never do.

Reactions: taler

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I can definitely see the difference, for example the tights on the ring pic actually have horizontal lines across instead of blobs of darkness in the compressed shot. Blah, is creating a lossless version very difficult. Even though I'm not likely to feel the compressed image quality is very terrible in real play when not looking for it, now that I know... it'll be hard to get over.

Fascinating. I really can't see it, despite layering both images in GIMP and hiding and showing the webp layer while being zoomed in at two hundred percent. The details on the curtains however…

That being said, I feel most full scene renders are fine as they tend to have a lot of detail in the background for webp to happily sacrifice to the god of compression. And sacrifice it does, seeing as it's very near in size of what cwebp's defaults (which are shitty, at best) compress to. I honestly haven't looked at the character shapes used throughout the game. I'm going to pull the full version and will be getting back to you on that.

Reactions: perles75 and taler

taler

Oct 5, 2017
Because my compressed version is also a base for the Android port, and going over 1 Gb for an Android version is something you should never do.
I only play on Android and always use the 3gig win version for every game anyway. On Android pretty much have unlimited space with SD cards. Using a native Android build is a nightmare and doing it wrong lol.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 64 Votes