RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
But I didn’t change anything. I’m still making the same compressed webp version which was always available. Only now it’s the “main” version.
Hehe my bad then. :LOL:
I don't understand why people complaining so much about the Walkthrough(pdf). It's very helpfull, well written, explains and guides you on everything. I can see that is difficult to use because its huge(especially for android users), but that is because the game itself is huge with several main and secondary paths. Imagine a WT mod how messy would be with all these information. I am not surprised that no one from the great modders here has dared to do it so far
Indeed. You only need to know how to use the search function and and simply read. The Walkthrough is pretty straighforward, when i was redoing Liam's route because of some lost savefiles i used it to quickly reach the same point ingame of my old saves.

Reactions: Gordon_79

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Shattered-0.17
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with both F95Zone and the developer of this game.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, !​

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Dec 7, 2020
I played the game for the first time a few weeks ago, version 0.16, and loved it.

I have some doubts regarding how updating the game is going to work from version 0.17 on:

- How exactly are updates applied? Just copy and paste the 0.17 folder files inside the 0.16 folder, overwriting whatever is needed?

- Once future versions come out, will it be necessary to download all the patches in order, or just the last one? I mean, imagine that when 0.18 is released I still have version 0.16, and have never updated the game to 0.17. If I wanted to update the game from 0.16 to 0.18, would I have to download patch 0.17 AND 0.18 and apply both, or would downloading and applying 0.18 directly suffice?

-------------------

As for the game itself, I haven't played 0.17 yet, but like I said, I really liked version 0.16. I didn't expect so much content, and so many interesting characters and situations. The only thing that bothers me is that some subplots seem to be completely abandoned and never mentioned again, and sometimes it's quite weird:

An example:

The whole Pepper x Bonnie thing in the slums... they were supposed to be in love, but once Pepper escapes the slums she never EVER mentions Bonnie. I get that Pepper is a person who hides her grief and tries to always appear happy to cheer others up, but it still feels like the game just completely forgets about that subplot. The game doesn't even HINT that it affected Pepper in the slightest.

-------------------

And finally a bunch of general questions about characters:

- I liked the character of Reese. Will we ever see her again? Will she ever be an actual love interest? I guess the answer to both questions will be "no", which is a shame.

- What exactly is Bree's status as a love interest? I'm dating Liam AND Bree at the same time, but with other love interests such as Suya it seems that it's impossible to date them if you are with someone else already. Which leads me to think that Bree is NOT a main love interest, more like a "side" romance or something, right? Will she become a "main" romance at some point?

- I guess there's no way, and there won't ever be, a way to date Zoey, right? I just really like Zoey, as a person and physically. By the way, Tanya is such a disgusting asshole with poor Zoey.

- Regarding Blake's gender identity, my Blake fully identifies as a woman, her dialogue lines have been confirming it for a long time, but the codex still claims that she identifies as "genderfluid"... seems a bit weird to me, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
.......Can you show me the error screen?
Well now I can't even get the game to run so i cannot show you the earlier error message .

My current error message that shows when I click in the shattered.exe is as follows.

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/codex/screens.rpy", line 39: u'fit' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the add statement.
    add _m1_screens__character["picture"] fit "contain"
                                             ^

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat Oct 01 15:54:08 2022

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
- How exactly are updates applied? Just copy and paste the 0.17 folder files inside the 0.16 folder, overwriting whatever is needed?

- Once future versions come out, will it be necessary to download all the patches in order, or just the last one? I mean, imagine that when 0.18 is released I still have version 0.16, and have never updated the game to 0.17. If I wanted to update the game from 0.16 to 0.18, would I have to download patch 0.17 AND 0.18 and apply both, or would downloading and applying 0.18 directly suffice?
Yes, all you have to do is to copy the patch into the game folder. And no, future patches don't include any of the previous version contents (otherwise what's even the point in making them if they're gonna be just as big as the game?)

The whole Pepper x Bonnie thing in the slums... they were supposed to be in love, but once Pepper escapes the slums she never EVER mentions Bonnie. I get that Pepper is a person who hides her grief and tries to always appear happy to cheer others up, but it still feels like the game just completely forgets about that subplot. The game doesn't even HINT that it affected Pepper in the slightest.
You will find out more about this specific path later on with Pepper starting her relationship with another person.

And finally a bunch of general questions about characters:

- I liked the character of Reese. Will we ever see her again? Will she ever be an actual love interest? I guess the answer to both questions will be "no", which is a shame.
Reese as an active character is gone from the game. However, you will still keep seeing her in dream sequences, videos, and all that. She will also appear one more time in the ending.

- What exactly is Bree's status as a love interest? I'm dating Liam AND Bree at the same time, but with other love interests such as Suya it seems that it's impossible to date them if you are with someone else already. Which leads me to think that Bree is NOT a main love interest, more like a "side" romance or something, right? Will she become a "main" romance at some point?
Bree is a secondary route, as I state in the walkthrough :)

- I guess there's no way, and there won't ever be, a way to date Zoey, right? I just really like Zoey, as a person and physically. By the way, Tanya is such a disgusting asshole with poor Zoey.
Yes, Zoey is off-limits for Blake. I originally created her as a character who's not attracted to Blake sexually, just because everyone else is. Plus, just like Reese, she's now out of the story.

- Regarding Blake's gender identity, my Blake fully identifies as a woman, her dialogue lines have been confirming it for a long time, but the codex still claims that she identifies as "genderfluid"... seems a bit weird to me, lol.
This codex line is just a placeholder of sorts. Blake's identity depends on many, many factors, and getting them all together is a bit too much for me right now. Blake is a woman on the bimbo route, and on all the others he just doesn't really think about it.
Well now I can't even get the game to run so i cannot show you the earlier error message .

My current error message that shows when I click in the shattered.exe is as follows.
Interesting. I've never seen this error before. Since it points at the codex, could you try to delete the codex folder (Shattered/game/codex) to see if it changes anything?

Reactions: Mistress Elizabeth

Spettet

Nov 9, 2021
Awesome.. Two new releases since I played it last ;).. Good choice to just release the compressed version.

Downloaded 0.16 first as I saw the note about only patches going forward, but didn't find a 0.16-0.17 compressed patch, as 0.17 compressed seemed to be self-container.. Not huge so no big issue though.. As long as you keep below the 4 GB mega limit ;)

Thanks for the updates :)

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Yes, I have uploaded the hotfix. It's in my Mega folder.
Sorry to bug you again but shouldn't line 16485 in 17.rpy be "samuelmarriage" and not "samuelmarried"
and I'm not sure about line 21701 "...and not deliverancestreet5day" as deliverancestreet5day appears to be a scene and not a variable.

crugh2112

Oct 9, 2017
YedaGames I had the same problem and deleting the Codex folder cleared up the problem of starting the game. Now most of my recent saves do not work. I was trying to run 6 different saves but I am sure that I have goofed up many things trying to follow paths. I went back to some 2021 saves and they work fine. The game is probably trying to tell me that I have no idea what I am doing. I decided I was not going to use the guide and run my own choices. I have said it before, it is time to just start over. Thanks again for this wonderful story.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
I will try to look into those bugs the first chance I get, but I’m currently in the process of moving, and my computer is already packed up. I don’t know when I’ll be able to turn it on again (or if it will even survive the trip). But thank you for the feedback.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
I will try to look into those bugs the first chance I get, but I’m currently in the process of moving, and my computer is already packed up. I don’t know when I’ll be able to turn it on again (or if it will even survive the trip). But thank you for the feedback.
All good. Moving is stressful enough, Don't worry about this until you're settled and good luck with the shift.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
.......Interesting. I've never seen this error before. Since it points at the codex, could you try to delete the codex folder (Shattered/game/codex) to see if it changes anything?
Well, that worked! I deleted the codex folder as you asked,
It let me start the game and it let me load my old saves.
I guess the codex folder is like an appendix and can be cut away!

EscapeEvade

Nov 23, 2017
I wonder how long this game is if you just hold down CTRL the whole time to skip dialog. I really, really don't want to restart this to get other paths with how long this game is now. Damn do I wish there was a scene gallery.

I even looked at the save games in an Ren'Py save editor, but nothing jumps out as something easily modifiable to see scenes in update-by-update bites (since I save so regularly).

repesorsa

Sep 14, 2021
Getting a lot of errors in 0.17. suaylove melcaged samuelmarried are pretty obvious to fix to suyalove melindacaged and samuelmarriage. The deliverancestreet5day as variable that was mentioned earlier I have no clue about. suyaroute I assume is meant to be suyalove?

FrayTomás

Mar 17, 2019
I tried for the first time the Liam´s route (without guides) but at the end Blake seems Samuel´s girlfriend, which sometimes pass time with Liam. Is this the normal way?

Edit.: The only thing that I choose to do with Samuel was going to the museum.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 64 Votes