Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Has anyone gotten this working on Linux/SteamOS? I'd love to play this on my Steam Deck, but I can't seem to get it up and running.
I play on Linux, but "getting it working"? I just download the Linux build and run it. No idea about SteamOS, you'll want to search for "SteamOS Renpy" or something like that. If it gives an error message or log that would be a start though.

Soraiya

Feb 26, 2022
Has anyone gotten this working on Linux/SteamOS? I'd love to play this on my Steam Deck, but I can't seem to get it up and running.
Are you trying to run the .sh file, (i.e. Shattered.sh)? If so, it should start right up, (works for all renpy games on Linux - presume it should work in desktop mode on SteamOS since I think that's pretty much just a non-rolling version of Arch). Much easier than trying to mess with the .exe.

Apr 4, 2019
I cant seem to get on a route or favor with quinn any hints on what choices I should focus on?
Well, its not a formal route, but you can make her love you.
You neednt to go with Iris (as far as I know), and dont be on any true routes or committed to sam or Melinda, and do what she (Quinn) says. There are like three specific instances where you need a scene with her, and then, when you clean her room, you read a note saying that she loves you.
But what exactly you need to do, because it is so specific, I recommend the walkthrough. I know its long, but its structured nicely so you will find it fast. (Act 12 Scene 9 is the first important one)

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Does anyone have Eduardo and Blake's saves on the table? And where Blake in captivity began
What scene you want to get with Eduardo and what route you want to follow when Blake goes to the slums (assuming, this is what you mean)?
I finished the current version but blake didnt get boob surgery how he gets boobs
There's no way for Blake to get breasts for now.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Oh, and by the way, I just released the last demo — which is the third — of v0.18 for my patrons, which means that the public version will be available later this month. Not sure exactly when, though, as I will rework the codex and re-compress every single picture in the webp versions (which will bump their size up to about 2.5 Gb, but the quality will be significantly better).

And here's a picture for you.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Oh, and by the way, I just released the last demo — which is the third — of v0.18 for my patrons, which means that the public version will be available later this month. Not sure exactly when, though, as I will rework the codex and re-compress every single picture in the webp versions (which will bump their size up to about 2.5 Gb, but the quality will be significantly better).

And here's a picture for you.
You found a better tool for compressing the images? That's great, it didn't make any sense that they look as bad as they do at that file size before.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
You found a better tool for compressing the images? That's great, it didn't make any sense that they look as bad as they do at that file size before.
Those webp converters are a weird bunch. You often could get absolute ass of a quality at 90% and barely any compression at 95%, so the perfect balance is somewhere between those two numbers, and the rest of the quality scale is essentially useless.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Those webp converters are a weird bunch. You often could get absolute ass of a quality at 90% and barely any compression at 95%, so the perfect balance is somewhere between those two numbers, and the rest of the quality scale is essentially useless.
That's not a good encoder then. I get 10% of the file size at 90% quality and can't tell the difference between the compressed and original files. And at 95% the files are still only 15% of the size of the original, which is still really small. Maybe I just have really bad eyes, do you see much difference in quality between these three?

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
That's not a good encoder then. I get 10% of the file size at 90% quality and can't tell the difference between the compressed and original files. And at 95% the files are still only 15% of the size of the original, which is still really small. Maybe I just have really bad eyes, do you see much difference in quality between these three?
I tried several converters with the same result. You have to remember that my original images are on 1920x1080, but not everyone plays in this specific resolution, and RenPy's resizing is pretty questionable to say the least (that's not directly related, but they also have some issues with the colours, as my original pictures appear kinda desaturated in-game), which makes the artifacts much more noticeable.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Found out about this one through accidental mention in another game's thread. Think it took me like, ~2 weeks to get through the whole thing (playing Iris route, but i keep text editor with game script open and check all other branches as i go, to see the "what ifs") It's honestly surprising and/or sad this game isn't more popular, given the sheer size, route variations, update frequency *and* how much the developer actually bothers to participate here.

Ran into couple errors in 0.17:

* variable fourthdayclub is only set to True if Blake is presented with choice of activities. It'll remain False if Blake goes to the regular club automatically. Might want to move
$ fourthdayclub = True
(line 27353 in compressed version)
after
label week17fourthscenegototheclub:
(line 27357 in compressed version) in order to fix it.

* discussing visit to the "Black Whip" with Vanessa
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
only happens if melindacaged is True which doesn't make much sense. Might want to move this out of the conditional and right before "We talked a bit more, then Vanessa left." (19505 in compressed version)

Last edited:

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Is there a Melinda & Blake straight sex? I mean the normal , vanilla
No, but it will happen on the true subroute.
* variable fourthdayclub is only set to True if Blake is presented with choice of activities. It'll remain False if Blake goes to the regular club automatically. Might want to move
$ fourthdayclub = True
Thank you, I'll look into it.

Reactions: firevoodoo

kvmjohan2020

Jan 1, 2021
Then the walkthrough is misleading then, even Bree, they haven't had sex, I don't think its called sex at all there is no intercourse , it should be sissification, and dildo play
You can have straight sex with Bree on her route, at the party if I remember correctly.

Dec 4, 2022
Don't know about you, but this sure looks like sex to me:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Haven't triggered that in the game, I don't know why, I tried looking at the CG either, my bad if I fail to notice but anyway, I lost interest in her , that's the reason. Her route pissed me off that much. Melinda and Rebecca that's understandable, but Bree ? I thought she will be like Iris or Lucia

Reactions: Kame-Sennin
4.30 star(s) 64 Votes