FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
A small update from Patreon: we had a pretty close poll last week, but the result is conclusive: Suya gets her own route. So, congratulations everyone who likes her. However, her route is going to be a main one, so it's not compatible with any other main route.
Awesome! Suya is my favourite character in this game so I'm really pleased with that. Guess I'll have to replay it from the start then?

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Good thing i already have a save where Blake and Suya had sex twice. :p
Just having them fucking each other won’t suffice, your Blake has to be free from any other main route. Which is why I’m going to slightly change the early stages of the game, so you wouldn’t end up with Melinda so easily. There’s somewhat of a bottleneck there, and I’m planning to fix that. I also started remaking some of the early renders, which look like shit, but I don’t have originals for a lot of them, so it might not end up in v0.10 release, but I’ll try.
I already had a save ready for Suya and Blake.

They were too awesome together to not see those scenes.

Seeing Suya sad was heartbreaking though.
Well, depending on your previous actions you might see Suya sad again in v0.10, but it will only bring her and Blake closer together. Bad things tend to happen to good people a little too often.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Just having them fucking each other won’t suffice, your Blake has to be free from any other main route. Which is why I’m going to slightly change the early stages of the game, so you wouldn’t end up with Melinda so easily. There’s somewhat of a bottleneck there, and I’m planning to fix that. I also started remaking some of the early renders, which look like shit, but I don’t have originals for a lot of them, so it might not end up in v0.10 release, but I’ll try.
Hmm, so it will be required a new playthrough? In this savefile Blake had sex with Bree but since he broke up with her later i thought it would be possible to use it for a future Suya's route. No problems if it is not possible. :cool:
Well, depending on your previous actions you might see Suya sad again in v0.10, but it will only bring her and Blake closer together. Bad things tend to happen to good people a little too often.
You evil Yeda, making Suya suffer. :p :p

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Hmm, so it will be required a new playthrough? In this savefile Blake had sex with Bree but since he broke up with her later i thought it would be possible to use it for a future Suya's route. No problems if it is not possible. :cool:
Bree’s route is secondary, so chances are you’ll be able to combine these two (but miss on some content on each). Also, Blake didn’t exactly break up with her, it’s just a pause for her to cool down a little. You’ll see her again in the next update. Also, as of now there’s no way to leave Melinda, Samuel, Iris and Bree, but it will change eventually. For all except Melinda. She will never let Blake go.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

FormerlyknownasOlheden

Donor
May 20, 2020
Bree’s route is secondary, so chances are you’ll be able to combine these two (but miss on some content on each). Also, Blake didn’t exactly break up with her, it’s just a pause for her to cool down a little. You’ll see her again in the next update. Also, as of now there’s no way to leave Melinda, Samuel, Iris and Bree, but it will change eventually. For all except Melinda. She will never let Blake go.
I might be alright for Suyas route then, never comitted to anyone except sort of Bree and it sounds like that would be acceptable. I might replay anyway, curious about the Liam route.

Reactions: RC-1138 Boss

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I think my Suya scenes were done on Bree's route.

I know I didn't cheat on the green goddess, Melinda or Iris. Liam's route I think I only had scenes with crazy nurse.

I think I started something with Suya to get over how weird Bree's scenes made me feel. I know that's their intent and honestly it's great writing but that doesn't make them any less disturbing.

I just didn't know how to feel after the whole crying masturbation. I've never left a sex scene feeling that uncomfortable before and it was great. Totally fit her character but I needed Blake to have some affection and who better than his roomie.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
I will likely diverge the save to check both routes later. :cool:
About Bree, i know but that was kinda of Blake's wakeup call for Bree to stop her self destructive pattern of relieving the abuse she suffered.

Yeah. After the quack brainwash doctor, I have the feeling Melinda wants Blake to be her legacy since Rebecca is pretty much a idiot.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
I might be alright for Suyas route then, never comitted to anyone except sort of Bree and it sounds like that would be acceptable. I might replay anyway, curious about the Liam route.
Liam's route is for those who don't want to see Blake change too much, and also enjoy pure romance (as long as you don't push Liam away from yourself). Their first scene in v0.10 is very sweet, as Blake spends an entire day (and night) at Liam's flat.
I think I started something with Suya to get over how weird Bree's scenes made me feel. I know that's their intent and honestly it's great writing but that doesn't make them any less disturbing.

I just didn't know how to feel after the whole crying masturbation. I've never left a sex scene feeling that uncomfortable before and it was great. Totally fit her character but I needed Blake to have some affection and who better than his roomie.
Bree is an auxiliary character in more ways than one. An illustration to how people appearing level-headed and reserved might hide terrible demons inside themselves. Honestly, I feel like I'm going to end her route eventually, substituting with someone else, because Blake simply can't do much for her. Maybe she's even going to kill herself off-screen eventually. Or maybe not. I'm not sure yet. Her fate is as unclear as one can be for now. But more scenes with her incoming.
Yeah. After the quack brainwash doctor, I have the feeling Melinda wants Blake to be her legacy since Rebecca is pretty much a idiot.
Rebecca isn't really an idiot, she simply never cared about Melinda's plans for her, and they just gave up on each other at some point. There's gonna be a small dialogue sequence in v0.10 (if you managed to change Rebecca's mind previously), and you might even try to bring these two a little closer. However, I'm starting to figuring out what future I plan for Rebecca, and one thing is sure: you won't expect that.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Bree is an auxiliary character in more ways than one. An illustration to how people appearing level-headed and reserved might hide terrible demons inside themselves. Honestly, I feel like I'm going to end her route eventually, substituting with someone else, because Blake simply can't do much for her. Maybe she's even going to kill herself off-screen eventually. Or maybe not. I'm not sure yet. Her fate is as unclear as one can be for now. But more scenes with her incoming.
I did wonder where you would go with her character.

While plenty of characters in Shattered are damaged in some way, Bree is broken at her core. It doesn't seem, to me at least, like there is any fixing her or her living any sort of normalish life even in this setting.

Like I said though, I think her character has been amazingly well done. She has so many layers to her for her screen time that while it would be a shame for her to go out off screen, I don't actually know what could be done with her on screen.

Everything she went through has taken something and there is no getting those back. If Blake stays with her it's only a matter of time before she hurts him physically and/or mentally, pain seems to be all she knows now.

She's so broken but so vulnerable at the same time and I did have a tiny ember of hope that she'd come out of this in a better place. She's not to blame for how she is but she's going to pay the ultimate price for her dads sickness. Sure it's a shame, she's an incredibly complex character with plenty of reasons to like her and feel sympathetic but sometimes that's not enough and some things that are broken can't be fixed.

Still, regardless of what her fate may be, i'll always maintain you did an amazing job with her character.

Reactions: YedaGames

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
I did wonder where you would go with her character.
I guess, I have to admit that Bree’s character is inspired by myself in a lot of ways. Maybe that’s why she feels slightly more realistic than the others. From the day she was introduced and up until now I never knew exactly how much I’d like to self-insert here, and I still don’t know the answer. But Bree’s sorta living on her own now, without my personality pouring into her, and I think this is for the best.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I feel most things can be fixed, but it seems likely that Blake isn't the kind of person to be able to do that, which is a shame. In her case it would probably require taking near complete control of her life for an extended period, and Blake isn't even close to being in a position to do that.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Rebecca isn't really an idiot, she simply never cared about Melinda's plans for her, and they just gave up on each other at some point. There's gonna be a small dialogue sequence in v0.10 (if you managed to change Rebecca's mind previously), and you might even try to bring these two a little closer. However, I'm starting to figuring out what future I plan for Rebecca, and one thing is sure: you won't expect that.
I don't mean in the sense of lack of intelligence but on the fact she spends her days in vain by just partying hard and drinking and doing drugs harder. To the point she is unable to form any sort of meaningful connection with most people around her. Still it will be interesting to see some changes in her in the future.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
I don't mean in the sense of lack of intelligence but on the fact she spends her days in vain by just partying hard and drinking and doing drugs harder. To the point she is unable to form any sort of meaningful connection with most people around her. Still it will be interesting to see some changes in her in the future.
Arguably, there is no innate "purpose" to living other than the one you find yourself for it; and also arguably, in the reference frame of the Johnny Bravo set of values she's making excellent use of her time. That is not to say other people might value her choices particularly highly, but there are no universally "better" choices. Not that I'd particularly approve of her choices either if I were to judge them - I do recognize however that most people would deem my choices "poor" too, same as I would think they are making really poor ones as well if only I wouldn't be aware that what works for me does not work for them and vice-versa. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" is exactly the kind of bullcrap the road to hell is paved with, next to all the other "good intentions".

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
When their entire society is in the process of being torn down by sinister forces and she doesn't even seem to notice, let alone try to help her mother stop it, instead just partying like there's nothing wrong, I'd call that a sign of lack of intelligence. In fact that's pretty much a textbook example of the original definition of 'idiot'.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
When their entire society is in the process of being torn down by sinister forces and she doesn't even seem to notice, let alone try to help her mother stop it, instead just partying like there's nothing wrong, I'd call that a sign of lack of intelligence. In fact that's pretty much a textbook example of the original definition of 'idiot'.
I slightly disagree with the lack of intelligence part but fully agree with the idiot part.

She's young, I had a similar sort of mentality in my late teens, early 20's. In fact it wasn't until I met my girl and settled down that I saw things ... properly?

Basically, the worlds problems are for other people to deal with, that's what adults in positions of power are for. That's how it worked for me and I see that's how she might feel too. My sister calls people like that a NIMBY, not in my back yard. Basically someone that only bothers to do something when it affects them personally but won't bother otherwise.

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Never thought I'd defend Rebecca, but I think you folks are being a little too harsh on her.
Think about it: maybe the reason why she acts like this isn't her lack of self-awareness, but the direct opposite? Her stepmother is a cold and strategic mistress, her stepfather disappeared long time ago, and she never knew her biological parents. She's living surrounded by servants, and the only somewhat equal person to her mother is a hedonistic dickhead (who, despite everything, genuinely loves Rebecca as a person). The world is going to shit, and there's not much time left to enjoy life. It's not in Rebecca's power to change anything, so she just tries to suppress the horror of realisation with parties, sex, drugs, and all that stuff. Because when she turns her brains on, she realises her own loneliness and indirection, which even she can't take.
And then there's Blake, who just appears out of nowhere and seemingly easily takes the «favourite daughter» status away from her, befriends pretty much every important person in Rebecca's life, and doesn't break under her pressure. Would you want to buy yourself a doll, and then later find out that said doll stole your life? That's almost a psychological horror.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Never thought I'd defend Rebecca, but I think you folks are being a little too harsh on her.
Think about it: maybe the reason why she acts like this isn't her lack of self-awareness, but the direct opposite? Her stepmother is a cold and strategic mistress, her stepfather disappeared long time ago, and she never knew her biological parents. She's living surrounded by servants, and the only somewhat equal person to her mother is a hedonistic dickhead (who, despite everything, genuinely loves Rebecca as a person). The world is going to shit, and there's not much time left to enjoy life. It's not in Rebecca's power to change anything, so she just tries to suppress the horror of realisation with parties, sex, drugs, and all that stuff. Because when she turns her brains on, she realises her own loneliness and indirection, which even she can't take.
And then there's Blake, who just appears out of nowhere and seemingly easily takes the «favourite daughter» status away from her, befriends pretty much every important person in Rebecca's life, and doesn't break under her pressure. Would you want to buy yourself a doll, and then later find out that said doll stole your life? That's almost a psychological horror.
Her mother is one of the most powerful people in the world. If she had shown any interest in her business it would be in her power to change things. She's powerless because she's so shiftless.
It's the same with her relationships; people don't really like her because of how she behaves, Melinda didn't have any respect for her before Blake came along, and it wasn't Blake's fault that she either chose or treated her friends so poorly that only one of them bothered visiting her when she was in hospital.

4.30 star(s) 64 Votes