Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Fair enough. Perhaps I got it mixed up with another description. It does say you can decide how you deal with it. So regardless that's how I would have liked to have been able to choose to deal with it.
That's the point we were making, you scored it based on your wants not what the game is.

This isn't your story, it's Blakes.

As

it turns out it was in one of the reviews I read.. where I got the idea.
Review is accurate, you can be rebellious, that's how you get on some of the routes. You just can't rebel against the changes nor the person in charge of you.

Some of the love interests require you to be more dominant, some require more submission. You need to push back a little bit to get on Iris and Liam's routes. Only Melinda and Samuel's routes require you to submit completely.

Being rebellious does not equate to a revenge route though, just means you don't act like a complete butt slut regardless how much he loves anal.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
That's the point we were making, you scored it based on your wants not what the game is.

This isn't your story, it's Blakes.
Reviews based on expectations is REVIEWING.

1. examine or assess (something) formally with the possibility or intention of instituting change if necessary.
    "the company's safety procedures are being reviewed"
    • LAW
      submit (a sentence, case, etc.) for reconsideration by a higher court or authority.
      "the Attorney General asked the court to review the sentence"
    • survey or evaluate (a subject or past events).
      "in the next chapter we review a number of recent empirical studies"
  2. 2.
    write a critical appraisal of (a book, play, movie, etc.) for publication in a newspaper or magazine.

You compare what you were expecting and base it against what you got. Doesn't matter if it is Blake's story. I'm reviewing Blake's story based on my expectations. Not yours. You reveiw Blakes story based on your expectations not mine.
You know there is a 1 star review in there? Is that person wrong because it's blakes story? Doesn't it matter how he viewed the story based on his expectations? Clearly he expected a less boring story for Blake, he expected Blake to have better renders. He expected Blake not to put him to sleep. But he's wrong because it's Blake's story not his?

I rated the game as someone who is outside of the general fanbase of this game style and kinks.
My reveiws message was for other people who are outside the normal audience or whom aren't into that specific kink but into some of the other kinks and the message was "This still isn't probably for you but hey try it out anyways."

But drop the notion that you can't have expectations that aren't a part of the game. That's silly.

I already admitted I was wrong and apologized to the Dev, I went out of my comfort zone to try something I wouldn't normally try and then i was honest about what went wrong for me. I never once disregarded the opinions of others (although that's exactly what I got) even on my initial review as wrong as it may have been I still acknowledged, accepted and pointed out all of the positive feed back. I wanted people to still try it and still give it a chance , I willingly admitted my faults and was deleted for it.

So as far as I can tell the only thing I did wrong was admit that the kink played a role in my dissatisfaction without pointing out some other things that were bothering me. Won't do that again. I'm guilty of being honest. Well I'd rather be hated and honest than liked and a liar.

Ciaran8023

Jun 4, 2018
I wasn't sure what to expect when I downloaded it, but I am not sure I was ever expecting a game exploring the intricacies of insecurities and the psychological impact of a messed up childhood and the consequences of such.

I haven't finished it, but I'm genuinely impressed and I genuinely enjoy every bit of it. Even though some things might hit a bit too close to home.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Some of the love interests require you to be more dominant, some require more submission. You need to push back a little bit to get on Iris and Liam's routes. Only Melinda and Samuel's routes require you to submit completely.
Really? I'm sure I remember Yeda saying something about how Melinda likes Blake better when he's dominant because one of the things she might want out of him is a successor.
Being rebellious does not equate to a revenge route though, just means you don't act like a complete butt slut regardless how much he loves anal.
It's not entirely clear just how much Blake's butt-sluttery is linked to his dominance. In some instances it seems like his dominance is related to pitching, but in others it seems to be disconnected. I know I wouldn't mind some domme Blake butt-slutting.

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Really? I'm sure I remember Yeda saying something about how Melinda likes Blake better when he's dominant because one of the things she might want out of him is a successor.
I do remember (at least i hope :p ) Blake wondering about Melinda's intentions for him and going around the idea of being a legacy or some sort of proxy for her.
But i don't remember anything along the lines of Melinda liking a more dominant Blake.

Sep 15, 2017
You have to submit to Melinda to start her route.
I do remember (at least i hope :p ) Blake wondering about Melinda's intentions for him and going around the idea of being a legacy or some sort of proxy for her.
But i don't remember anything along the lines of Melinda liking a more dominant Blake.
Page 33 of the Walkthrough

"If Blake is on Melinda route, he gets a sex scene in her dungeon. If Blake is also COMMITTED to her, he gets another one later on. If he has 8 or more DOM points, has been abandoned by Rebecca, and didn't have sex with her in the sauna, he gets locked on Melinda's TRUE route."

Avaron, I think you're confusing submission with the choice Blake gets at the top of Page 14 of the Walkthrough to commit to her or not. Master of Puppets is correct that you need Dom points to get on Melinda's true route. If you want the real romance with Melinda, you might need to go back and start a new playthrough.

Reactions: Kripke

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Melinda's route depends on several factors, including the dominance. And while it's true that you need dom points to get on her true route, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to develop intimate relationship with her otherwise. The difference between true and non-true routes here are mostly about Melinda's expectations towards Blake, and there are other things to keep in mind. For example, if your Blake is a bimbo, high dominance will only annoy Melinda, because she's essentially getting Rebecca 2.0 in Blake, and she wants no parts of it.

Wooloomooloo

Apr 8, 2018
Melinda's route depends on several factors, including the dominance. And while it's true that you need dom points to get on her true route, that doesn't mean that you won't be able to develop intimate relationship with her otherwise. The difference between true and non-true routes here are mostly about Melinda's expectations towards Blake, and there are other things to keep in mind. For example, if your Blake is a bimbo, high dominance will only annoy Melinda, because she's essentially getting Rebecca 2.0 in Blake, and she wants no parts of it.
YedaGames on a bit of a tangent: although there seems to be a deluge of visual novels these days, even among the less ubiquitous non-sandbox ones it is uncommon to see anything beyond some fairly simple branching; which is why I find the head-spinning complexity of Shattered's intertwined routes (bared for all to see in the walkthrough) absolutely fascinating. As a most humble request, if you ever find the extra time, would you consider writing a few paragraphs at some point on how does one even go about planning / keeping track of / implementing such an intricate tapestry of parallel threads, where the reactions of everyone constantly seem to depend... well if not on everything else, certainly on a substantial number of factors...? I completely understand of course if you feel entirely disinclined to ever do something like that...

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
For example, if your Blake is a bimbo, high dominance will only annoy Melinda, because she's essentially getting Rebecca 2.0 in Blake, and she wants no parts of it.
That is probably the most succinct and accurate description of Rebecca. :LOL:

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
YedaGames on a bit of a tangent: although there seems to be a deluge of visual novels these days, even among the less ubiquitous non-sandbox ones it is uncommon to see anything beyond some fairly simple branching; which is why I find the head-spinning complexity of Shattered's intertwined routes (bared for all to see in the walkthrough) absolutely fascinating. As a most humble request, if you ever find the extra time, would you consider writing a few paragraphs at some point on how does one even go about planning / keeping track of / implementing such an intricate tapestry of parallel threads, where the reactions of everyone constantly seem to depend... well if not on everything else, certainly on a substantial number of factors...? I completely understand of course if you feel entirely disinclined to ever do something like that...
That's a very good question, which I'm not sure if I'm able to answer properly. But I'll try! I think I should just talk a little about the behind the scenes stuff, because that's the best way to understand how I'm writing my stuff.

Edit: I put the post under a spoiler because it's sorta long.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

YedaGames

Dec 27, 2019
Someone told me that my game has a little too many pretty girls, because Blake can't even fuck most of them, and I'll shamelessly use this opportunity to remind you that we have a lot of polls on Patreon, and you often get to choose Blake's possible sexual partners in them :)

fzaner

Dec 27, 2016
ha.. of my taste, i don't think there's a girl prettier than blake in this game. taeng with more of boobs may rock them all though

4.30 star(s) 64 Votes