smikey

May 1, 2017
Did another skim through of latest update, why is Frank wearing sandals while at home? not house shoes or slippers, leather sandals. They're visible in the scenes of watching the movie with Lilith through to the return to the couch. The sandals change pattern and material once when he gets into the bathroom, actually.

He puts them back on before eating lunch with Lily!

I hope someone got fired for that blunder.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Did another skim through of latest update, why is Frank wearing sandals while at home? not house shoes or slippers, leather sandals. They're visible in the scenes of watching the movie with Lilith through to the return to the couch. The sandals change pattern and material once when he gets into the bathroom, actually.

He puts them back on before eating lunch with Lily!

I hope someone got fired for that blunder.
This is one of those things that completely flew over my head.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Such a great story. This is very well made and I love all the characters... except Shannon. Speculation time: Someone called Frank to tell him to come home the day Shannon was cheating on him. That someone was Becca, right? She may not have known who it was, but she knew it has happening. It helped her progress her plan.

Last edited:

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Some here, including myself are assuming it strongly:
It must have been someone who knows well the inner workings of the family.
The people who know the most about it should be Abby, Lili and Becca (besides Frank and Shannon).
Abby would have called Frank directly, Lili probably would not have called Frank directly but would have reacted to her biological father first. Since she was still working at the time and was very upset when Frank told her who her mother was having an affair with, it's likely that she didn't know either. That leaves only Becca, who I would have no problem trusting to contact Frank in this clandestine way. It would be a wild plot twist if Becca's and Lili's father had made the call (he could have found the number in Shannon's cell phone) to rub Frank's nose in it. Would also explain why Shannon was rather startled to see Frank (because she didn't know Frank would show up) while her ex-husband was rather calm and callous. But well, could just be that the guy is a massive ass.

I think we will find out the whole truth about that day only very late in the main storyline or else in Becca's subplot. I also think that this subplot will be the last one for dramatic reasons: So we will learn only very late about the whole extent of her plans and how far she manipulated events.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Such a great story. This is very well made and I love all the characters... except Shannon. Speculation time: Someone called Frank to tell him to come home the day Shannon was cheating on him. That someone was Becca, right? She may not have known who it was, but she knew it has happening. It helped her progress her plan.
Some here, including myself are assuming it strongly:
It must have been someone who knows well the inner workings of the family.
The people who know the most about it should be Abby, Lili and Becca (besides Frank and Shannon).
Abby would have called Frank directly, Lili probably would not have called Frank directly but would have reacted to her biological father first. Since she was still working at the time and was very upset when Frank told her who her mother was having an affair with, it's likely that she didn't know either. That leaves only Becca, who I would have no problem trusting to contact Frank in this clandestine way. It would be a wild plot twist if Becca's and Lili's father had made the call (he could have found the number in Shannon's cell phone) to rub Frank's nose in it. Would also explain why Shannon was rather startled to see Frank (because she didn't know Frank would show up) while her ex-husband was rather calm and callous. But well, could just be that the guy is a massive ass.

I think we will find out the whole truth about that day only very late in the main storyline or else in Becca's subplot. I also think that this subplot will be the last one for dramatic reasons: So we will learn only very late about the whole extent of her plans and how far she manipulated events.
I did not really want to put this out there being how far fetch but there is 1 other that could have done it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: BirdBarclay

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Quite appropriate. Especially since she is the real protagonist in this point of view and Frank is the stubborn LI.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
I really want to see how Abby will react if she wants to see her biological father and how Frank will react to see him for the first time, the man who abused MC's love of life and abandoned her and Abby. I hope we can kick his ass.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I really want to see how Abby will react if she wants to see her biological father and how Frank will react to see him for the first time, the man who abused MC's love of life and abandoned her and Abby. I hope we can kick his ass.
I mean he never "abused" her if I remember correctly. Just after she told him she was pregnant he was a dick and abandoned her.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
If I remember correctly, Abby's father had said that Jessica had something at a party with several guys at the same time and any one of them could be the father.

My guess: One of Abby's paternal grandparents died. These grandparents never bought into their son's thing with Jessica and felt bad for her. As a result, they disinherited their son-man and probably hired someone to track down Jessica and her child. He, in turn, found out that Frank was taking care of Jessica and the child. Glad that the mess their son made didn't ruin anyone's life, the grandparents left it up to Jessica's death. They may have continued to keep tabs on Frank and Abby after Frank married Shannon, possibly doing research on Shannon since they still felt responsible for their granddaughter, and then found out about Shannon and Jessica's past in the process. The private investigator hired then kept tabs on Shannon and found out about Shannon's affair and called Frank.

Abby's father, meanwhile, hopes that if he has contact with his daughter, he can then gain influence over the inheritance to some degree. Abby will probably tell him to go to hell.

Reactions: D Dog and pgm_01

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
If I remember correctly, Abby's father had said that Jessica had something at a party with several guys at the same time and any one of them could be the father.

My guess: One of Abby's paternal grandparents died. These grandparents never bought into their son's thing with Jessica and felt bad for her. As a result, they disinherited their son-man and probably hired someone to track down Jessica and her child. He, in turn, found out that Frank was taking care of Jessica and the child. Glad that the mess their son made didn't ruin anyone's life, the grandparents left it up to Jessica's death. They may have continued to keep tabs on Frank and Abby after Frank married Shannon, possibly doing research on Shannon since they still felt responsible for their granddaughter, and then found out about Shannon and Jessica's past in the process. The private investigator hired then kept tabs on Shannon and found out about Shannon's affair and called Frank.

Abby's father, meanwhile, hopes that if he has contact with his daughter, he can then gain influence over the inheritance to some degree. Abby will probably tell him to go to hell.
First. It was one of his friends that said that about "doing" Jessica.
About your theory, I think it could be possible, except for that part when they call to Frank. That's the stretch.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes