kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
I gotta be honest and say that I'm always sort of ambivalent when it comes to devs redoing stuff. It does, indeed, make sense to redo the stuff you're not satisfied with for a "finished release". And he's right, the first release or two were rough, but it quickly got better thereafter. However, as someone who just wants the story to continue, having to wait even longer for new content, while he is essentially just duplicating stuff, is somewhat disappointing. But yeah, I get it.
Polishing does 2 things from a Dev perspective really. Releases can take so long that the start and end of Chapters may look vastly different to the point there's a risk new players might be put off by the "shit renders". There's also a shift lately it seems where games are being released on Steam once an obvious end point is reached (Being a DIK, College Kings, Love of Magic, Echoes of Lust etc. ), so it wouldn't surprise me if the Dev has one eye on that.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I gotta be honest and say that I'm always sort of ambivalent when it comes to devs redoing stuff. It does, indeed, make sense to redo the stuff you're not satisfied with for a "finished release". And he's right, the first release or two were rough, but it quickly got better thereafter. However, as someone who just wants the story to continue, having to wait even longer for new content, while he is essentially just duplicating stuff, is somewhat disappointing. But yeah, I get it.
The way I take it, the polish will be a pretty quick re-release since it doesn't have to be a "ground up" project, and the "Chapter 2" story line, characters and what not are well enough developed that it should also come out more quickly than a standard update. Things may not come out quite as fast as you'd hope, but I suspect the release horizon for getting both "Chapter 1 Remastered" and "Chapter 2" will be no more than 1.5x a standard update cycle, maybe a little less.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Still a big kick in the nuts to know that the next update is just a revamp of old chapters and we won't get that until October. So we won't be seeing any new content until next year. I'm about a billion miles away from being happy about this, I just feel deflated.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Still a big kick in the nuts to know that the next update is just a revamp of old chapters and we won't get that until October. So we won't be seeing any new content until next year. I'm about a billion miles away from being happy about this, I just feel deflated.
Yup! Fully agree. But that's what we accept when we follow a game in development. I think that overall this is a solid game, and if i have to wait an extra month or two while the dev cleans things up, so be it.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I was introduced to this game on PH (well, the whole genre of these types of games) by someone that had recorded and posted their gameplay, so I had an idea of the things that happened. I think their initial play was recorded more than a year ago. With that as preamble, when I played, I did a branch at "sleep in the bed" after the first "date" and "sleep downstairs". I played the downstairs, currently in the midst of the "history lesson" on Jess leading up to the daddy reveal.

Just before moving into the whole Jess/father discussion, I went back to the "sleep in bed" path only to get "game over".

Maybe I'm confused about the timing, but wasn't that path originally written with a "write this down so you don't freak out in the morning" bit, or is that after the second date night, when she's drunk and trying to get him to sleep in the bed again?

Was that completely rewritten, or am I just remembering wrong? Watching someone else's game vid usually doesn't include all of the paths, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I was introduced to this game on PH (well, the whole genre of these types of games) by someone that had recorded and posted their gameplay, so I had an idea of the things that happened. I think their initial play was recorded more than a year ago. With that as preamble, when I played, I did a branch at "sleep in the bed" after the first "date" and "sleep downstairs". I played the downstairs, currently in the midst of the "history lesson" on Jess leading up to the daddy reveal.

Just before moving into the whole Jess/father discussion, I went back to the "sleep in bed" path only to get "game over".

Maybe I'm confused about the timing, but wasn't that path originally written with a "write this down so you don't freak out in the morning" bit, or is that after the second date night, when she's drunk and trying to get him to sleep in the bed again?

Was that completely rewritten, or am I just remembering wrong? Watching someone else's game vid usually doesn't include all of the paths, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter.
After first date night (visiting Rebecca at the bar), DO NOT accept Abigail's offer to sleep in the bed with you. This will lead to a game over.

After the second date night (at the club with Abigail, Meiko, and Lilith), you'll go to bed with Abigail, and this time, she dresses down far enough that Frank/MC will demand that she write this down so she doesn't freak out. She will initially freak out when you wake up, but Frank/MC will automatically hand her the note she wrote, and she'll be fine with it after that.

The second date night happens the next Friday, a few days after Frank/MC tells Abigail the real truth about their family relationship (I'll avoid spoiling it for those who haven't played through the story yet).

Best case choices are also highlighted in the official walkthrough.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
After first date night (visiting Rebecca at the bar), DO NOT accept Abigail's offer to sleep in the bed with you. This will lead to a game over.

After the second date night (at the club with Abigail, Meiko, and Lilith), you'll go to bed with Abigail, and this time, she dresses down far enough that Frank/MC will demand that she write this down so she doesn't freak out. She will initially freak out when you wake up, but Frank/MC will automatically hand her the note she wrote, and she'll be fine with it after that.

The second date night happens the next Friday, a few days after Frank/MC tells Abigail the real truth about their family relationship (I'll avoid spoiling it for those who haven't played through the story yet).

Best case choices are also highlighted in the official walkthrough.
I suspected it was the second date. I just didn't want to go back to PH at the time to find the video postings that would have confirmed. Thanks, though.

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
I don't know why I stopped playing this game.. I was looking around for a game to play and I ran across this one again and was like hey I remember this, so I gave it a download and am playing it again and I have to say I like it so far, right now just at the beginning, but the dialogue is nice, Lily is kinda annoying, but I see where she's coming from, and she's trying to give the MC a chance so I haven't lost hope with her yet. Altogether a good game, I think I'll keep my eye on it

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I don't know why I stopped playing this game.. I was looking around for a game to play and I ran across this one again and was like hey I remember this, so I gave it a download and am playing it again and I have to say I like it so far, right now just at the beginning, but the dialogue is nice, Lily is kinda annoying, but I see where she's coming from, and she's trying to give the MC a chance so I haven't lost hope with her yet. Altogether a good game, I think I'll keep my eye on it
Play a little longer and Lilith might become your favorite. That was my case.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
You can also play "Lilith's Longing" and get some of the "story outside the story". Worth the time. And, yeah, I think Lilith is my favorite, but I'm still looking forward to see what happens when Mei is fully out of her shell. If you just started, you probably haven't gotten to her yet.

https://f95zone.to/threads/liliths-longing-v1-0-clever-name-games.80211/

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
thanks Krystal2 I've actually been playing since this morning, and am at the part where it says it's recommended to play Lilith's Longing, so I'm downloading it right now, no way I would skip out on some Lilith content
well recommended and recommended, it's not necessary just deepens her story why she broke up with her no-good-bf.

Reactions: DavidTurner

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
well recommended and recommended, it's not necessary just deepens her story why she broke up with her no-good-bf.
yeah I had to stop for a sec and brace myself when she was walking up the stairs cause I knew it was gonna be that scene

Reactions: pgm_01
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes