ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Nope, did not help write this nor do I have any other special connection to the game. But the "woohoo, MC is such a wimp" crowd is competing with the "No NTR" and "Much NTR" groups as well as the "Wanna bang momma" crowd in none incest games for most annoying. What separates them is that the other are clearly advertised while MC inner monologue isn't so there's some slack to be cut.

But in the end it comes down to how you present your opinion. Hate redheads or love redheads, short hair, NTR? Say so. But be aware that it is your (general "you", not ImperialD "you") opinion, which may be a welcome feedback but don't act as if you've been wronged if a game doesn't go your way. We all need to compromise and what I dislike about this game others may love and vice versa.
true true ... couldn't have said it better myself :)
and i get it wasn't meant as my login name .... so no offense taken :cool:

CptValor

Oct 8, 2017
While I like most of what you have to say I would disagree with the notion that Shannon is a gold digger. Frank ain't gold, baby. She makes more money than him as the franchise owner of a chain fast-food franchise and is sure to pay herself a high six-figure salary since she probably is paying her workers minimum wage. This puts her firmly in the owner class. Meanwhile, Frank makes nothing if he doesn't sell a condo. That's why he is always broke. He made some money by renting out his loft, which he didn't even buy, but that couldn't have been enough to keep a wife and three daughters in much comfort. The only time he does sell a condo is when the old lady that gave birth to the chick who killed his wife sends her friends his way. Since she is dead, he is gonna have to hustle to maintain his income and pray that his new assistant is a better salesman than him. Sure, Shannon was greedy in the divorce proceedings but it seems that was more out of spite than the actual desire for remuneration. To my mind, she wanted to stay married to Frank because he was a good father, albeit a shitty husband and a dubious provider. We don't have to hear all her thoughts so for all we know she was desperately in love with this sap and is writhing in torment because she had a drunken hookup with her ex that blew up her life. Imagine playing the game from her perspective, like in Lilith's Longing. Her villainous ex-husband seducing all of her daughters with his giant dick as vengeance for her one mistake. Screwing her over at every turn. Hiding assets that she is due by community property laws. Cavorting with lesbians while she is left abandoned and alone in the home that was once filled with a happy family to drink herself to death. I still think that there is more going on with her that we don't know, but if she were a gold digger she was certainly barking up the wrong tree when she married Francis. If it were true she would have dumped him a long time ago. Now if the ex-husband is rich that is a whole other story. We really know very little about his situation. I'm in the minority, but I kinda like Shannon and hope she has a happy ending. Life is just too complicated to paint her as the bad guy just because the shorthand is convenient for us.
ok so, i never played "Lilith's Longing" and perhaps Shannon is painted in a bit of a different light in that game but im sorry i cant see her as anything more than a conniving bitch. my calling her a gold-digger might have been an incorrect assessment due to the MC's lack of funds, but where im not wrong is how she seems to stop at nothing to hurt him. i dont know where you got the idea that she was desperately in love with our MC, but even when they dated when they were teenagers our MC was only a pawn for her to use to hurt Abbys mom. i personally didnt see any love lost between the two of them, but once again if this was a point brought up in "Lilith's Longing" i dont know of the events that happened there. As someone who was married to and divorced an angry woman who would stop at nothing to get what she wants perhaps i can relate a bit more to the feeling of freedom our MC felt after he got his divorce finalized. i dont see how you see him hiding assets so he could have any tiny little piece of something to live off of when our MC was being more than generous to let her have the house and whatever vehicle she wanted. real life divorces arent that clean and tidy and dude lucked out that the judge didnt fall for Shannon's little act in the courtroom. anyway im sure you have your reasons for feeling as you do about the situation, but now ive explained mine and hope you and others reading it can understand aa bit more as to why i feel how i feel about the character of Shannon.

your whole rebuttal is mute .... the MC has always been kinda sissified
you are more than likely not wrong on that but how does that invalidate my entire point? not all people are the same. while one guy might be a testosterone filled roid head who looks at every female out there as a chance to "crush puh" there are guys out there who want to romance a woman and take her to fancy places and then have sex / make love. its all about different personalities and part of what creates our personalities is what happens in our past and i was stating in my post that perhaps a lot of why our MC is the way he is would be due to what happened to him in the past. (but these are very generalized stereotypes of two types of guys out there. im far from a licensed psychologist but each persons psyche is different from the next and not only that but these are fictional characters that were created in someone's mind which leads to the possibility of the writers personal issues affecting how the personality of the created character turns out. saying that this is a mute point would be like saying that the reason any of us turn out the way we are is a mute point... and that my friend is an ignorant way of looking at the world.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Frank's sister has so far only appeared in scenes where Frank has told Abby about her mother. And even then only once physically.

---

As for Shannon: I've seen Lilith's Longing, and even there you don't really see anything that would rehabilitate Shannon in any way. You only see that Lilith and Shannon have often clashed from an early age and she has also left mental traces not only on Abby but also on Lilli. There's a sequence in a dream scene that describes that well: Lilith is sitting in the classroom, Shannon takes the role of the teacher and asks her some questions. The questions are nonsense questions that don't make any sense and Lilith can't answer them accordingly. In the course of the dream, Abby and Becca "pop up" and can effortlessly answer the questions. I also mean that while Lilli is scolded, dream Abby and Becca are praised.

The scenario is absurd as such, of course. Both Abby and Becca have had their own conflicts with Shannon, and while the nature of the conflicts between Becca and Shannon are unknown, it is likely that Becca, as the more assertive of the three sisters, may have handled it better (I assume Frank's presence may have helped as well) than Abby, who until at least the last update (when she and Frank were at the fast food restaurant that is a direct competitor to Shannon's chain) was concerned about Shannon's reaction. With Lilli, on the other hand, it's the feeling that nothing she does and no matter how hard she tries nothing is good enough to get approval from her mother, even though, or perhaps because, she's actually a daddy's girl whose father ran off. I think that one reason Shannon was like that towards Lilli is probably because she and Abby got along so well (Frank can be heard saying to Abby in one scene that her mother would probably be proud that Lilli and Abby's friendship drives Shannon crazy).

So I think it might be helpful for all three of them (Frank, Abby, Lilli) to talk together about their trauma caused by Shannon. This would strengthen the bonds between the three and the nickname for Shannon (Shannunt) that Frank's subconscious has invented for her would definitely cause some laughs.

Other than that, I can only think of one thing that would work in Shannon's favor, and that's the fact that she tried to be a mother to Abby (before Abby started looking more and more like her mother). Given what she's done and how she's hurt others emotionally, I don't see any redemption for Shannon, at most if she were to deliberately take a bullet meant for Abby or Lilli, but I have no idea how the plot would escalate to that.

Reactions: Tavi13 and csmk14

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Of course the dev has complete control and freedom over every aspect of the VN. However, your assertion that opinions here are worthless is debatable, if not demonstrably incorrect. My comments here , I can't speak for others, are meant as constructive feedback to the dev. In several I have acknowledged that I fully support the dev's absolute right to develop the VN as he chooses.

As it happens, other than the endless whining by the MC, I find this VN both engaging and enjoyable to play. If I didn't I'd simply delete it and stop playing. It is my hope that the continual feedback by myself and others will eventually convince the dev to allow the MC to develop from his current persona to that more typical of an adult approaching his 40th year.

You are free to assume that the criticisms expressed here are unique to F95 and do not reflect a broader potential market for the dev's work. However, that is extremely unlikely to be the case.
Nah. His comment isn't debatable, it's asinine. Ppl getting sick of him acting like a vapourish wife from Victorian England looking for his fainting couch is the kinda thing that gets ppl to NOT support the game. It's getting as tedious as DMD got with blueballing the game for two years before anything happend. It's also idiotic, handwaving annoying writing, by saying aRtIsTiC iNtEgRiTy. It's the worst part of the game and adds nothing to it at this point. It had merit earlier, but that point is long since past and faded out of view in the rear view mirror.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
ok so, i never played "Lilith's Longing" and perhaps Shannon is painted in a bit of a different light in that game but im sorry i cant see her as anything more than a conniving bitch. my calling her a gold-digger might have been an incorrect assessment due to the MC's lack of funds, but where im not wrong is how she seems to stop at nothing to hurt him. i dont know where you got the idea that she was desperately in love with our MC, but even when they dated when they were teenagers our MC was only a pawn for her to use to hurt Abbys mom. i personally didnt see any love lost between the two of them, but once again if this was a point brought up in "Lilith's Longing" i dont know of the events that happened there. As someone who was married to and divorced an angry woman who would stop at nothing to get what she wants perhaps i can relate a bit more to the feeling of freedom our MC felt after he got his divorce finalized. i dont see how you see him hiding assets so he could have any tiny little piece of something to live off of when our MC was being more than generous to let her have the house and whatever vehicle she wanted. real life divorces arent that clean and tidy and dude lucked out that the judge didnt fall for Shannon's little act in the courtroom. anyway im sure you have your reasons for feeling as you do about the situation, but now ive explained mine and hope you and others reading it can understand aa bit more as to why i feel how i feel about the character of Shannon.
It isn't my wish to invalidate your feelings about Shannon. You are welcome to them. I don't deny that she has shown nothing but her bad side in the game, but there are two or more sides to every story. I too divorced an angry and unfaithful woman but in the end we are still friends and help each other through hard times years later. We were better as co-parents than as spouses, that's for sure. Sometimes you just are not right for each other. I do encourage you and everyone to play Lilith's Longing, if just to understand Lily better. In the game she just pivots without much rhyme or reason but LL explains what she was going through right before she punched Frank in his stupid face. It is invaluable to see that Frank's perspective isn't infallible and that the other characters harbor thoughts and feelings that are not obvious to him. It shines a lot of light on the tension between Shannon and Lily. The root of it is Lilith's disrespectful and defiant attitude toward Frank, oddly enough, and her problem with Frank is how he just rolls over and takes it in the ass from this little girl instead of backing up Shannon when she insists that Lilith respect her stepfather and herself. Basically, Shannon's problem with Frank is the same as many on this forum. She wants him to grow a pair. It is also here where we see that Shannon is depressed, drunk, and devastated by the divorce. Barely even alive in fact. I think that I felt little or no sympathy for Shannon until I played that DLC. My personal feelings toward Shannon are that I am curious to find out more about her side of the story, because I wouldn't be surprised to discover that many of her worst decisions have Becca's fingerprints all over them.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
It isn't my wish to invalidate your feelings about Shannon. You are welcome to them. I don't deny that she has shown nothing but her bad side in the game, but there are two or more sides to every story. I too divorced an angry and unfaithful woman but in the end we are still friends and help each other through hard times years later. We were better as co-parents than as spouses, that's for sure. Sometimes you just are not right for each other. I do encourage you and everyone to play Lilith's Longing, if just to understand Lily better. In the game she just pivots without much rhyme or reason but LL explains what she was going through right before she punched Frank in his stupid face. It is invaluable to see that Frank's perspective isn't infallible and that the other characters harbor thoughts and feelings that are not obvious to him. It shines a lot of light on the tension between Shannon and Lily. The root of it is Lilith's disrespectful and defiant attitude toward Frank, oddly enough, and her problem with Frank is how he just rolls over and takes it in the ass from this little girl instead of backing up Shannon when she insists that Lilith respect her stepfather and herself. Basically, Shannon's problem with Frank is the same as many on this forum. She wants him to grow a pair. It is also here where we see that Shannon is depressed, drunk, and devastated by the divorce. Barely even alive in fact. I think that I felt little or no sympathy for Shannon until I played that DLC. My personal feelings toward Shannon are that I am curious to find out more about her side of the story, because I wouldn't be surprised to discover that many of her worst decisions have Becca's fingerprints all over them.
Shannon's biography clearly shows where the marriage problems between Frank and Shannon came from, not because he didn't have "balls in his pants" but:

"As Abigail got older and her resemblance to Jessica grew, it brought up the old hatred that Shannon had for her. She began to resent Frank for being with Jessica and having a child with her."

I would even say that Frank's rather passive nature was a plus for Frank: Regarding her problems with Lilith, who shows similar traits, such as the quick-tempered temper (or even the same angry look: Lilli had it for Frank, Shannon for Abby), clearly shows that Shannon doesn't get along with people who have a similar temperament to her. Why did Frank put up with all that from Lilli? Well, I can only speak from my experience with an acquaintance who had a similar story to Lilli's (father who ran away, bad luck in relationships) but had much more bad luck in her life. When dealing with these people, you have to show a lot of tact, because you never know when you'll accidentally hit a trigger point. At the same time, you must also have the understanding that this person, if it times out against, it does not necessarily mean against you, but is simply overwhelmed and has a short-circuit reaction. I think that I actually got along well with my acquaintance so far (although I was not in the same situation as Frank with Lilli), but the whole thing was then lost by others.

It is incredibly difficult, almost impossible, to gain the trust of these people, because they have burned themselves often enough in the process.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Ppl getting sick of him acting like a vapourish wife from Victorian England looking for his fainting couch is the kinda thing that gets ppl to NOT support the game.
... and get others to support it. There is no single way of character portrayal that is "better", people like different things. Yes, there's also too much internal monologue (including dreams) for my liking but as others have said, guys just plowing through girls collecting hymens will make others stop supporting a game.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
... and get others to support it. There is no single way of character portrayal that is "better", people like different things. Yes, there's also too much internal monologue (including dreams) for my liking but as others have said, guys just plowing through girls collecting hymens will make others stop supporting a game.
I'll probably sub to the Patreon once the month (and year) changes over. I do enjoy it (even made a sig of it this morning) and since we're most likely heading towards a harem finish, I'm breaking my no-harem ending game rule :LOL:

Reactions: $@~

Towik

Nov 20, 2018
Why is there no MEGA links? I so don't wanna get another sub to some site i will use once in a while. oh well will have to download from avaiable sites at snail speed, still I'm not in a hurry... so why am I typing this out... someone shoot me... so weird
By the way what was the reason for 2nd chapter? I think the last version i played was 12 or 11, hmm

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Forgot to comment on this but yeah

aRtIsTiC iNtEgRiTy.
whether or not you want to use the "big term" of artistic integrity, this indeed is a very strong argument not countered at all by "I don't like it". Creators create something, we like it or not. No musician is changing accords, no director changing special effects because "joryh wants it to be that way". Same here.

Also you cannot even be sure if a writer would be able to convincingly do as you'd like it. I wouldn't be able to do decent NTR stories because I don't get the hang of what people find satisfying. Maybe CNG needs to write his MC this way because trying to get "more assertive" you'd get a caricature of a grunting Neanderthal banging his chest and screaming "me fuck everything". He wouldn't be happy, and neither would you. Different creators do different stuff not only for the purpose of finding an audience but because that is what they can do and be content with it.

And that is the handwave of "artistic integrity" - or creator's privilege.

Reactions: $@~

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
Nah. His comment isn't debatable, it's asinine. Ppl getting sick of him acting like a vapourish wife from Victorian England looking for his fainting couch is the kinda thing that gets ppl to NOT support the game. It's getting as tedious as DMD got with blueballing the game for two years before anything happend. It's also idiotic, handwaving annoying writing, by saying aRtIsTiC iNtEgRiTy. It's the worst part of the game and adds nothing to it at this point. It had merit earlier, but that point is long since past and faded out of view in the rear view mirror.
Ahhh like you supported his game in the beginning when you thought the artistic integrity argument had merit !!!! right ?
The MC and the story has been like that from day 1.

Like i said before, You like the game or don't. CNG is not changing anything to cater to a group of non supporters.
Would you risk loosing your current supporters for a maybe they will support me one ?

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Shannon's biography clearly shows where the marriage problems between Frank and Shannon came from, not because he didn't have "balls in his pants" but:

"As Abigail got older and her resemblance to Jessica grew, it brought up the old hatred that Shannon had for her. She began to resent Frank for being with Jessica and having a child with her."

I would even say that Frank's rather passive nature was a plus for Frank: Regarding her problems with Lilith, who shows similar traits, such as the quick-tempered temper (or even the same angry look: Lilli had it for Frank, Shannon for Abby), clearly shows that Shannon doesn't get along with people who have a similar temperament to her. Why did Frank put up with all that from Lilli? Well, I can only speak from my experience with an acquaintance who had a similar story to Lilli's (father who ran away, bad luck in relationships) but had much more bad luck in her life. When dealing with these people, you have to show a lot of tact, because you never know when you'll accidentally hit a trigger point. At the same time, you must also have the understanding that this person, if it times out against, it does not necessarily mean against you, but is simply overwhelmed and has a short-circuit reaction. I think that I actually got along well with my acquaintance so far (although I was not in the same situation as Frank with Lilli), but the whole thing was then lost by others.

It is incredibly difficult, almost impossible, to gain the trust of these people, because they have burned themselves often enough in the process.
Now I'm not trying to say that how Frank handled Lilith was wrong. An overbearing stepdad would have been much worse for the harmony of the household than a doormat like Francis. Only that Shannon said out loud, to Frank's face, in front of all the kids, exactly what her problem with him was. Why would she lie? It also doesn't mean that she didn't harbor resentment toward Jessica, but we have to take a moment to see things from her perspective. She had beef with Jessica that had nothing to do with Frank. We don't know what that was, but for all we know Jessica bullied her rather than the other way around. Maybe her loathing of Jessica had a very good reason behind it, and her rival "trapping" Frank into marriage really stuck in her craw. From her perspective, Jessica took something that was hers when she had no choice but to move away with her family. She could have handled the breakup better, but she was a teenager. Teenagers never handle breakups well. Perhaps she thought the clean break was best for them both and didn't know how much she would miss Frank until it was too late. We assume that Jessica was an angel because she was pretty, but it has been my experience that sometimes the most beautiful people are the worst. We look at Jessica through Frank-colored lenses. Also, just because she had resentment doesn't mean she didn't love Frank and Abby. Lilith's story shows that it is possible for someone to feel multiple ways about a person at the same time. Nobody would deny that Shannon and Lilith are a lot alike. Maybe too alike. It isn't uncommon to not get along with a person because you are too much alike. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that Abby was actually Shannon's favorite daughter, resemblance or not, and that part of her jealousy about their relationship was that Abby would never be as close to her as she is to Frank. It's just that we will never know if we don't see her perspective. There is a lot of potential in Shannon's story. It would be disappointing to forgo all that potential to let her remain a wicked stepmother trope.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

kschn68

Jul 18, 2019
Why is there no MEGA links? I so don't wanna get another sub to some site i will use once in a while. oh well will have to download from avaiable sites at snail speed, still I'm not in a hurry... so why am I typing this out... someone shoot me... so weird
By the way what was the reason for 2nd chapter? I think the last version i played was 12 or 11, hmm
Unfortunately Mega is getting worse for game downloads. I've read from others that they even kick users when there's content in the files that does not meet the terms. Espaciallly i-cest or of course loli content is a big problem. And even if there are downloads, I already had sometimes very slow download rates lately also (but I'm no sub from Mega).

• Sad
Reactions: Roche3945 and $@~

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Now I'm not trying to say that how Frank handled Lilith was wrong. An overbearing stepdad would have been much worse for the harmony of the household than a doormat like Francis. Only that Shannon said out loud, to Frank's face, in front of all the kids, exactly what her problem with him was. Why would she lie? It also doesn't mean that she didn't harbor resentment toward Jessica, but we have to take a moment to see things from her perspective. She had beef with Jessica that had nothing to do with Frank. We don't know what that was, but for all we know Jessica bullied her rather than the other way around. Maybe her loathing of Jessica had a very good reason behind it, and her rival "trapping" Frank into marriage really stuck in her craw. From her perspective, Jessica took something that was hers when she had no choice but to move away with her family. She could have handled the breakup better, but she was a teenager. Teenagers never handle breakups well. Perhaps she thought the clean break was best for them both and didn't know how much she would miss Frank until it was too late. We assume that Jessica was an angel because she was pretty, but it has been my experience that sometimes the most beautiful people are the worst. We look at Jessica through Frank-colored lenses. Also, just because she had resentment doesn't mean she didn't love Frank and Abby. Lilith's story shows that it is possible for someone to feel multiple ways about a person at the same time. Nobody would deny that Shannon and Lilith are a lot alike. Maybe too alike. It isn't uncommon to not get along with a person because you are too much alike. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that Abby was actually Shannon's favorite daughter, resemblance or not, and that part of her jealousy about their relationship was that Abby would never be as close to her as she is to Frank. It's just that we will never know if we don't see her perspective. There is a lot of potential in Shannon's story. It would be disappointing to forgo all that potential to let her remain a wicked stepmother trope.
Punctuation mate. It helps

Starkmk87

Oct 16, 2020
Ahhh like you supported his game in the beginning when you thought the artistic integrity argument had merit !!!! right ?
The MC and the story has been like that from day 1.

Like i said before, You like the game or don't. CNG is not changing anything to cater to a group of non supporters.
Would you risk loosing your current supporters for a maybe they will support me one ?
Whut?? Please explain cause this is difficult to understand

Mirso

Apr 1, 2019
This goes out to alle you fucking haters out there. if u cant wait for stuff then stop playing the fucking game nobody is forcing u. the dev gives u a updated and u hate on it since its not enuf sex or that he dosent bang. I bet all of u skip everything and just hope u pick right things when u need to pick stuff. read the game and get to know it and maby u know why he dosent fuck Abby. yeah he is weak but he has been through much with wifes and dosent trust ladies. SO stop jappying about stuff and say what a stupid updated and stuff. There are other devs out there that milk people like hell for mony on a game where it goes 2 and 3 years before any sex or anything. So Stop talk shit about the game. If it goes to slow for u or u hateing it just stop playing it NOBODY is forcing u

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes