joshrip

Dec 21, 2017
So is chapter 2 ready already or is this just the start of chapter 2? since chapter 1 was literally only just released and its a combining of all the past 10? episodes.
This is just the start of CH2. Dev is breaking it up into chapters to have reasonably sized executables I'd say

Reactions: spacekun

joshrip

Dec 21, 2017
A question on the non-canon options for starting CH2. Does anyone have a list of the changes they cause? I played the canon version and there's a scene with a character who is in their underwear. Then I went back and made some selections for the starting decisions and the same character then appeared nude in that playthrough.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
A question on the non-canon options for starting CH2. Does anyone have a list of the changes they cause? I played the canon version and there's a scene with a character who is in their underwear. Then I went back and made some selections for the starting decisions and the same character then appeared nude in that playthrough.
Check the official walkthrough I posted here earlier.

This walkthrough includes both chapter 1 and 2 so far, and at the beginning of chapter 2, the effect of each choice is listed there.

Reactions: Cartageno

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Great to see this story back with a strong start. I know some people don't like the MCs internal monologue but it still makes perfect sense in the narrative for me. He lost the girl of his dreams and doesn't want to risk losing his daughter that reminds him of her mom so much. "He sleeps with her topless" I find American's have an odd relationship with nudity ie nudity = sexual content. They are just breasts. For a lot of people outside the US, nudity is just natural.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
Great to see this story back with a strong start. I know some people don't like the MCs internal monologue but it still makes perfect sense in the narrative for me. He lost the girl of his dreams and doesn't want to risk losing his daughter that reminds him of her mom so much. "He sleeps with her topless" I find American's have an odd relationship with nudity ie nudity = sexual content. They are just breasts. For a lot of people outside the US, nudity is just natural.
It all goes back to the old days in this country; the 13 colonies, the puritan, all of that stuff. This country has always been backward in that aspect in my opinion. Everything is sexualized here but once you get to the actual sex part, there's a lot of do's and do nots surrounding things. It's a weird kind of hypocritical duality.

But yes, it is a very weird thing here.

Reactions: joshrip

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
Now I'm not trying to say that how Frank handled Lilith was wrong. An overbearing stepdad would have been much worse for the harmony of the household than a doormat like Francis. Only that Shannon said out loud, to Frank's face, in front of all the kids, exactly what her problem with him was. Why would she lie? It also doesn't mean that she didn't harbor resentment toward Jessica, but we have to take a moment to see things from her perspective. She had beef with Jessica that had nothing to do with Frank. We don't know what that was, but for all we know Jessica bullied her rather than the other way around. Maybe her loathing of Jessica had a very good reason behind it, and her rival "trapping" Frank into marriage really stuck in her craw. From her perspective, Jessica took something that was hers when she had no choice but to move away with her family. She could have handled the breakup better, but she was a teenager. Teenagers never handle breakups well. Perhaps she thought the clean break was best for them both and didn't know how much she would miss Frank until it was too late. We assume that Jessica was an angel because she was pretty, but it has been my experience that sometimes the most beautiful people are the worst. We look at Jessica through Frank-colored lenses. Also, just because she had resentment doesn't mean she didn't love Frank and Abby. Lilith's story shows that it is possible for someone to feel multiple ways about a person at the same time. Nobody would deny that Shannon and Lilith are a lot alike. Maybe too alike. It isn't uncommon to not get along with a person because you are too much alike. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that Abby was actually Shannon's favorite daughter, resemblance or not, and that part of her jealousy about their relationship was that Abby would never be as close to her as she is to Frank. It's just that we will never know if we don't see her perspective. There is a lot of potential in Shannon's story. It would be disappointing to forgo all that potential to let her remain a wicked stepmother trope.
I could have agreed with most of this, until they were in front of the judge for the divorce scene. Maybe she did it out of desperation, maybe it was out of anger, maybe it was just bad advice from a slimy lawyer.....doesn't matter. Ultimately it was her choice whether to do it or not, and she willingly decided to cross that line.
Once a line like that has been crossed, any chance for redemption is gone (at least imo). She can take a long walk off of the highest rooftop in the city for all I care.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I could have agreed with most of this, until they were in front of the judge for the divorce scene. Maybe she did it out of desperation, maybe it was out of anger, maybe it was just bad advice from a slimy lawyer.....doesn't matter. Ultimately it was her choice whether to do it or not, and she willingly decided to cross that line.
Once a line like that has been crossed, any chance for redemption is gone (at least imo). She can take a long walk off of the highest rooftop in the city for all I care.
Very much agreed

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It all goes back to the old days in this country; the 13 colonies, the puritan, all of that stuff. This country has always been backward in that aspect in my opinion. Everything is sexualized here but once you get to the actual sex part, there's a lot of do's and do nots surrounding things. It's a weird kind of hypocritical duality.

But yes, it is a very weird thing here.
... which makes some tropes in games strange to me, like all the "perverted family member" stuff. Over here, if you're a family living in a house, you will see each other naked or half naked. It is not intended to and we're not running around topless all day or similar but with one bathroom for four people, or the hurry when everybody is getting ready for some big event, it just happens. So all this "spying on somebody in the shower/somebody changing" always feels silly, I've seen that dozens of times. Granted, in real life there just is no erotic component to it, so it might feel different once you actually fancy mom/sis/daughter.

Heck, a lot of people have saunas here, and you do not wear clothing for sauna over here, either, so when the family uses the sauna you just know how your family looks.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I would be inclined to agree if it was true that anyone was truly irredeemable. Or that redemption is the only purpose for having a flawed character. Flawed characters are to my mind much more interesting than blameless ones. I imagine a scene where Becca is "consoling" her mom and telling her that she has to fight dirty because she heard that Frank intends to do the same use her adultery to get sympathy from the judge and take everything. "You've got to fight fire with fire, Mom." Telling her the story to tell and insisting that she will be a witness for her. Right before she went to see the judge herself, bullying Lily to come along, and stabbing her mother in the back with the cold knife of treason. An ungrateful child is like a serpent's tooth and all that. If Becca did this, and the entire sorted afternoon was to her design, would we find her irredeemable? Or would we pat her on the head, the delightful little scamp with her five-year plan to displace her mother?

I'm not saying that Becca's more sinister qualities don't make her a more interesting character. In fact, you could say that she is her mother's daughter more and more each day. I hated watching Becca physically abuse Lilith in the elevator. Not to mention all the mental and verbal abuse. In my opinion, that was just as bad or worse than anything that Shannon has done. But nobody is marching around with a "Death to that whore Becca" sign. Sure Shannon is a liar, and her lies were laced with malice. But is that so much worse than Frank, who lied to his entire family for nearly two decades out of cowardice? Shannon still doesn't know that Frank isn't the biological father of Abby. Sure, in his mind he rationalizes this as keeping a promise. I'm sure that Shannon has some kind of similar rationalization. We all have a way of making ourselves the hero of our own story. I would like to hear how she justifies her actions. We certainly hear enough of how Frank justifies his.

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
Good so far but ya no incest. You are raising other people's daughters but just don't know how to make your own, poor guy. Oh they did remove the incest tag, I'm shocked. People seem to force incest for step and inlaw family members.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Good so far but ya no incest. You are raising other people's daughters but just don't know how to make your own, poor guy. Oh they did remove the incest tag, I'm shocked. People seem to force incest for step and inlaw family members.
You should go read the rules for "Incest" that this site uses. https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

Here I will place that rule here for you but you may want to go read all the other tag rules.

Incest [Sex act between family relatives, including those not related by blood.]

Incest tag is still listed.

Reactions: Cartageno

Leafkiller

Sep 13, 2018
You should go read the rules for "Incest" that this site uses. https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2021-05-02.10394/

Here I will place that rule here for you but you may want to go read all the other tag rules.

Incest [Sex act between family relatives, including those not related by blood.]

Incest tag is still listed.
The poster seems to know what incest is.

" 3DCG, Male protagonist, Animated, Corruption, DILF, Groping, Lesbian, Masturbation, Romance, Sex toys, Teasing "

He doesn't have any real children, maybe he will make some.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
The poster seems to know what incest is.

" 3DCG, Male protagonist, Animated, Corruption, DILF, Groping, Lesbian, Masturbation, Romance, Sex toys, Teasing "

He doesn't have any real children, maybe he will make some.
He said the tag was removed but its still there.

I to hope MC will make children with all 4 of the girls. :love: :p:love:

Tags and Genre are 2 different things.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think few will dispute that Becca's manipulations are more than amoral.

Regarding Shannon: Becca has witnessed Shannon's parenting style over the years. That Shannon is a very difficult person and her personality is damaging to most around her (at least Lilli and Abby, we know too little about Shannon and Frank's active married life, but it can be assumed that the Jessica-Abby problem started she also took out her frustrations at least passive aggressively on Frank). Shannon has had more than enough opportunities to show herself to be a good mother: For instance, when her first husband left, I think Lilli, being very fixated on her father, would have needed therapy or at least an understanding mother to be there for her. In fact, however, the following scenarios are more likely:

1. she ignored Lilli's problems. Expecting or hoping that she would catch herself. Also, the general stigma of psychotherapy ("What are the neighbors/family friends, etc. going to say about this?") is probably not insignificant.

2. she had her own problems with her husband leaving and may have taken refuge in her work. This might also be one of the points of tension between her and Lilli: "While I didn't let it get me down, you are now in THIS job? Loser."

3. she reacted to it similarly as to the divorce what one saw at the end of Liliths Longing and slept drunk on the couch from time to time.

Then there are Shannon's issues with Abby, which I've addressed here several times. Shannon didn't pass Abby by without a trace either.

If Shannon had tried harder to be a good mother to her youngest daughter and her stepdaughter, then maybe the ball would never have hit the fan. In that sense, if Becca manipulated the reunion between Shannon and Lilli's father, I could see it as a test of whether there was any hope left for Shannon. In that sense, the 5-year plan could have been a contingency plan in the not unlikely event that the marriage fell apart.

As far as Shannon's lies and Frank's secret about Abby's paternity are concerned, I would clearly say that Shannon's lies are definitely more serious: First, Shannon's lies to the judge are criminally relevant, while the mystery about Abby's paternity was more for protection: If Shannon had known about it, it can't be ruled out that she didn't just use it to spill venom against the dead Jessica, and second, Shannon would have felt even more threatened by Abby or the "mini-Jessica", since Abby was very affectionate towards Frank and would have considered her "Frank's new Jessica, right under her nose".

I think Becca's actions are quite morally questionable, but at the same time I think the fact that Shannon is now a character outside of the family picture makes for a circumstance that is best for Abby, Lilli and Frank and their emotional healing. Both Becca and Shannon are sly and manipulative, however, I believe Becca has each other's best interests at heart, which is rather different with her mother.

Reactions: Tavi13

Ghoul26

Jan 4, 2018
I feel like the story is going to end just like Daughter for Dessert.

The biological father will want Abigail to go with him, but she wants to be with Frank, he will continue to insist during the game, while Abigail and Frank evolve in their relationship, but when he discovers what he does with Lily and Becca, he will decide to go with his biological father To get away from him, at that moment Frank will have to go look for her, then the biological father and his family will not allow him to get close.

My theory is that depending on the decisions made will be the reasons to draw the ending where Abigail will choose between staying with Frank and her friends or staying with her biological family and holding a resentment for Frank for cheating on her (this case is the least likely ).

It can also end with the Harem ending where everyone is happy.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Now the core problem that had led to the rift between MC and daughter on Daughter for Dessert for several chapters was that the MC kept the mystery about the mother and her family to himself until it blew up in his face.

Frank is criticized by many for his passivity, however, I believe that in Abby and the Mystery of Fatherhood (which sounds like the title of a mediocre novel), he did just the right thing and told her before her father could be at the door.

And I have a feeling that Abby isn't even the one who might have the biggest problem with the harem scenario. We don't know all of her and Becca's scenes, but knowing Becca, it's not out of the question that Becca has already put things in place to make sure she's not there to share Frank's problems.

Where I am absolutely convinced is the fact that she probably has no interest in her biological father. The guy has been ditching her pregnant mother and acting like a dick to her, and she calls Frank her father every time. So I would strongly assume that she sees the guy more as a kind of sperm donor.

That being said, Becca has already announced that if Abby gets any stupid ideas about this, she will drag her back herself. Lilli would probably be in on it as well, since the two are very close. I just imagine Becca and Lilli carrying Abby away by her arms and legs. XD

Edit: To make it less misleading, yes she wants to meet her biological father but I guess just to tell him that Frank has always been her father and always will be, no matter whose loin child she is.

Last edited:

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I would be inclined to agree if it was true that anyone was truly irredeemable. Or that redemption is the only purpose for having a flawed character. Flawed characters are to my mind much more interesting than blameless ones. I imagine a scene where Becca is "consoling" her mom and telling her that she has to fight dirty because she heard that Frank intends to do the same use her adultery to get sympathy from the judge and take everything. "You've got to fight fire with fire, Mom." Telling her the story to tell and insisting that she will be a witness for her. Right before she went to see the judge herself, bullying Lily to come along, and stabbing her mother in the back with the cold knife of treason. An ungrateful child is like a serpent's tooth and all that. If Becca did this, and the entire sorted afternoon was to her design, would we find her irredeemable? Or would we pat her on the head, the delightful little scamp with her five-year plan to displace her mother?

I'm not saying that Becca's more sinister qualities don't make her a more interesting character. In fact, you could say that she is her mother's daughter more and more each day. I hated watching Becca physically abuse Lilith in the elevator. Not to mention all the mental and verbal abuse. In my opinion, that was just as bad or worse than anything that Shannon has done. But nobody is marching around with a "Death to that whore Becca" sign. Sure Shannon is a liar, and her lies were laced with malice. But is that so much worse than Frank, who lied to his entire family for nearly two decades out of cowardice? Shannon still doesn't know that Frank isn't the biological father of Abby. Sure, in his mind he rationalizes this as keeping a promise. I'm sure that Shannon has some kind of similar rationalization. We all have a way of making ourselves the hero of our own story. I would like to hear how she justifies her actions. We certainly hear enough of how Frank justifies his.
I can't put it anymore eloquently than MrLKX did (post #5639, sorry my brain isn't working well enough to remember how to link to posts atm), and I won't try.

I will add: Shannons actions/issues/personality seem to be consistent throughout her life, at least based on the perspective we have been given. In fact it is pretty typical narcissistic behavior.
While I do have my own concerns with Becca's actions, I doubt she had anything to do with the infidelity, way to easy for that to have backfired on her (especially with the MC playing the sub to Shannons dom behavior, even if it was just to keep peace in the house) and she definitely didn't have anything to do with Shannons accusations to the judge. As soon as she saw the judge wasn't buying it, Shannon dropped the act. Again; consistent with narcissistic behavior but completely inconsistent with someone that thought there was even a slim chance of an actual issue, which would have been the case if Becca had manipulated it. There is no way she would have let it go that easily, unless she knew it was total bullshit. That was the unforgivable (for me) line, and there is no justification for it.

Becca's manipulations definitely make her the more interesting of the two. Maybe it's because we have seen more of her, maybe it's because we have been sold the idea and want to believe she is being motivated by love, or maybe it's just because we don't know her real motivations yet. Time will tell on that one.
I personally don't like the way she has been treating Lilith either, but (so far) it seems to be the only way to get through to Lilith. I can accept it as necessary to the story, at least for now.
The big question is whether Lilith is doing what Becca manipulated her into believing she wants, or what she herself really wants. So far the story points to is being what she really wants, but again, only time will tell.
I am very interested to see where that will end up going.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes