UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Unfortunately Mega is getting worse for game downloads. I've read from others that they even kick users when there's content in the files that does not meet the terms. Espaciallly i-cest or of course loli content is a big problem. And even if there are downloads, I already had sometimes very slow download rates lately also (but I'm no sub from Mega).
Mega is canceling accounts and making files unavailable based solely on complaints, whether or not the complaints are true. Some modders and developers have been targeted by folks who dislike them effectively preventing them from using Mega. Also the download limit is a royal pain. Mega's attitude about all this became significantly worse after Nopy shutdown.

• Sad
Reactions: $@~ and tazaaron

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Now I'm not trying to say that how Frank handled Lilith was wrong. An overbearing stepdad would have been much worse for the harmony of the household than a doormat like Francis. Only that Shannon said out loud, to Frank's face, in front of all the kids, exactly what her problem with him was. Why would she lie? It also doesn't mean that she didn't harbor resentment toward Jessica, but we have to take a moment to see things from her perspective. She had beef with Jessica that had nothing to do with Frank. We don't know what that was, but for all we know Jessica bullied her rather than the other way around. Maybe her loathing of Jessica had a very good reason behind it, and her rival "trapping" Frank into marriage really stuck in her craw. From her perspective, Jessica took something that was hers when she had no choice but to move away with her family. She could have handled the breakup better, but she was a teenager. Teenagers never handle breakups well. Perhaps she thought the clean break was best for them both and didn't know how much she would miss Frank until it was too late. We assume that Jessica was an angel because she was pretty, but it has been my experience that sometimes the most beautiful people are the worst. We look at Jessica through Frank-colored lenses. Also, just because she had resentment doesn't mean she didn't love Frank and Abby. Lilith's story shows that it is possible for someone to feel multiple ways about a person at the same time. Nobody would deny that Shannon and Lilith are a lot alike. Maybe too alike. It isn't uncommon to not get along with a person because you are too much alike. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that Abby was actually Shannon's favorite daughter, resemblance or not, and that part of her jealousy about their relationship was that Abby would never be as close to her as she is to Frank. It's just that we will never know if we don't see her perspective. There is a lot of potential in Shannon's story. It would be disappointing to forgo all that potential to let her remain a wicked stepmother trope.

However, this also works the other way around. What we know about Shannon and Jessica's dynamic is this:

They both knew each other since first grade
Both could not stand each other to death
Jessica was the first in her age group to have sex, word got out, and was bullied by her peers about it. Especially Shannon, who, unlike the others, didn't stop when she had sex herself.

As far as that goes, I assume Shannon was probably interested in the same guy as Jessica, but in the end he chose the latter.

What we can definitely say: Abby is still intimidated by Shannon to the present (see the scene at the fast food restaurant) and the quote I referenced is a one to one from Shannon's biography page. Consequently:

Yes she tried to be a mother to Abby, but she looked more and more like Jessica and began to despise Frank for his marriage to Jessica and that he apparently had a child with her.

I'm strongly inclined to see the arcs as definitely canonical content, since they contain information that Frank can't know, such as Meiko's parents having tried to set Meiko up before, where she stood up to her parents for the first time, which Frank had just learned in the last update.

What information do we now have about Shannon and her interaction with her daughters and Abby?

Becca; "Her relationship with her sisters ranges from friendly to hostile, with her mother mostly hostile."

Yes, I admit that I, too, trust her to have her fingers in certain events and at least to be involved in the phone call that made sure Frank knew about the affair.

Abby: "Her relationship with her step mother is a bit more mixed. When her father married Shannon she was very warm and welcoming, but as Abigail grew older Shannon became more distant and cold towards her. Now that Shannon and her father are getting divorced their relationship is even more strained."

Here we see what Shannon's bio already says and I have credited her with in the past: She tried to be a good mother (to Abby) but with the resemblance to her birth mother that Abby developed, that ended. That definitely does not speak to me that she may have been Shannon's favorite child. Especially since she is a daddy's girl and she gave her similar evil looks as Lilli has done to Frank in the past.

Regarding her dynamic with Lilli, I have an assumption based on Lilli's bio:

"She was never very good with school work and dropped out in the eleventh grade. Since then she has been working at a local coffee shop."

Since she failed in school and had a job that was a dead-end job, I assume she thought her daughter was a failure. Although this is not necessarily true, after all we have seen little of the conflicts between the two ladies so far, but when I look at the dream at the end of Lilith's Longing, it is at least reasonable to assume that Lilli feels the same way, or at least similar.

Regarding her issues with Abby, it's pretty obvious that Shannon is a woman who clings to resentment. Jessica has been dead for years and yet she can't put whatever the problem was between them behind her.

In addition, one more thing: Shannon is 39, Becca is 23, which means that unless CNG made a gross blunder with the ages, she must have had Becca at about 16. If we assume that Becca was conceived in June (I'm assuming 9 months, since she was born on March 15 - which I think is an extremely hilarious coincidence in terms of the Ides of March) depending on when Shannon had to move in with her aunt (I don't know the exact month now) will have either been pregnant already or shortly after she moved there. If we assume that Becca is not Frank's daughter, then that leaves only 2 options:

1. Shannon already had a fling when she dated Frank and got pregnant, which would then be the cause for the move.
2. she took comfort elsewhere after settling down.

Since the detection of a pregnancy can take a while, actually only option 2 remains.

Has now nothing to do with the actual thing, but is an interesting fact and Becca's birthday is symbolically quite interesting.

What also makes me doubt Shannon's personality: She will surely have known how much Lilli suffered from her father's absence and yet she didn't think it necessary to inform her daughter that she had contact with her father, neither before nor after the divorce. However, I will give credit here that the whole affair story was a very spontaneous story and therefore she never had the opportunity to inform Lilli and possibly worried that their relationship would deteriorate even further.

However, I have my doubts at least about the last part, because even though Lilli's bio reveals little about the dynamics with her mother, there is one crucial sentence: "She is considered the black sheep of the family". We don't know who views her that way, but for me, in terms of Lilith's history and Shannon's career, Shannon is indeed the favorite in that suspicion.

• Red Heart
Reactions: $@~

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Just played the new chapter and this is definitely not a good update if you only care about sex scenes :LUL:

Reactions: Mirso

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Just played the new chapter and this is definitely not a good update if you only care about sex scenes :LUL:
My thoughts on that are since it is a new chapter and he will have new players he needs to restart the same way as ep1 and introduce all the characters again, my hope is that from here on out he gets going and takes care of business.. looked at chapter1 today and I swear he messed with the models and they don't look quite as good as they did.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
My thoughts on that are since it is a new chapter and he will have new players he needs to restart the same way as ep1 and introduce all the characters again, my hope is that from here on out he gets going and takes care of business.. looked at chapter1 today and I swear he messed with the models and they don't look quite as good as they did.
Well, new players can read the character profiles. Otherwise introduction can stay limited. Unlike say, Mass Effect 2, I don't see it as a stand alone game, and even that relied on you having played the first part to really understand what's happening.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Speculation station: If it true he lives in ohio and they have to be careful about the loco parentis law it might end up with mei being his legal wife and the rest just live in lovers...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: $@~

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
i get where everyone is coming from and i agree that at times the introspective monologue of the MC gets grating and makes for a hard read. however, if i can play devils advocate here...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

at this point the guy is the closest thing the three of those girls has to a real dad even if there are underlying feelings of sexual tension in there. i mean look at how he reacted when Beth and Vanessa offered him the friends with benefits thing! sure the amount of internal monologue and overthinking certain situations that would be a no brainer to others is annoying, ill give ya that. however, this guy has been traumatized and perhaps the fact that he overthinks things to the point of personal detriment is a defense mechanism that he developed as a way to protect himself from having more complications with women than he already has had. he could also be trying to protect his "daughters" from himself as he knows what happens/ happened to women he has gotten close to in the past

anyway ill spare you readers anymore of my amature psychoanalysis of fictional game characters and just say that... while, yes he does tend to overthink his situations too much and sometimes needs coercion to doing sexy things with females which would be second nature to some guys. im sure thats all part of the character development the dev was writing into his personality (that and without his flawed personality he would just be another creepy old dude running round trying to fuck all the young girls in the game and i know im not the only one here who isnt a fan of the "old man" tag)
I've tried making similar, reasoned, arguments before. The complainers will keep complaining. Most of them are younger and lack wisdom and maturity and/or don't have a buffer between impulse and action. Let them bitch - it gives them pleasure and makes them feel relevant.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
That's sort of what turns me off in this game. I get it. He's been through hell. He's raised these girls like they were his, he's dealing with a lot of shit, but when you have three amazing girls (four if count Meiko, which I surely do) wanting to actually BE with you, and every time they look at you, you're already half way from running away out of the door, or crying in your coffee about Lily or Becca, and most importantly, Abigail, who he should already know at this point is going to join the growing harem.

Meiko too, she's cute as hell, she has a crush on him, she wants the guy damn bad, and all he's doing is Boo-Hoo'ng everything, her fucking parents even want him to bang her and marry her. Get over the Shannon bitch. Move on from Jessica, but the issue with that is when he looks at Abigail, he sees her.

It's getting to the point (I've only been playing this game less than 3 days) and he's acting like a frightened fucking schoolboy still crying about the goldfish he owned that was flushed down the toillet.

Jesus Christ man, you're 39 years old. Grow a set!!
Some would say that attaining age and experience causes you to grow in wisdom and develop a stronger conscience. Keeping one's set in check occasionally is the better thing to do.

spacekun

Mar 19, 2020
So is chapter 2 ready already or is this just the start of chapter 2? since chapter 1 was literally only just released and its a combining of all the past 10? episodes.

Aug 16, 2019
Francis needs to lighten up, smoke some weed, and take the sequoia out of his ass already!! He's already way past the point of no return. No amount of overthinking will change that. He can't unfuck Lilith and Rebecca, so the whole "Oh no! I can't do this because they're my daughters!" thing feels tiresome. I was hoping that it would diminish a little bit after Becca and Lilly.

With the way he overthinks things he'll have a massive aneurysm and die by the time he pops Abby's cherry. But other than that I'm enjoying this so far...

I'm sad that Totally Not Bob Ross is leaving so soon.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
I'm having the same issue. Anybody have any ideas for a fix or are we going to have to start over?
There are no loading saves. This is like a new game. You just must give the game some critical decisions that you made before and you're ready to go

Reactions: fanof4

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
I have to say something about this game, and this coming from a person who has played it a few times in the last five or so days since I've had it.

As a long time writer, I look at Frank and I understand his dilemma, his hesitation to take the next step with the girls, especially Lilly, but more so, Abby. Yeah I was on the wagon busting this game for the mental game of ping pong he was having with himself, and the type of writing that was being done.

But you know what, you spend a 1/3 of your life raising these girls, trying to do the best for them; loving them, caring for them, protecting them, but then all of a sudden, certain truths are shared, preconceived images are shattered, and realizations are made, not just on Frank's part, but on the part of Becca and Lilly.

I never had children, despite being married twice and have been with a woman now for the last 13 years. I was never a kid type of guy. My third time going through this game, I understood Frank. I understood his battle, and was able to sympathize with him.

No one can tell me that they'd jump their (former) step-daughters willingly if they offered themselves to you on a platter whom you raised for years and years, only loving and seeing them as daughters; girls you want to protect and love, but not that way. He's fighting himself, he's fighting his urges as a man but also fighting them as a father. So yeah, he's going to hem and haw about it. It's only logical, and it makes sense.

I've had dreams about Lilly these past tow nights, and the one last night, I felt like I was in his shoes when she jumped him on the couch and wanted more and he pushed her away. Yeah it was just a dream, but I felt the struggle. I understood it. Becca is so much different. Abby, to me, is like a cherub with her looks (also why I didn't put her in the sig I made) so maybe, to me, she was made that way to look innocent, and just not a constant reminder of who her mother was. Yeah she's involved with Lilly, so she's not full-blown innocent, but that doesn't take away the fact that Abby is the closest thing to his real daughter and loves her the most. Even Becca says that; that neither her or Lilly will be more important to him than her.

He needed less coaxing with Becca obviously. He's battling himself over Lilly, and he flat out refuses to touch Abby; so we have the sure thing (Becca), the battle (Lilly) and the one he'll never (supposedly) touch, it sounds smart to me. Becca is the catalyst, but Lilly is the one that needs to start it all. With Lilly, comes Abby, as Becca said. Lilly is stuck in the middle, but so is Frank.

Yes he has to deal with the inevitable. Becca is going to push and push. Lilly is going to want and need. He can only stay a father to them for so long. Other games (like PL) have a father still being a father to their kids, but it also turned into a sexual escapade there as well.

I'm not going to mock this game anymore. I'm a writer, a person that right now, is in the middle of basically writing a book about the above mentioned game along with it's "sequel" and I'm writing it from a father's perspective, so maybe it's helping me view Frank a bit better. I don't know.

I'm going to support the dev once the new month starts because I want to see this game do well and finish, but I am on the side of the dev right now and I've made my choice.

Sorry for the long read. I had to get my thoughts out. Apologies.

Last edited:

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
My problem isn't so much with his motivation (or lack thereof) to be with the girls, that's understandable for the reasons you stated, it's that there doesn't seem to be any evolution with his fretting while his actions have long since moved past it, it's the disconnect between what he's thinking and doing.

Deleted member 4298851

Oct 27, 2021
My problem isn't so much with his motivation (or lack thereof) to be with the girls, that's understandable for the reasons you stated, it's that there doesn't seem to be any evolution with his fretting while his actions have long since moved past it, it's the disconnect between what he's thinking and doing.
I agree with that. HIs body has done one thing, and his mind is still making him think of doing the other, which is hesitating or not doing anything at all; he's already had two girls. If he thinks he's going to hell anyway, why not give in to Abby when she gets to that point, and we all know she will.

No matter how much he's fighting back, he still went all the way with Becca and Lilly. He can't turn back now, and as much as he's going to want to refuse Lilly, and he might for a while, but that'll spurn her out of control and continue her bad relationship streak.

He's stuck in the middle with her, as Lilly is stuck in the middle between Frank and Abby. It's going to get messy whether Frank gives in or not. That train has already left the station.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes