jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Hmm.. Thinking Frank is typically the type of "no unsafe sex before marriage, no-no, I can't, it's impossible" I think it would certainly be a red flag when Shannon got pregnant out of the blue". I think it's not beyond the character of Shannon to cheat on Frank while they where having an relation. Her pride would not let her confess this to Frank (or let Frank notice it) while Jessica is around to mock her about it. She probably could not use the "broken condom" excuse, so she was about to caught red-handed. Of course she could not let that happen. She simply took the easy way out and fled to her aunt, so Frank (and especially Jessica) could not "connect the dots" and thus she could avoid the humiliation that would hurt her ego.

I can imagine when Frank married Jessica and adopted Abby as his own daughter would even fuel the hatred Shannon had for Jessica. Maybe Shannon was planning about doing the same thing as Jessica. Only in the case of Jessica there was no cheating at all, while Shannon could try the same thing but claiming she got pregnant after she broke up with Frank. Of course Jessica (unknowingly) beated her and her plans crashed before she could give them even a try. This even intensified her hatred for Jessica. When Jessica died she finally could set those plans in motion years later, while knowing Frank is such a "goodie two shoes" that he would accept the other children. Of course Shannon now had a comfortable "babysitter", while she had her hands free to cheat away behind Frank's back, just as she did in the past.

Of course this is all based on Frank only having safe sex with Shannon (witch is totally in character), and Shannon cheating behind his back (also totally in character). It would make Becca not only no daughter of Frank, but also no daughter of Trevor. That would open another can of worms for sure...

It's just me playing around a bit with idea's, but I think it's well within the possibility's.

Last edited:

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
To wit in regard to many above posts, I am glad to see so much thoughtful discussion and theory crafting about Shannon. However, there is also much rush to judgment. I believe that until we get her side of the story we should reserve judgment, at least a little. As a few have said, her teen pregnancy is a dubious occurrence shrouded in mystery. Frank could be the father, another boyfriend could be, or she could be a victim of rape and/or incest. It is just as likely to be immaculate conception or a tryst with Zeus. We just don't know. God only knows what kind of demon you have to fuck to end up with a sweetheart like Rebecca. I really don't care if she was faithful to her on-and-off boyfriend when she was a teen. What I would like to add to the conversation is that giving birth and raising a child all alone at the age of 15 can be a deeply traumatic experience. It has doubtlessly had an impact on her character.

Shannon has many unpleasant character traits that have been put on display but we have seen so little of her that we have not had the opportunity to encounter any positive ones. I am certain that she has them. Nobody is all good or all bad. The scope of the narrative has conspired to alienate us from Shannon. I find this curious. It makes me think that there is something important to her side of the story that we are just not getting. Something only to be revealed later in order to push the story forward. Perhaps Becca's paternity will be important. Then again, maybe not. But my curiosity regarding Shannon's frame of mind and hope for her wellbeing remain. Maybe I'm just like Hawkeye and I don't judge people by their worst mistakes. I would like to get to know Shannon a little better before I burn her at the stake.

Reactions: Tavi13

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I agree with you on the following things:

1. the difficulty of raising a child at 15 and finishing high school at the same time. Even if her aunt should have supported her. I also definitely agree that it left a lasting impact on her character.

2. The scenes we've had with Shannon so far are very limited:

Frank's flashbacks
Frank's first encounter with Shannon
Frank's time when he dated Shannon and he talked Shannon into letting Jess come too

Lilith's flashbacks from her own side chapter, which I can't remember now, maybe someone can help out.

the Shannon scene in front of the judge

the probably drunk Shannon sleeping on the couch when Lilli sneaked to Frank and Abby's apartment (also Lilli's side chapter)

Others telling about events with Shannon (the lawyer, Becca, Abby).

Yes it would definitely take some material for us to get a clearer picture of Shannon though:

While I sympathize that she hasn't really had it easy and it's easier said than done, at some point she should have grown up and become the mother to her daughters that they needed.

And even though her story is one of being hurt and abandoned by others, at least her parents who sent her away to live with her aunt, it doesn't excuse the fact that she now has her own daughters and stepdaughter suffering under her as well. Especially Lilli was already suffering, there is no need for her mother to open up even more emotional wounds, whether intentional or not.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
To wit in regard to many above posts, I am glad to see so much thoughtful discussion and theory crafting about Shannon. However, there is also much rush to judgment. I believe that until we get her side of the story we should reserve judgment, at least a little. As a few have said, her teen pregnancy is a dubious occurrence shrouded in mystery. Frank could be the father, another boyfriend could be, or she could be a victim of rape and/or incest. It is just as likely to be immaculate conception or a tryst with Zeus. We just don't know. God only knows what kind of demon you have to fuck to end up with a sweetheart like Rebecca. I really don't care if she was faithful to her on-and-off boyfriend when she was a teen. What I would like to add to the conversation is that giving birth and raising a child all alone at the age of 15 can be a deeply traumatic experience. It has doubtlessly had an impact on her character.

Shannon has many unpleasant character traits that have been put on display but we have seen so little of her that we have not had the opportunity to encounter any positive ones. I am certain that she has them. Nobody is all good or all bad. The scope of the narrative has conspired to alienate us from Shannon. I find this curious. It makes me think that there is something important to her side of the story that we are just not getting. Something only to be revealed later in order to push the story forward. Perhaps Becca's paternity will be important. Then again, maybe not. But my curiosity regarding Shannon's frame of mind and hope for her wellbeing remain. Maybe I'm just like Hawkeye and I don't judge people by their worst mistakes. I would like to get to know Shannon a little better before I burn her at the stake.
Under almost any other circumstances I would agree with you. I enjoy redemption arcs, I love character development (it is really what keeps me interested in coming back), and I don't judge anyone (even/especially story characters) by the mistakes they made/make. I am usually the one trying to convince others to give them a chance. However....

I have said it previously, and I stand by it still. What she consciously chose to (try and) do during the divorce hearing crossed the line. I could forgive pretty much anything we know of up to that point. Not enough to take her back, but at least enough to have a civil friendship. That (imo) is where she went to far and, regardless of why, it was something she chose to do.
I can not see anything happening that will change my opinion on her because of it. I am also not a writer/creator, maybe something will happen that will change my opinion on it, I just find it highly unlikely.

Reactions: Cartageno

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Here her bio.
Oh, right, I forgot about the bios.

Ok, using information from Shannon and Becca's bios, the date screens at the first of each in-story day, and information gleaned from the flashback scene where Jessica drags Frank out of his post-breakup funk (and setting current in-game year at 2021 just to make it easier to keep track of when events occur in relation to each other):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I still stand by the idea that there's no way Shannon would have kept it secret if it were even possible that Frank were Becca's father, if for no other reason than to try to drive a wedge between him and her enemy's daughter. Which suggests he was diligent about safe sex while they were dating and Shannon either cheated, got pregnant, and her parents sent her off to hide the shame or she was assaulted and her parents sent her off to protect her from her assailant. The former is one more data point on the "Shannon needs to fuck all the way off" graph, the latter could set her up for a redemption arc.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Until the game says anything to the contrary, I firmly believe that Frank is Becca's father. They were dating and she just suddenly moved away without explanation. At the very least, he would be on the stage in a daytime TV show as a potential father. As for why Shannon never told him? Well, she can be very vindictive. Finding out he married and had a child with Jess (as far as she knew) could have led her to play god with Becca and Frank's lives out of spite.

Concerning Frank, I caught something during the diner scene with Becca that I can't believe I haven't noticed before. A common complaint I see is that Frank is too passive, I disagree. He is actually a well written introvert. He isn't as extreme as Meiko but he is definitely introverted. Introverts are cerebral (I would know as I am introverted). They over analyse and overthink things and focus a lot on the negative outcomes from choices even if it is things they really want to do, which is Frank to a tee. He gets caught up in his thoughts fighting about what he should do and what he wants to do. Every time Becca (a clear extrovert btw) says something sexual he gets flustered despite already doing things with her. It isn't because of what she said, it is because she is so free and brazen with her words. Its the same for Abby and Lilly.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrLKX

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Until the game says anything to the contrary, I firmly believe that Frank is Becca's father. They were dating and she just suddenly moved away without explanation. At the very least, he would be on the stage in a daytime TV show as a potential father. As for why Shannon never told him? Well, she can be very vindictive. Finding out he married and had a child with Jess (as far as she knew) could have led her to play god with Becca and Frank's lives out of spite.

Concerning Frank, I caught something during the diner scene with Becca that I can't believe I haven't noticed before. A common complaint I see is that Frank is too passive, I disagree. He is actually a well written introvert. He isn't as extreme as Meiko but he is definitely introverted. Introverts are cerebral (I would know as I am introverted). They over analyse and overthink things and focus a lot on the negative outcomes from choices even if it is things they really want to do, which is Frank to a tee. He gets caught up in his thoughts fighting about what he should do and what he wants to do. Every time Becca (a clear extrovert btw) says something sexual he gets flustered despite already doing things with her. It isn't because of what she said, it is because she is so free and brazen with her words. Its the same for Abby and Lilly.
But that really does not make since because Abby was born 4 years later the same with Lilly.
Why would she not tell who the father was when Frank was not dating Jess yet?
Shannon was a slut and fucked around all her life so who can say who the father is/was.
If Shannon wanted Frank then she would have said the baby was his and we all know how Frank is and he would have move to her.

We just don't have enough info yet to say one way or the other.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
But that really does not make since because Abby was born 4 years later the same with Lilly.
Why would she not tell who the father was when Frank was not dating Jess yet?
Shannon was a slut and fucked around all her life so who can say who the father is/was.
If Shannon wanted Frank then she would have said the baby was his and we all know how Frank is and he would have move to her.

We just don't have enough info yet to say one way or the other.
Shannon was only 16 when she got pregnant. Her parents shipped her off without warning because they were hiding her pregnancy from everyone. Going around telling people who the father is would make that a pointless endeavour since they are pretending it hasn't happened. Frank didn't get back in touch with Shannon until Lilly and Abby were around 8 or 9 years old which would be about 13 years later.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Shannon was only 16 when she got pregnant. Her parents shipped her off without warning because they were hiding her pregnancy from everyone. Going around telling people who the father is would make that a pointless endeavour since they are pretending it hasn't happened. Frank didn't get back in touch with Shannon until Lilly and Abby were around 8 or 9 years old which would be about 13 years later.
Shannon was 15 when she go pregnant.
Maybe her parents would keep it a secret but Shannon would not have just because she hates Jess and knows that Frank and Jess at the time were best friends and Shannon would do anything to stab them both in the back or at least Jess.

Start of the game is March 30.
Shannon now is 39, in August she will be 40.
Becca is now 23, just turn 23 in March 15.
39-23= 16 - 9 months = 15. Becca was conced some time in either very late May or during the month of June making Shannon 15 yo.
Now that I am thinking about it was Frank and Shannon dating during school time?
Normal summer vacation is from mid May to mid August making Shannon getting pregnant during summer vacation.

Dang-it now I got to go replay the beginning of the game again to figure it out who, what, where and when.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Possible reasons why Shannon never told Frank if he was Becca's father or never informed the birth father:

1. she was blackmailed by her family that they would take the child away from her and put it up for adoption if she informed the father and embarrassed the family.

2. she herself did not know who the father was.

Then when she met Frank again, she didn't feel the need to inform him, if he is the father. She has proven to herself several times that she can manage without the fathers of her daughters.

But I would also appreciate it if someone would do the work to calculate whether the calculation would work out for Frank.

And I think even if Frank really is Becca's dad, I don't think that would be a problem for Abby: she's a daddy's girl and she and Becca have always gotten along. If anything I think she would love having a big (half) sister. Frank would have had to explain the situation but I don't think Abby would have been nearly as upset, if at all, as she was about the story of her origins. I think that would have brought Becca and Abby even closer to Frank, and probably closer to each other (though not in the way that Abby and Lilith are). Where I would see possible negative consequences would be with Lilith: she would seem to be the only one without a father on the scene and I could imagine Lilli getting jealous: once of the father-daughter relationship that not only Abby but then Becca would have but then also that she would have to share "her" Abby more with Becca. Here, however, I see no reason for Shannon to remain silent: She has so far shown little empathy for Lilli's feelings and the central risk she would rather see is that the power structure in the family tilts: Abby was pro-Frank but easily intimidated by Shannon, Lilli was anti-Frank despite everything he did for her, and Becca only called Frank dad when the two of them were alone, but otherwise probably kept herself neutral on the outside, so it was pretty neutral. With Becca as Frank's daughter, that balance would have tipped irretrievably in Frank's favor, which would be intolerable for a dominant alpha personality like Shannon.

Trikus

May 31, 2020
Shannon was 15 when she go pregnant.
Maybe her parents would keep it a secret but Shannon would not have just because she hates Jess and knows that Frank and Jess at the time were best friends and Shannon would do anything to stab them both in the back or at least Jess.

Start of the game is March 30.
Shannon now is 39, in August she will be 40.
Becca is now 23, just turn 23 in March 15.
39-23= 16 - 9 months = 15. Becca was conced some time in either very late May or during the month of June making Shannon 15 yo.
Now that I am thinking about it was Frank and Shannon dating during school time?
Normal summer vacation is from mid May to mid August making Shannon getting pregnant during summer vacation.

Dang-it now I got to go replay the beginning of the game again to figure it out who, what, where and when.
yup, made a mistake, it is 15. Ages are a little off for Frank. The bio says he moved at 15 and Frank says he was 16. In the flashback, Frank arrived in May, 25 years before the story starts, so he would be 14? He started to date Shannon in January then the next June she left after a weekend in bed (which would make her 15) with Frank. Frank and Shannon were definitely dating when Becca was conceived.

Last edited:

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
the way I see it, its quite possible shannon doesn't know, and with the discussions here throwing the possible father being her father it makes more sense for her to be sent away in the 90's rather than because a neighbor kids knocked her up. 1950's 1960's OK I would buy sending her away but not in the 90's... Also if he didn't get to sleep with her till june and she left shortly after she wouldn't have known if she was preggo yet... unless it was by daddy dearest

Also I see the easiest way to convince frank and have lilly allow consummation of the frank abby pairing is if one afternoon frank is home and lilly and becca(bestgirl) are fooling around in a 3some and abby comes home early to find them in delicto flagrante and stirring up a shitstorm about her sisters using her man without her permission and her taking charge and getting her a slice of him herself and maybe having one of the oxton girls clean up each frank and abby orally as pennance...

Last edited:

Jah-Ith-Ber

Feb 23, 2021
Becca says her Birthday is mid march. In the flashback MC and Shannon are together as of June 9th "24 years ago: (so -9 months prior to her birthday exactly) and by July 22nd she's MIA. So either MC is Beccas father or she was cheating on MC because she was dating MC at the time Becca was conceived.

As for why Shannon wouldn't say anything who knows considering her potential family situation + if this is taking place in our current timeline its not like cellphones were ubiquitous 40 years ago and social media didn't exist so overbearing parents could easily keep Shannon sequestered for a while until the point that she hears via the grapevine MC has moved on to Jessica and she decides to keep it a secret out of spite.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Well - I really am convinced Shannon cheated on Frank, because if she really got pregnant from Frank she would not let the opertunety go by to real frank in like a fish on a line. Especially when he came close to Jessica again.

And personally I really hope it's not the case that Becca is Frank's daughter. You see - Until now I could bare Frank's whining because I really love the game and story. But if Becca really turns out to be his blood-related daughter, then al that previous whining will only turn out to be a small prelude to the final grand massive scale whine-breakdown of epic proportions. I really love this VN, but if that happens I will dump the VN like a hot potato I am afraid.

So - Please keep the game bearable so I can enjoy it. I really am not prepared to get another who-knows-how-long countless number of epic whining episodes. Really - I bared with it because I really love this VN and am prepared to take some negative aspects for granted, but there is absolutely a point where I say "enough is enough please stop now".

Anyway - As said before. I can imagine Frank does only safe sex before they are old enough to get children (or get married). It would be totally in character with him to take that kind of responsibility. And Shannon cheating behind his back with unsafe sex, and not caring for the consequences? It would totally be in character with Shannon to be honest.

It would not surprise me if the real father of Becca will pop up some time in the future. It would be a nice drama-line for sure. Just imagine Frank juggling between two fathers and all that stuff around it. I would prefer that a thousand times more than the "daughter of Frank - endless whine-drama".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DA22

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Okay all you date and who, what and where players out there.

MC did not meet Shannon until August so that means Becca can not be MC's daughter.
MC moves to new town. SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-23-04-61.jpg And then meets Jess SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-22-52-59.jpg SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-33-22-38.jpg Then spends most of the summer with her.
This comes up SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-27-26-27.jpg and then the first meeting of MC and Shannon. SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-28-52-47.jpg
August is 2 months after the date that Shannon got pregnant which should have been around mid June.

Trevor is not Becca's father because Shannon did not meet him until she started working at the restaurant chain which was about 4 years after Becca was born and 2 years after she left school.

So now we have someone else who is the father of Becca.

It sucks because I wanted a true incest story but all we are getting is step-cest.

All the above is off from the timeline in the story because MC and Shannon after 1 year were dating for 5 or so months.
Here it is now June 3, 1 year later SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-54-28-59.jpg with MC and Shannon dating for about 5 months. SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 17-59-47-63.jpg
39 - 24 = 15 yo.
39 - 23 yo = 16 yo (with Becca being born.)
Shannon's parents will be gone all weekend and Shannon throws a party on Friday and both Sat and Sun Shannon and MC has sex over and over.
It now all fits with MC being Becca's father but there is no way that Shannon would know she is pregnant with this time line because she left around the 22 of June. There still could be someone else that is Becca's father but until it is said in the game this is all we got to go with.
This is 30 days after Shannon left. SingleAgainCHP1 2021-12-24 18-14-29-15.jpg Jess is talking to MC about how MC got hurt with Shannon leaving spending 30 days in his room when Jess comes over to talk about it.

So with all this new info and unless Shannon was screwing around behind MC's back then Becca is MC's daughter.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes