Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
It wouldn't do shit since Becca is 23. She a legal adult and Shannon can't take child support on her.
Game is set in Canada where child support of children of the age of majority is possible (as in most countries). A "You're 18 (or whatever), you're on your own now" is not ubiquitous.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Really? That's interesting.
To be fair, it can be that somebody has rights but it can also be that they have not. I don't know about Canada, but here (Germany) she probably wouldn't be entitled to payments. Wouldn't stop Shannon from trying though.

In any case the money would be Becca's, not Shannon's.

yltohawk

Mar 19, 2019
To be fair, it can be that somebody has rights but it can also be that they have not. I don't know about Canada, but here (Germany) she probably wouldn't be entitled to payments. Wouldn't stop Shannon from trying though.

In any case the money would be Becca's, not Shannon's.
In the states if a child is in school, support goes up to age 25 or until graduation

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
In the states if a child is in school, support goes up to age 25 or until graduation
It can but it depends on the state and the terms of the divorce. The two daughters of a friend received different child support. The older was until she was 21, the younger was until she was 18, no support for their respective college educations. This divorce was in Texas, a little more than 20 years ago. The laws concerning divorce and child support change fairly often, so the presumption that current law reflects its state at the time of the divorce is likely to be incorrect.

I would expect the same is true in Canada.

Reactions: Tavi13

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
For 1, I think Becca did on or shortly after her 18th birthday, and the results (either way) inspired her to begin her 5 year plan. Her not saying anything would not be inconsistent with her character, especially if her goal is sex with Frank.
Her goal is way more than just sex but I agree, I think she had the test as well. Which is why I think she is so comfortable with the idea of a 'cest(ish)-harem. She obviously wouldn't have any cares for societies standards if she is the product of a 'cest relationship herself.

For 2, I'm not so sure that Frank is unaware of the arithmetic.
That is actually another reason why I think Becca isn't his. Given what we know of him, his personality, and his strong family orientation; I think he would have had a paternity test done if he thought there was even a chance of it.
I might be wrong, and eventually we will find out, but based on what we know of him I think it would have been out-of-character for him not to make sure.

stangnomez

Jun 20, 2020
I am not convinced that this one weekend would "do it", because Shannon was fucking people left and right. Frank was only one of the many as far as we know. And really - I would fully expect Shannon using that during the trial to convince the judge to extort money from Frank because he has to support his biological daughter. In this case the judge would not go for that, because all the children where not his. I cannot imagine Shannon would NOT use that powerful hammer to destroy Frank financially. That she did not use that hammer is frankly (no pun intended) evidence she could not use it, because it was not the case in the first place.

Anyway - I would not like to see the possibility that Becca is Franks daughter game-play-wise. If we let the story rest for a moment and look at the game play for now. Until now the amount of whining from Frank is somewhat bearable...... Just....
Just imagine that would go up with a factor 100 if it turned out he was fucking his biological daughter. Can you see it?

If that's the case I would suggest to give the VN some choices at the start. Something like:

1.) Some whining (Easy Mode)
2.) High amount of whining (Normal Mode)
3.) Insane amount of whining (Hard Mode)
4.) Ridiculous amount of whining, combined with mental breakdown (Nightmare Mode a.k.a. Becca daughter mode).

Just kidding guys! Don't take this too serious.

But please give Frank a break. Things are difficult enough for him and he's finally accepting what is happening... Somewhat...
The judge said something to the effect of 'since the children are adults, child support is not an issue' As for child support possibly continuing after 18, while J.D. Google says there are some cases where that happens, none of the common ones apply in the situation. Becca is 23, has graduated college, and has a job. Furthermore, she (and Lilly) are paying rent to Shannon; a relationship that would be put at risk if Beccas parentage came out.

On a metatextual level, the Judges 'the children are adults, therefore no child support' was said so matter-of-factly that it is probably what CNG thinks, and it's not unreasonable that they wrote Shannons lines assuming that's what she thinks, regardless of the actual law in whatever jurisdiction Single Again takes place in.

As for the story, I don't think Frank will become aware of any issue with Beccas paternity until the events of her side story, by which point the whining will have been greatly diminished. As much as it gets brought up in this thread, Frank has been on a trajectory of whining less, even as he has become more sexual with the girls.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I know the whole "splitting it up into different games" stuff has been discarded, but shouldn't it still read "chapter 2"? Although from my POV it could be "Chapter Banana", as long as it features the right stuff ;)
why ch2? there is only ch1 and will be.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
why ch2? there is only ch1 and will be.
Well, when the new version was cancelled, we lost Chapter 2 as part of the name, but I would think that it still is chapter 2 in terms of story, even though there is no hard break. If there indeed only ever will be "chapter 1", the whole chaptering wouldn't make much sense to start with IMO.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well, when the new version was cancelled, we lost Chapter 2 as part of the name, but I would think that it still is chapter 2 in terms of story, even though there is no hard break. If there indeed only ever will be "chapter 1", the whole chaptering wouldn't make much sense to start with IMO.
yea, dev prolly changes it at some point.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Personally, I would be in favor of dropping the chapter count completely. Since we are not likely to have chapters that focus on one of the three sisters, numbering is only misleading, see the last update and the omission of the designation Chapter 2. Simply calling the whole thing Chapter 1 would also only cause unnecessary confusion, since it would raise the question with new people coming in here when more chapters will come.

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Chapters could be used to describe phases of the story, still, but it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I just want the story to keep going, and updates to keep releasing.

Reactions: Tavi13
Dec 17, 2018
sure except steam has been lately quite grumpy on accepting avns and even booting some.
Hope it finds a way to get there really enjoyed this game, it's rare to find stories like this. Well feels like it's going become parental love it was good at start and it downs to garbage later of the story where choices seems meaningless why'd i think that? Dunno maybe one of the scenes made me think that way... Was it lily sudden change or rebecca causally sleeps naked with him and protagonist were seems fine with it, wish they avoid that i hope it won't turn out that way, i also love this parental love before and now mehh not as much as this one today, well they're equal at first. Y'know the point....

PUT IT ON ( STEAM ) I BUY IT FULL VERSION

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Abigail causally sleeps naked with him and protagonist were seems fine with it
The MC was not fine with it, both verbally and especially inner thoughts. The thing that threw me off the story were how the three girls relentlessly pursued the MC...it gave the feeling that they were told that they would be murdered if they didn't successfully seduce him. Even after making progress, the MC would regress the very next day as if nothing happened, going on about how morally wrong it all was.

Dec 17, 2018
The MC was not fine with it, both verbally and especially inner thoughts. The thing that threw me off the story were how the three girls relentlessly pursued the MC...it gave the feeling that they were told that they would be murdered if they didn't successfully seduce him. Even after making progress, the MC would regress the very next day as if nothing happened, going on about how morally wrong it all was.
I mean "some'" i notice it a lot he thoughts of it morally wrong, well maybe im just being paranoid probably he got used to it. it just that some of the game scars me deeply (and i think im overreacting)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
I remain convinced that the story needs some source of tension other than Franks's insipid reluctance because he seems to constantly be trying to jump overboard on a ship that has sailed. There could be any number of things that could move the story forward. Conflicts between the girls, for example, or Frank could be worried more about any number of things. Having a satisfying relationship with the girls, or trying to find a way to break the news to them that he is dating a couple. That is certainly a curveball and it is interesting to see what Becca's contingency plan is for that. Most presently, the group of them could start having difficulty hiding things from Shannon once she discovers that everyone has abandoned her and she starts to investigate her suspicions. In-Laws could visit. Neighbors could get nosy. Frank could meet up with an age-appropriate, unattached partner and it could give him second thoughts about everything. There are a lot of things that could happen other than Francis and his interminable monologue about how guilty he feels.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes