satirious

Mar 15, 2021
26th of April, but the progress image on their discord also shows the end of the month, which was updated on the 12th of May
Thanks Hellster

26th of April is weatherman levels of forecasting. At least the 12th of May shows that he's keeping with the intended pace. I don't remember CNG ever being far off intended windows before but, it's good to have the discord info to go along with what is on Patreon.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
and a lot of them think updates should come out when they want instead of when the Dev wants.
I saw one thread where someone asked if an AVN was abandoned when an update didn't come out for a month
and some1 asking when next update when it was updated just few days-2 weeks ago so yea for some games should be updated weekly (and that would require way more funding than patreon gives).

Reactions: Dylan741

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
26th April
The game is not abandonned .Period.
Please some of you : You need to use your brain.
You should expect my dry cleaning bill for making me laugh so hard I wet myself.
People use their brains on the internet, good one.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
People use their brains on the internet, good one.
if they used scamming/phishing/etc wouldn't be possible.

"Greetings Sir, I'm representative of late Mrs Smith who died w/o any family and now her fortune 10 million (10000000) dollars is going to government so I'm suggesting you a deal where we will split money. Contact me when you read this via this email."

Hellster

Engaged Member
May 18, 2019
Thanks Hellster

26th of April is weatherman levels of forecasting. At least the 12th of May shows that he's keeping with the intended pace. I don't remember CNG ever being far off intended windows before but, it's good to have the discord info to go along with what is on Patreon.
Yeah CNG is pretty good with keeping timelines with releases, and if he can't he'll let the subscribers know, not just leave them in the dark

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Yeah. He actually does. I just replayed the game from start to the current end. Frank is one of the most passive MC's I've ever seen on an AVN. He is constantly complaining/whining about legal recourse as well as societal views, then morality. I understand at the start of the AVN that he is constantly plagued with worries and issues. It makes for great character development going from that to more aggressive and in love with the girls. However, the issue is that he's still crying about this after how many hours in the game so far? It's gotten to the point that I start skipping almost all his internal monologuing because I can already guess what he's thinking. We've seen it for hours already. It's just kicking a dead horse at this point. But I do like the story, so I'm still playing. Overall it's still a really well done AVN. The animations are super good (compared to others like Deadlocked in Time), and the plot isn't just all about the sex. Though we've seen more sex with imaginary fairies than actual people it seems lol.
The entire VN occurs in like a couple weeks worth of time right now. People don't go from "Oh man, this is wrong, this is so wrong" to "living my best life!" that fast. It takes time for people to accept so fundamental a change to their way of thinking. Frank's getting there, and I think if he were getting there much faster it would make it feel forced. Of course, that's my opinion of the story. You are welcome to yours, I just think opposing views are good to have laid out in a thread like this.

satirious

Mar 15, 2021
April 25th, slightly less than a month ago. Forum rules are that the game gets flagged as abandoned if it's been three months with no smoke signals.
Had no interest in discussing it's continued development. I simply wanted to know how recent the forecast was. No need to be defensive.

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
The entire VN occurs in like a couple weeks worth of time right now. People don't go from "Oh man, this is wrong, this is so wrong" to "living my best life!" that fast. It takes time for people to accept so fundamental a change to their way of thinking. Frank's getting there, and I think if he were getting there much faster it would make it feel forced. Of course, that's my opinion of the story. You are welcome to yours, I just think opposing views are good to have laid out in a thread like this.
Yeah, I understand that the timeline is pretty condensed. I mentally fix that myself. I obviously know that the dev isn't going to make an AVN that is based 1:1 in realism, but even super condensed like it is, nothing moves that fast like they are. So if the game says that it's moved on to a new day, I mentally skip about 5 days to a week at least. Which, I understand, is completely my problem alone. So it may have only been a couple weeks in the game based on the dev, it's been at least months in my head. And with how aggressive Becca is with Frank, I would feel like he would have been coming around, or at least being less mentally whingy, a bit. At least with Lilly and Becca. I can still understand with Abby though.

I agree with the opposing views point, though.

Reactions: Cartageno

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
hmm, having trouble getting the link to work, anyone else with this issue?
There might've been a time limit on that invite link (I wouldn't know, since I'm already in there).

Try this Discord invite instead:

If you do get in, and you're not a Patreon supporter, you'll have a limited selection of channels available. But if you still can't get in with that link, the server is restricted to Patreon supporters only.

BartPS

Oct 21, 2020
Yeah, I understand that the timeline is pretty condensed. I mentally fix that myself. I obviously know that the dev isn't going to make an AVN that is based 1:1 in realism, but even super condensed like it is, nothing moves that fast like they are. So if the game says that it's moved on to a new day, I mentally skip about 5 days to a week at least. Which, I understand, is completely my problem alone. So it may have only been a couple weeks in the game based on the dev, it's been at least months in my head. And with how aggressive Becca is with Frank, I would feel like he would have been coming around, or at least being less mentally whingy, a bit. At least with Lilly and Becca. I can still understand with Abby though.

I agree with the opposing views point, though.
I suspect our sense of time is also affected by playing games in dribs and drabs as updates are released. If we could wait until a game is complete before playing it, we would get a much better sense of the actual time-frame intended by a dev.

However, another frame of reference is the non-sexual events that are happening around the various characters - moving home (happening to at least 7 characters by my count); Lilith's boyfriend drama and quitting her job; Frank's new assistant; divorce settlement; and of course now the inheritance. All of this would suggest a rather longer time-frame than that of the day count.

Anyway, while I'm playing, I prefer to push suspension of disbelief to its limits if necessary to enjoy the story, characters, humour, and of course, the sex. While picking holes in a story may be fun in a forum such as this, doing so during the play will only detract from my own enjoyment.

rostabu

Mar 8, 2019
Thanx for the help but... "you find yourself in a strange place. you don't have access to any text channels, or there none on this server"

tbarton1455

Mar 19, 2021
I suspect our sense of time is also affected by playing games in dribs and drabs as updates are released. If we could wait until a game is complete before playing it, we would get a much better sense of the actual time-frame intended by a dev.

However, another frame of reference is the non-sexual events that are happening around the various characters - moving home (happening to at least 7 characters by my count); Lilith's boyfriend drama and quitting her job; Frank's new assistant; divorce settlement; and of course now the inheritance. All of this would suggest a rather longer time-frame than that of the day count.

Anyway, while I'm playing, I prefer to push suspension of disbelief to its limits if necessary to enjoy the story, characters, humour, and of course, the sex. While picking holes in a story may be fun in a forum such as this, doing so during the play will only detract from my own enjoyment.
I agree. I'm usually pretty good at putting aside my reservations and complaints/criticisms until after I've finished playing. It's just with Single Again, there's just a lot of repeating of the same information, AKA Frank's monologue. Like I mentioned, it's completely understandable in the first part of the game, but it starts to get really repetitive the longer the game goes on. To me, it's no new information so I skip it for the sake of my sanity lol. But I do that with a lot of games, not just this one.

I totally agree though with your comment about the lengthy time between updates and all the events happening to suggest a longer time frame like I initially hinted at. But like I said, I understand that no dev, especially indie/solo devs for AVNs, have the time or resources to make a game that long, not to mention it would involve lots of time skipping.

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Had no interest in discussing it's continued development. I simply wanted to know how recent the forecast was. No need to be defensive.
Nothing in what I said or how I worded it could reasonably have been read as defensive. The conversation for two days had been focused on arguments of whether or not the game had been abandoned with people mentioning forum rules regarding the "[Abandoned]" prefix with nobody specifying what those rules set as the timeframe, and answering a question about the date on the last developer update was a good opportunity to remind people that games are considered abandoned only after three months of silence.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Nothing in what I said or how I worded it could reasonably have been read as defensive. The conversation for two days had been focused on arguments of whether or not the game had been abandoned with people mentioning forum rules regarding the "[Abandoned]" prefix with nobody specifying what those rules set as the timeframe, and answering a question about the date on the last developer update was a good opportunity to remind people that games are considered abandoned only after three months of silence.
I agree that the response wasn't defensive. The worst that could be said about it was that it was curt and to the point. Basically just a statement of two facts. What should be added, if anything, is that an abandoned tag in the forum is not necessarily a permanent condition, more like an advisory not to expect forthcoming updates anytime soon. They can also be self-imposed by a dev if they make a post that explicitly states that they are abandoning their title (as has been the case on a few occasions).

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes