girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
anyone else kind of worried since its been almost 2 months since we have heard anything from the dev?
No. 1st of all, 2 months is nothing. Maybe he's on vacation, sick, in the hospital, in jail, whatever. Maybe he had a sex change operation or can't pay his bookie. 2nd of all I've seen so many devs get this deep into a story with their games and then chop them off at the knees and leave them cold that I refuse to let my head fret about that crap anymore. After the last update, what I think, is that he's done the same dumb thing so many others have done. He's changed the story around in progress, lost direction and continuity and now he's painted himself into a corner. It's probably taking so long because he's trying to figure out how to write himself out of it. That's the point when so many have just thrown up their hands and walked away from the whole thing, citing personal issues, or writer's burnout, or whatever. Just do a game search right here on this site, and use abandoned as a search tag and you can see for yourself. But bottom line, don't tear your hair out. It'll come out when it comes out. Or it won't. Either way life, I assure you, will go on.

Reactions: Piso Mojado

wilkwild6896

Jan 6, 2022
No. 1st of all, 2 months is nothing. Maybe he's on vacation, sick, in the hospital, in jail, whatever. Maybe he had a sex change operation or can't pay his bookie. 2nd of all I've seen so many devs get this deep into a story with their games and then chop them off at the knees and leave them cold that I refuse to let my head fret about that crap anymore. After the last update, what I think, is that he's done the same dumb thing so many others have done. He's changed the story around in progress, lost direction and continuity and now he's painted himself into a corner. It's probably taking so long because he's trying to figure out how to write himself out of it. That's the point when so many have just thrown up their hands and walked away from the whole thing, citing personal issues, or writer's burnout, or whatever. Just do a game search right here on this site, and use abandoned as a search tag and you can see for yourself. But bottom line, don't tear your hair out. It'll come out when it comes out. Or it won't. Either way life, I assure you, will go on.
Thing about it is if I remember correct he already had 1.22 like 90% done and half of 1.23 done when 1.21 was released so just makes me curious why he hasn't said anything in so long.

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
Thing about it is if I remember correct he already had 1.22 like 90% done and half of 1.23 done when 1.21 was released so just makes me curious why he hasn't said anything in so long.
Fuck, i hope he wasn't in the Midle East party thing x.x

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
After the last update, what I think, is that he's done the same dumb thing so many others have done. He's changed the story around in progress, lost direction and continuity and now he's painted himself into a corner. It's probably taking so long because he's trying to figure out how to write himself out of it.
I played it, of course, but what happened last update to make you think he is having trouble with the story?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: eltharion83

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
To be fair, his last Discord graphic said 1.22 was to come out end of October, and his recent MO (last 3-4 updates) has been to post an extension just before the upcoming deadline and post the update between 2-4 weeks after. Never been much more communication from CNG, so there's no real reason to cry wolf yet.

girlfairdev

Mar 15, 2020
I played it, of course, but what happened last update to make you think he is having trouble with the story?
It's clear that he's amplified the role of Mei and the lesbian couple in the MC's life. Not to mention the model chick. MC's already so morally conflicted about his relationship with Becca and Lily, and a possible pending relationship with Abby that he keeps saying "no way" to that his head's about to explode. Now with the embellishment of the other characters, where on earth will this disjointed mess end up? Believable to think he could develop the relationship with the three girls he's been closest to all along, and how that could end up. Now, who knows. Don't get me wrong. I still like the game, I just hope he can ultimately reign this circus in. Crazy he's created an MC that's psycho righteous with one weird harem.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
It's clear that he's amplified the role of Mei and the lesbian couple in the MC's life. Not to mention the model chick. MC's already so morally conflicted about his relationship with Becca and Lily, and a possible pending relationship with Abby that he keeps saying "no way" to that his head's about to explode. Now with the embellishment of the other characters, where on earth will this disjointed mess end up? Believable to think he could develop the relationship with the three girls he's been closest to all along, and how that could end up. Now, who knows. Don't get me wrong. I still like the game, I just hope he can ultimately reign this circus in. Crazy he's created an MC that's psycho righteous with one weird harem.
Is "psycho righteous" what the kids nowadays are using for incredibly irritating? I like the story well enough but the further I read the less I liked the MC.
He is infuriating after a while IMO. Still now I want to see where this story ends up.

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Ok. I still don't quite get what you mean, but it's probably just me.

Mei fits in pretty well with the other LIs. The others are so forward and outgoing, its a nice contrast to have at least one shy character. The lesbian couple is kind of an odd addition, I agree. I don't quite see the point, but I assume CNG is using them to give the game some sort of overarching story, with one being a magnate's daughter. So it gives something to the story and for the MC to talk about other than just going out on dates and to the pool with the other LIs. I don't mind it.

I'm drawing a blank on the model chick. I assume one of the minor side characters? I certainly don't remember here being significant enough to messy up the plot.

• Angry
Reactions: OdinValgallovih

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Ok. I still don't quite get what you mean, but it's probably just me.

Mei fits in pretty well with the other LIs. The others are so forward and outgoing, its a nice contrast to have at least one shy character. The lesbian couple is kind of an odd addition, I agree. I don't quite see the point, but I assume CNG is using them to give the game some sort of overarching story, with one being a magnate's daughter. So it gives something to the story and for the MC to talk about other than just going out on dates and to the pool with the other LIs. I don't mind it.

I'm drawing a blank on the model chick. I assume one of the minor side characters? I certainly don't remember here being significant enough to messy up the plot.
I'm with you on not really understanding why anyone would panic over THIS update, unless it's 'cause of the future split in the story, although it's just a temporary one as far as I can tell.

The "model" is Madison, the bartender and BB's last muse before leaving.

The vacation split, if I remember correct, will see the group interacting with/joined by either Madison and Beth or Mei and the lawyers' assistant (can't remember name) ... or some combination thereof. I know Beth will be part of the beach trip and the assistant part of the cabin trip, but can't remember which other LI goes where ... no idea where Vi is during all this (or she's there but she still won't be part of any sexy time)

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
The vacation split, if I remember correct, will see the group interacting with/joined by either Madison and Beth or Mei and the lawyers' assistant (can't remember name) ... or some combination thereof. I know Beth will be part of the beach trip and the assistant part of the cabin trip, but can't remember which other LI goes where ... no idea where Vi is during all this (or she's there but she still won't be part of any sexy time)
I hope it's Mei and not Madison on the cabin trip then. Madison is my least favorite character and I picked the cabin trip. I'm hoping Madison remains a minor character.

Macar

Aug 25, 2019
I'm guessing the lesbian couple are there to give Frank a biological kid early in the story. Sure, his daughters will want kids eventually, but that would probably need a larger time skip to get to. Which MAYBE we'll get eventually. But Beth is likely looking to have a kid soon. The game seems to be big on exploring different concepts of "family" so I think this'll add an interesting dynamic to the story. Which I'm excited for. Madison is really the only character that I feel is really out of place.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I hope it's Mei and not Madison on the cabin trip then. Madison is my least favorite character and I picked the cabin trip. I'm hoping Madison remains a minor character.
Well, you're in luck. I had my primary's right, but I miss-remembered the pairings. That said, Madison probably isn't going away, but you can probably choose to limit her roll.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I'm guessing the lesbian couple are there to give Frank a biological kid early in the story. Sure, his daughters will want kids eventually, but that would probably need a larger time skip to get to. Which MAYBE we'll get eventually. But Beth is likely looking to have a kid soon. The game seems to be big on exploring different concepts of "family" so I think this'll add an interesting dynamic to the story. Which I'm excited for. Madison is really the only character that I feel is really out of place.
Madison is basically the embodiment of Becca's kink. She's not the only one, but she's kind of a "safe" side girl that Becca herself pushed the buttons to get into the game. I suspect that'll be how she ends up involved in the beach trip.

I'm kinda interested to see if the judge's daughter makes a return myself. I like Madison, but if I had a choice, she'd be the "side girl" I'd want to make more of a regular.

EDIT: And yea, I totally agree that Beth and Vanessa's main story arc is going to be helping Frank grow and proving that he's not sterile ('cause the fact that Abby doesn't have a little sister makes that debatable ... unless you subscribe to the Becca timing theory).

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Madison is basically the embodiment of Becca's kink. She's not the only one, but she's kind of a "safe" side girl that Becca herself pushed the buttons to get into the game. I suspect that'll be how she ends up involved in the beach trip.

I'm kinda interested to see if the judge's daughter makes a return myself. I like Madison, but if I had a choice, she'd be the "side girl" I'd want to make more of a regular.

EDIT: And yea, I totally agree that Beth and Vanessa's main story arc is going to be helping Frank grow and proving that he's not sterile ('cause the fact that Abby doesn't have a little sister makes that debatable ... unless you subscribe to the Becca timing theory).
It says during the story that Jessica was on the pill. Just a FYI.

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
It says during the story that Jessica was on the pill. Just a FYI.
I don't remember that, but it's not really relevant to the overall story either way, just a more likely explanation than they were unlucky (and it does make sense since they were struggling financially). It's not like anyone but the players would even suspect he might be shooting blanks, so it's more a game-within-the-game for those that like to theorize between updates.

Reactions: rudy007 and Xythurr
3.90 star(s) 203 Votes