Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
i still gotta say the father character .. is way off from what a man is and does ... a man doesn't overthink anything .. that's what women do .... ;)
That comment is as cliche as a "MC comes back home after leaving to study and suddenly decides that his landlady and roommate are hot and deserve his dick" visual novel.

Last edited:

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
For anyone reading later that runs across this and is confused...

Found a variable error. In bed with Abby, when MC gets the text with pics, it checks "picks239 == 1" to determine who you get the pics from, but best I can tell, it should be checking "picks323 == 1", as that is the variable if choosing to walk Lilly home. "picks239" is set back in 1.17 in the sauna scene. Depending on which choice you made there, you'll either get the texts from Lilly or Vanessa, rather than it being based on who you were with after dinner. It's possible to get Lilly's pics when staying with Beth, or Vanessa's pics when going with Lilly. This can also make the talk with Beth and Nessa in the pool very odd, if you stayed with Beth, but got Lilly's pics.
That helped locate the oddity I was seeing there, too.

FURTHER FIX FOR THE INCORRECT IMAGE OF LILY:
script 1.22.rpy
Line 4668

Original: scene bg 296s with dissolve
(Should be from Vanessa, but this is an image of Lily.)

SHOULD BE: scene bg 396s with dissolve
(THIS is the reply from Vanessa which should be shown, and then what the MC says after that makes sense.)

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
That comment is as cliche as a "MC comes back home after leaving to study and suddenly decides that his landlady and roommate are hot and deserve his dick" visual novel.
B.S. i'm 62 and i never had any men friends .. act the way this father does ... maybe you modern day boys do .... so your statement would probably be true ... idk :unsure:

Reactions: Maviarab

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
B.S. i'm 62 and i never had any men friends .. act the way this father does ... maybe you modern day boys do .... so your statement would probably be true ... idk :unsure:
Just because your own circle of friends ain't that way doesn't mean men that are introspective aren't common.
People tend to gather mainly like-minded people as close friends so it shouldn't come as a shock that your in group isn't like that bud.
I've been around and seen some shit myself. It takes all kinds. they-don-t-think-it-be-but-it-do-retarded-wolf-meme.jpg

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just because your own circle of friends ain't that way doesn't mean men that are introspective aren't common.
People tend to gather mainly like-minded people as close friends so it shouldn't come as a shock that your in group isn't like that bud.
I can't imagine a worse scenario than a bunch of men like that....fuck, how would they ever get anything done or organise a night out?

• Haha
Reactions: Xythurr

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think we can attribute Frank's personality to the following points:

1. Frank is rather introverted. After his family moved away, this left him quite uprooted and insecure. I think the friendship with Jess, who was more relaxed and confident than Frank, in terms of how her relationship with Shannon and her clique was a necessity, was something they both needed. Jess because he was someone new and not prejudiced against her while Jess was a good friend to him. In fact, in a non-romantic way, I see a certain similarity to the friendship Frank has with Vanessa. But well, maybe Vanessa and Jess just have similar personalities.
2. everything negative about Jess: first that Jess was disowned by her family and to see a friend who was always very strong break down because of it and then years later her much too early death, which makes him an overprotective father. And then that the guilty party gets away scot-free.
3. all about Shannon. Both in the distant and recent past. I don't even blame Frank for marrying her, Abby needed a mother figure and for a while Shannon actually did that relatively well. And let's face it. Frank explaining the changes in her body to a pubescent girl would have been "awkward".

There is no question that Becca and Lilly also needed a father figure. It was also helpful for Abby to have girls around her who were around her age, because I think that when it was just Frank and Abby, she would have had very few friends.

In short, Frank was an introvert who, through a series of circumstances, was in a situation that few would have coped with and made the best of it that he could. Did he always make the best choice? Definitely not, but that's also part of growing up.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
I've been around and seen some shit myself. It takes all kinds. View attachment 3182781
yup sure does .. takes all kinds ..

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I can't imagine a worse scenario than a bunch of men like that....fuck, how would they ever get anything done or organise a night out?
That's the neat part! They don't. They also don't typically pull a lot women but I just remind myself this is fiction even as i facepalm at the MC. There's enough good for me to tolerate the annoying bits...mostly.

• Haha
Reactions: Maviarab

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
I think we can attribute Frank's personality to the following points:

1. Frank is rather introverted. After his family moved away, this left him quite uprooted and insecure. I think the friendship with Jess, who was more relaxed and confident than Frank, in terms of how her relationship with Shannon and her clique was a necessity, was something they both needed. Jess because he was someone new and not prejudiced against her while Jess was a good friend to him. In fact, in a non-romantic way, I see a certain similarity to the friendship Frank has with Vanessa. But well, maybe Vanessa and Jess just have similar personalities.
2. everything negative about Jess: first that Jess was disowned by her family and to see a friend who was always very strong break down because of it and then years later her much too early death, which makes him an overprotective father. And then that the guilty party gets away scot-free.
3. all about Shannon. Both in the distant and recent past. I don't even blame Frank for marrying her, Abby needed a mother figure and for a while Shannon actually did that relatively well. And let's face it. Frank explaining the changes in her body to a pubescent girl would have been "awkward".

There is no question that Becca and Lilly also needed a father figure. It was also helpful for Abby to have girls around her who were around her age, because I think that when it was just Frank and Abby, she would have had very few friends.

In short, Frank was an introvert who, through a series of circumstances, was in a situation that few would have coped with and made the best of it that he could. Did he always make the best choice? Definitely not, but that's also part of growing up.
That's all good but his incessant dithering drives a lot of people nuts.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes