MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
Earlier this year, I mentioned this: It is mostly about British Columbia, but it should still work.

2. adultery
A divorce for adultery has more hurdles than a separation. The difficult part is that you have to prove that the adultery occurred. While the court will not force you to identify the person involved with your spouse, you must base your allegations on clear factors that the court can substantiate.

The best way to obtain a divorce decree based on adultery claims is for your spouse to admit it in a sworn statement. Other methods, such as investigating for discovery and appearing in court, require a thorough consultation with your family law attorney before seeking a divorce decree on these grounds.

Pursuing a divorce on the grounds of adultery also requires that both parties swear that there was no collusion. In addition, the adultery must have taken place without the consent of the second spouse. The court will not consider the duration of the affair as long as there is reliable evidence of adultery.

Typically, courts will grant a divorce on the grounds of adultery if the affair involves an extramarital sexual relationship. Keep in mind that the BC Supreme Court does not allow extramarital sex in open marriages as a legal basis for divorce.
Regarding the part I highlighted in bold: I'm pretty sure Shannon had no problem acknowledging her guilt on the part of adultery.

Reactions: Elhemeer
Sep 26, 2023
My First Wife was on the revolving Mattress plan. She screwed my brother while I was deployed. Hencs the math for my youngest Daughter didn't add up. When she came to me latter and said that She loved me but Wasn't in love with me, I knew right there I was screwed. She thought that she had me cause the DNA would be close enough. I'm glad that my brother had a guilt complex cause he came clean and told me everything. Otherwise I would have been on the hook for 15 years of child support. I got the best Lawyer I could muster Cordell and Cordell. They only handle men and it was worth every penny. I got custody she payed child support and my youngest daughter will never need to know her mothers infidelity.

• Sad
Reactions: Piso Mojado

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
well mc had best "lawyers" on his side so win was guaranteed.
I think that little "intervention" from Becca and Lilith helped a lot even if it shouldn't. Judge said it didn't but I still believe it. Lilith's probably even more, she didn't want to help, but she was there. And judge saw that.

Reactions: Elhemeer

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I think that little "intervention" from Becca and Lilith helped a lot even if it shouldn't. Judge said it didn't but I still believe it. Lilith's probably even more, she didn't want to help, but she was there. And judge saw that.
I think that thanks to their intervention, the judge will at least have kept a close eye on Shannon's games. Since Frank demonstrably earns less than Shannon, I think it was relatively clear that he would get the alimony. Shannon's attempt to screw Frank over (without evidence) and her daughters' forewarning (which the judge herself said was unusual) only made it more expensive for Shannon than it normally would have been.

On the subject of ripping Frank off, I have an excerpt there too, also from British Columbia, but it should still be good enough and give us some legal insight:

Mental or physical cruelty
Toxic marriages involving mental and physical cruelty are not tolerable in BC. The court will allow you to get out of these relationships by divorcing on the grounds of abuse. A divorce on grounds of cruelty will only be granted if the extent of the abuse makes continued cohabitation intolerable.

However, the courts will require you to provide any evidence that proves instances of cruelty. The court also requires that all cruelty claims be subjectively interpreted and free of inconsistencies. If you have enough evidence to prove physical or mental cruelty, the courts will likely grant you a divorce decree.

The BC Supreme Court and the family law system were set up to ensure no-fault divorce. As such, shallow allegations of cruelty and adultery are dismissed. The courts favor no-fault divorces as they are less emotionally charged and controversial and are ideal for maintaining co-parenting relationships.
Here I have highlighted the parts that are relevant to me. In bold is what Shannon and her lawyer tried to do, in italics is what Shannon's lawyer apparently forgot to inform Shannon about. In this respect, the judge actually acted within her legal rights, as she herself said. In addition, I think that the lady had already seen some amateur theater, Shannon's performance was not really convincing and the secret statements of her daughters in this regard were merely the final nail in the coffin for her accusations.

BoosterGold74

May 22, 2020
Not the only reason a lot of people choose to use the no fault option. Often it is just the least expensive way to bail from a bad situation you mutually want out of.
That means they decided not to contest anything. The whole root of the No fault is that no one is contesting anything and that it is quick and cheap. If one party wanted to be an ass about the whole thing then there is no chance for using the No fault. Shannon would not have been interested in a No fault because she's a complete bitch.

rudy007

Engaged Member
Mar 17, 2021
I think that thanks to their intervention, the judge will at least have kept a close eye on Shannon's games. Since Frank demonstrably earns less than Shannon, I think it was relatively clear that he would get the alimony. Shannon's attempt to screw Frank over (without evidence) and her daughters' forewarning (which the judge herself said was unusual) only made it more expensive for Shannon than it normally would have been.

On the subject of ripping Frank off, I have an excerpt there too, also from British Columbia, but it should still be good enough and give us some legal insight:

Here I have highlighted the parts that are relevant to me. In bold is what Shannon and her lawyer tried to do, in italics is what Shannon's lawyer apparently forgot to inform Shannon about. In this respect, the judge actually acted within her legal rights, as she herself said. In addition, I think that the lady had already seen some amateur theater, Shannon's performance was not really convincing and the secret statements of her daughters in this regard were merely the final nail in the coffin for her accusations.
The moment when it came to speak about alimony and MC thought; "...and I'm getting screwed over...", was my favorite. (I mean moments after when judge said he gets 1500$ per month from Shannon... And when he said at the end:"It's over"...

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Jesus Christ guys...does it fecking matter?

Get back to talking about Becca being the best girl.
Actually ... yes. I like me some story about the best girls, and when people talk about the story it may be interesting. And we all will have some threshold - especially in "Slice of Life" games - where we may be bugged out by elements of the story not adding up.

Sex is nice and all that, but it ain't everything, not even in every adult game ;)

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Actually ... yes. I like me some story about the best girls, and when people talk about the story it may be interesting. And we all will have some threshold - especially in "Slice of Life" games - where we may be bugged out by elements of the story not adding up.

Sex is nice and all that, but it ain't everything, not even in every adult game ;)
I never play for these for the sex. However, the story is about fucking your 3 adopted daughters and your gay neighbour. Hardly real true to life stuff is it Carta? So who really cares how accurate the court scene was, which was one small scene to advance thee plot/give some backstory?

This conversation is a posintless as it was the last 2 times it was discussed years ago.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I never play for these for the sex. However, the story is about fucking your 3 adopted daughters and your gay neighbour. Hardly real true to life stuff is it Carta? So who really cares how accurate the court scene was, which was one small scene to advance thee plot/give some backstory?

This conversation is a posintless as it was the last 2 times it was discussed years ago.
Apparently some people do or they wouldn't talk about it, would they? People care about different things here. And especially if you start thinking about some issue, it can become similar to the dripping faucet three rooms away - it's minor but you just cannot ignore it.

Reactions: Mickademous

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
I never play for these for the sex. However, the story is about fucking your 3 adopted daughters and your gay neighbour. ...
... and the Chinese* girl who was practically given to you by her parents. Not fair to leave Mei out.

*I may be getting Mei's ethnicity wrong. My apologies if I have done so.

3.90 star(s) 203 Votes