jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
I agree that the devs recurring issues are frustrating. We're closing in on a year since the last update, the previous update took around that long too. But at least he doesn't charge until the update is out and is transparent about the issues ( either via himself or his daughter). So we just have to wait it out until he is better. Hopefully he doesn't have more setbacks when this one is over.

Everything from being in a mental hospital to being an addict. I can see how someone wouldn't believe it, almost does seem like the most random things that could happen to someone.

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
We wrote that Kaffekop had health problems and that for us who have been following him since the beginning he is a friend and not just a game developer. Don't you think it's strange that we don't ask or better we don't wonder when the next UPDATE will be?
Instead we continue to wish him a speedy recovery and that he will soon return to write in this forum and that this game can continue with its intriguing and engaging storyline. The reason? The man is worth more than anything.

Weasel_Face

Sep 16, 2020
Pretty sure this is abandoned, need a patron to confirm since announcement is behind a paywall but it doesn't look good...

1623484139322.png

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Jul 4, 2018
Nope, he's in rehab for becoming addicted to painkillers after a severe back injury, he'll be back when he is better.
The whole reason got into these games was a back injury in 2019.I'd be up for weeks at a time before i could even catch an hour or 2 of sleep. but I always turned down opiates because of the reason the dev has to deal with. 9 epidurals and 2 years later im actually good now. So I wish him all the power in the world to kick that addiction because Ive seen many people either die from od,suicide, or end up in prison because of them.

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
If its a codeine addiction from pain i can tell you from personal exp that its no joke when you take it you feel great and the pain is gone and the pain comes back and you think welll one more wont hurt and then the pain comes back and another one and another one down down down the spiral you go and depending on how you can handle withdraw it can take years to recover from it. Addiction is a form of madness almost i hope that you Kaffekop can recover and have a family or friends to help though this dark time

Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
At least we know Kaffecop is still alive, that's a plus. He'll get back to this when he gets back to it.
Would be nice but withdraw and rehab mess with your life big time he may not even be able to do this any more hopeing for the best

lordofhirunds

Jul 25, 2017
Please can we think positively about Koffe Kop's future and forget the scientific discussions about will he recover, won't he recover, is it easy, is it hard etc etc
We wish KaffeKop a fast and quick return and since Sins of the father is his creature, he will hardly abandon it. Best wishes to you KaffeKop

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys and gals
Long time no update on anything. I know, I know ... I am a dick when it comes to keeping you guys in the loop - not just you actually. Not that it is any consolation. Change does not come easy and this is something I am still working on ... thirty years later.
I am alive and kicking. Some days I still feel like I am more kicking than alive, but I am getting there. I have made a few new friends and the therapists are great. One of them even caught a serious mistake in how I have been medicated - the past ... well ... probably six years and maybe longer.
Back when I started out on my journey with my new friends Oxy and Codein I was to be getting Oxy as a "prolonged release drug" and the Codein as a quick fix on days when my back was really fucking with me. Somewhere along the way some signals or wires have been crossed so that Oxy ended up been a regular dose of medicine and not the "prolonged release drug" that was to help me fighting my back pains.
Fast forward to some weeks ago when a therapist suddenly asked me, why I had not been on the "prolonged release drug" instead of the regular Oxy? I was absolutely dumbfounded because that was the idea. She fixed this and now I am correctly medicated.
As someone who has had 24/7-365 back pains for almost twenty years, suddenly being correctly medicated is ... I am not sure how to describe it. I mean, I am feeling a huge relief in my pains all of a sudden and I am soooooo fucking happy about that! On the other hand I am furious and in a fucking murderous mood when I think about my doc.
I took a serious nosedive mentally and trust wise when I learned that I had been wrongly medicated for so many years. I was ready to up and leave to go hunt down my doc and go medieval on his ass! How did he miss this? What the fuck had happened, since I ended up on a different form of medication than the one I was supposed to be on? How did I miss it?
Suffice to say I took a dive into a very dark place, but thanks to said therapist I am returning to "normal" (whatever that is these days?) and realizing that it does me no good beating myself (or my doc) up over the past, as I have no power to change it. Focus should be on tomorrow ... always on tomorrow. She is great!
We are currently debating whether or not I should stay for another round of 16 weeks. She thinks that it is a good idea as I, in her opinion, still need help saying goodbye to the regular Oxy drug. Codein is already a thing of the past, so right now we are down to the regular Oxy and the "prolonged release drug" Oxy.
We will see what happens. In all fairness it broils down to my doc signing off on another stay and thus paying for it (well not him personally, but our public medicare thing). Something I have no control over. If he still holds true to his original promise of letting me stick around for another 16 weeks, if I needed it, I may be be inclined to take him up on his offer. We will see.
What about the project? I hear you cry. No worries, it will not be abandoned, it is simply delayed! I need to be all fixed before moving forward with the project and that is a process that can not be rushed - or so they say.
I will have more to tell you when this month comes to a close and I know what road I will be on.

You a ll have a good one and enjoy life to its fullest ... and stay safe.

Cheers - Kaffekop

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Take the next round of 16 weeks if your doctor thinks you need it!!!

Health ALWAYS comes first! I can understand wanting to go medieval on your former docs ass but always let cooler heads prevail ;)

most of us here will be here when you come back with a bounce in your step from no more backpains!!!:love:

Stay safe and get better!!!!

4.10 star(s) 66 Votes