Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Slugs and Bugs: Conversion [Public v0.2.2] [Anaximanes] – Compressed

Win/Linux v0.2.2 · · · (234.9 239.1 MiB :: 2.63 GiB)
Mac v0.2.2 · · · (200.6 204.8 MiB :: 2.60 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.

Edit: Reuploaded with uncompressed 'gui' folder.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2020

Win/Linux v0.2.2 · · Workupload · (234.9 MiB :: 2.63 GiB)
Mac v0.2.2 · · Workupload · (200.6 MiB :: 2.60 GiB)
This compression is unofficial, reduces asset quality and may or may not break your game.

Caveat emptor.
THANKS, I LOVE YOU OKNO BUT THANKS A LOT

Oct 20, 2020

Win/Linux v0.2.2 · · Workupload · (234.9 MiB :: 2.63 GiB)
Mac v0.2.2 · · Workupload · (200.6 MiB :: 2.60 GiB)

Caveat emptor.
I am so lucky that compression doesnt work

Svoben

Sep 19, 2017
I am so lucky that compression doesnt work
It appears that compressing the GUI images breaks the game's code pretty severely somehow. Wasn't able to figure out how to fix the code; was able to figure out that if you overwrite the compressed GUI folder with an uncompressed one, the compressed game works fine. (Or at least seems to, so far.)

I'm attaching the GUI folder from the uncompressed version of the game. Just extract it and replace the GUI folder that's already located inside SBC-0.2.2/game/

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Ok, I'll remove those other ones Hord made, until a full working version of that compressed thing is uploaded by someone.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
Sorry for the inconvenience, El128b, I uploaded a fixed version.

Thank you for troubleshooting the issue, Svoben. I playtested both versions (the compressed original as well as the version built by me, as The Anax modded their SDK) but had no issues on my end. Well, that's Linux for you. ;)

Reactions: Svoben

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
Sorry for the inconvenience, El128b, I uploaded a fixed version.

Thank you for troubleshooting the issue, Svoben. I playtested both versions (the compressed original as well as the version built by me, as The Anax modded their SDK) but had no issues on my end. Well, that's Linux for you. ;)
So I can just copy and paste those things back in there? (Also, I have no idea what an SDK is lol but glad it works now!)

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
So I can just copy and paste those things back in there? (Also, I have no idea what an SDK is lol but glad it works now!)
Yes, you can. Though if you need absolute certainty you'll have to wait for a Windows user to report back, as I sadly can't playtest the issue.

As for the SDK: I was referring to the custom properties (animation multiplier, phase time, and quick menu).

Ga0na

Aug 22, 2019
Though it's odd how the corruption bar changes when we change the preferences, I would have expected it to change the amount added with each visit.
This actually confused the hell out of me, because it shot Justine from N straight to T5 while only showing the scene for N-T1. I missed out on three levels of content and thought the game had bugged before i realized how the setting was working

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
This actually confused the hell out of me, because it shot Justine from N straight to T5 while only showing the scene for N-T1. I missed out on three levels of content and thought the game had bugged before i realized how the setting was working
Yes, cheating can have weird/unintended consequences in in games for sure. I have found that out when I use CheatEngine or save editing on games sometimes. But, at least you have an option to skip the content.

Hybris

May 9, 2017
I am very intrigued by this game even if it does push the upper limits of my preferences (I love the 4th stage look for the girls but not so much the final stage). I look forward to see if this game gets completed.

Reactions: The Anax

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yes, cheating can have weird/unintended consequences in in games for sure. I have found that out when I use CheatEngine or save editing on games sometimes. But, at least you have an option to skip the content.
The way I would have done it is to have a variable that ranges from 0.0 at the very start to 1.0 for completely corrupted, and add a small amount to that per scene, scaling the amount added per scene by the slider value.

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
The way I would have done it is to have a variable that ranges from 0.0 at the very start to 1.0 for completely corrupted, and add a small amount to that per scene, scaling the amount added per scene by the slider value.
I suppose if you get into there and change the Preferences menu to work like this for me, and implement that variable/system, you can send me the coding. In the little hidden notes things in the Python code, put something like "Master of Puppets" so I can easily scroll through it in notebook with a search and find all the bits of code you made to have that all work, and thank you for the offer!

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I suppose if you get into there and change the Preferences menu to work like this for me, and implement that variable/system, you can send me the coding. In the little hidden notes things in the Python code, put something like "Master of Puppets" so I can easily scroll through it in notebook with a search and find all the bits of code you made to have that all work, and thank you for the offer!
It would be better to not have everything smushed together in one file, but it does make posting it easier. I think it should be obvious how it works and how to extend it to accommodate the new girls, but if you're not sure of anything let me know. A couple of things to note, I made it so it's no longer possible to advance by more than one stage at once (once a threshold is hit progress is paused until after the girl's transformation), and setting the slider to zero stops progress entirely instead of instantly going to T5. I can easily restore that function if you'd rather it stay the way it was.

Reactions: The Anax

JayAn

Jul 20, 2018
Does the Patreon release (namely 0.3.0) contain full content for Absinthe or just a part of it?

The Anax

Game Developer
Oct 24, 2017
It would be better to not have everything smushed together in one file, but it does make posting it easier. I think it should be obvious how it works and how to extend it to accommodate the new girls, but if you're not sure of anything let me know. A couple of things to note, I made it so it's no longer possible to advance by more than one stage at once (once a threshold is hit progress is paused until after the girl's transformation), and setting the slider to zero stops progress entirely instead of instantly going to T5. I can easily restore that function if you'd rather it stay the way it was.
My programmer said this:

He is free to set f_f_f to True if he wants to skip forward in time without using the per_phase slider and that maintaining a record of individual visits is rather important for several parts of the code and for maintaining backwards compatibility, so the change you were wanting is unfortunately a no go. Thank you though, for trying!

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes