yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
SnakeByteBlue-0.02d
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Reactions: BackAlley-GYC

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
And the update is live!

Huge thanks to the Mod team, and thanks to all of you guys reading this for all the likes, comments, and reviews! I can’t tell you how much it brightens my day to know you’re all enjoying my work :p

The next Patreon release (Version 0.0.2 E) is going to be 21st of June, with the next free release being the 19th of July.

Have fun playing, and I’ll see you all next time!

MikoKju

Donor
Dec 17, 2017
SnakeByte Blue [v0.02d] [BackAlley_GYC] Compressed

Win

Tools :UAGC

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
Patrol job is broken, can't report to srgnt
I think the better word is 'unfinished'.
There's a large number of things that are janky once you start progressing through the town, but considering that every other screen has a 'There's content here that will be added later' note attached, it is sometimes hard to distinguish between a planned omission and an unplanned one.

Speaking of jank, the dialogue sequences post patrol made only occasional sense to me, probably because of the aforementioned missing content. I can understand adding locations, enemies, and NPCs piece-meal, but IMHO the story scenes really start to suffer the more missing scenes you have in between them.

Any chance of adding a changing room to Charen's shop? Or if you don't aesthetically like it perhaps to the restpoints.

But yeah, not much to say about this update. I'm looking forward to seeing these mercenaries we're apparently fighting.

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Hey all – thanks for the bug reports!

There is a bunch after the patrol, mainly the mine dungeon to mess around in, but this will fix the patrol and hopefully all the dialogue problems too!

I’ve posted a patch that’s

Happy gaming y'all :cool:

There's a bug if you go to the next area from the first zone with all the chests, Uncaught RangeError: Array buffer allocation failed
This is one I couldn’t replicate, but from a quick goodle search of “RangerError: Array buffer” is there any chance your drivers are out of date?

I’ll keep looking, but I’ve run through the game twice now on the patched version AND the newer Version 0.0.2 (E) - that I’m currently working on – and couldn’t get the same error to pop up. Does it happen every time you enter the map?

Any chance of adding a changing room to Charen's shop? Or if you don't aesthetically like it perhaps to the restpoints.
I had this exact conversation with over on Patreon :ROFLMAO:

The current game plan is that the changing room only works at the Manor (and select side jobs that need the outfit), to give players a reason to keep going back there and check in with mum and dad.

I know it’s annoying right now, but we get to unlock the Tunnel System in Version 0.0.3 which is basically a quick travel between the Manor, Cycle Town, the new city, and Par-More, as well as whatever places we go in future, all linked via Charen’s shop.

I may also add in the changing room into Charen’s actual shop for convenience, just because that’s a really good idea, but for now we’ll just have to put up with walking back and forth for costumed fun :giggle:

-EDIT-

Now that I think about it, Charen would absolutely be the type to peak on Kyrsten while she’s changing, could give us a chance for a couple of scenes with him. :unsure::devilish:

Last edited:
Reactions: qwerqwer1Q

Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
is fighting in the mines broken ? whenever the enemy performs a grab nothing happens and my characters lose their turns then enemies grab again and a loop occurs.
and how do i start the patrol job ? do i need to finish the mines dungeon first ?

Last edited:

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
You start patrol job by entering the police station, and heading right and up through the door to talk to the police commissioner.

I haven't checked out the mines dungeon, but considering that when I went to the three mine marked locations before the patrol I didn't see anything to do there, and that the dev pretty consistently placed the dungeon after the patrol, did you sequence break?

Phantombeast

Feb 6, 2018
You start patrol job by entering the police station, and heading right and up through the door to talk to the police commissioner.

I haven't checked out the mines dungeon, but considering that when I went to the three mine marked locations before the patrol I didn't see anything to do there, and that the dev pretty consistently placed the dungeon after the patrol, did you sequence break?
thank u for replying! i realized that One can only start that job before progressing in the story by talking to Sonya in the slums which got me confused since i tried it afterwards. i'll guess the mines dungeon is either unfinished or bugged

Last edited:

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Phantombeast qwerqwer1Q
Yep, that’s right.

Simms does say to come back after meeting everyone, but I’ll add a message before talking to Sonya to show that you guys can do side content as well. The idea right now is that there is a whole big story event going in in Cycle Town, which serves as "the end" of the intro to what you can do in Cycle Town, but all the side content there will be available straight away after the basic introduction quest (eventually I’ll add in the Club and the Bar), because Cycle serves as a kind of “Hub Town” for the rest of the game, so you’ll be coming back here often.

BUT, as there isn’t a “rest of the game” right now, it can sequence break. I was going to get ALL the side content stuff out of the way first, but we had a vote on Patreon and it was decided to continue with the story, so I’ll be working on more side stuff later on (Version 003) - so it is what it is right now :whistle:

(EDIT: Clarification, in case the above was a little hard to understand. The intended end result will be after Kyrsten introduces herself to everyone (Simms, Steel, Renai etc), all the content associated with them is available – you can do police patrols, you can work in the Inn, you can go to the club, etc.)

Right now I’m focusing entirely on the story event. Sorry about that, but there’s only so many hours I can work on this :)

As for the mines being bugged/unfinished, yeah, that’s pretty much the case haha

Like all updates where I release a new area, most of the time there isn’t much to do there as it’s about getting the ground all laid out for the Mines Dungeon – although setting up the traps and mazes took a good long while, and I’m proud of how annoying they can be!

That’s why, as was pointed out above, Bandits get stuck in a cycle of grabs without any scenes playing.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017
Hey all – thanks for the bug reports!
got a weird bug that seems to be due to rpgm not resetting its memory usage, if i get to between 2GB and 3GB of ram used the game crashes, its happened with a few rpgm games but not all of em. the only fix i can find is saving often and closing the game and relaunching. quite the annoying bug and it would be great if you had a fix :)

• Red Heart

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
dankmasterzerber

Oh my god, a memory leak – I never even thought to look for that. I’ve been spending all this time introducing plugins and patches trying to fix this and it was right under my nose the entire time. :p

For any other RPG Makers curious, if you’re using the SRD_GameUpgrade plugin (which you should), there’s an option of “Garbage Collection Mode” – which by default is set to “Automatic”.
This doesn’t allow the game to dump trash files regularly enough, resulting in the pile up of memory, and thus, crashing. Setting it to “On Scene Change” will regularly fix this.

Thanks so much for the report, dankmasterzerber , it’s a real life saver and took me all of 2 seconds to fix haha

HikkiG

The original comic is getting a reboot/remaster, and that’s Kyrsten’s new outfit. It’s easier to draw over and over, but also much flimsier! This means that it’ll fly open all of the time (just a zip instead of the corset), battle damage is easier to show, and just plenty more opportunities for Tn’A. :sneaky:

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
I dunno. The new Kyrsten outfit looks... way too casual. Like, it can be an ok outfit for an off day or if you need to pick something up at the post office and take out the garbage, but it doesn't really sell the wandering heroine in a shonen look to me.
With the abs as well, they sorta look smooshed I guess. I kinda liked having clear lines.

For the bunny outfit, I again prefer the original, because it actually looks presentable at first glance which makes sense if you're trying to get someone to put it on. Also because the torso part in the new outfit is just weird. (Like, is the pink conjoined with the white or separate? Because when it goes to the breasts, the pink makes a direct line while the white doesn't. And you might want another look at how it changes width back and forth as it goes from the pelvis to the cross-section.)
The eyes are also less sharp, which I don't see the appeal of, unless you're trying to make a point about how the suit is mind-controlly? Now that I look at it, all of the eyes appear less sharp. Except for the policy outfit, where again, I think the previous glasses opacity worked better.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

Last edited:

BackAlley-GYC

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.
Don’t worry about it, I’d never ask people to apologise for giving constructive criticism! Besides, if I couldn’t handle it, then I’m in the wrong line of work ;)

BUT, I’m happy to give a more detailed explanation – or at least, MORE detailed than “because I wanted to”!

Whatever the case, I hope the new changes don’t bother you too much!

Thanks for the comment, qwerqwer1Q !

Reactions: qwerqwer1Q

qwerqwer1Q

Sep 27, 2018
Anyway, I did like Kyrsten’s dress but I think that just a basic looking hoodie is a great way to show how simplistic and “casual” Kyrsten is as an adventurer not to mention how neither herself nor her parents are really taking this threat seriously
Yeah, I just find it hard to believe this wacky pair of heroes wouldn't send out their favorite daughter in a swanky outfit. Maybe even one they gifted her as a coming of age (16 probably) gift. Maybe not the most functional outfit, but a good looking one nonetheless.

But of well. If that's what you want to draw. I guess I'm just not the biggest fan of the hoodie. Not with Kyrsten's hair.

Since I've written this, I've now had an idea for a scene where Kyrsten departs home in her original outfit, and then once out of the view of her parents complains how stuffy it if and changes into her hoodie. Maybe that would better get across the point you're trying to.

I think it’s just having a smaller image uploaded to the site here, perhaps in-game you’ll enjoy them more?
I did zoom in on them fully. I think it's the perceived lack of depth.

A conventional bunny suit is designed to be sexy (obviously), but a girl could also wear it out in public without being (too) embarrassed – as it’s no more revealing than a one-piece swimsuit – depending on cleavage drop.
The original piece was already almost transparent with a camel-toe, it is hardly presentable. But ok.

For the width, I understand why it changes, just perhaps the angle at with it does and the difference between the thin/wide portions could be a bit different. And yeah, it is nitpicky, it's just that with the fabric almost disappearing there was very little else to focus on.

Erm, not sure what you mean. Is it because Kyrsten now has coloured eyelashes, or smaller eyes? Or that she’s looking towards the person she’s speaking to?
If you look at the old/new bunnysuit Kyrsten in your images, the eyes stand out from the rest of her a lot less. I don't think I'm hallucinating here, and if you can see it, you'll know better than me why. Don't think it's the size though.

4.80 star(s) 6 Votes