Who are your favorite characters in SnowStorm ?

• Astrja, the blacksmith and chief's daughter (Wolves)

Votes: 3,658 45.1%
  • Candrid, the mischievous assassin (Bears)

Votes: 1,426 17.6%
  • Nox, the beautiful lady/witch (Ravens)

Votes: 2,912 35.9%
  • Mathilda, the elegant and haughty archer (Wolves)

Votes: 2,226 27.4%
  • Yrsa, the curious and welcoming redhead (Bears)

Votes: 1,949 24.0%
  • Lizgard, the shy bodyguard of Nox (Ravens)

Votes: 1,702 21.0%
  • Astrid, the lively little sister (Wolves)

Votes: 2,569 31.7%
  • Sonja, the mighty barbarian (Bears)

Votes: 1,804 22.2%
  • Katja, the hunter of the Raven's lair (Ravens)

Votes: 788 9.7%

• Total voters

starkj

May 17, 2022
Maybe the traitor paths will get consolidated. Then we'd only need four saves.
Or maybe the next update will introduce another offshoot clan. So far the WWs still look suspiciously harmonious.
The problem is that there are at least 2 paths to take now for each clan now, like the in Bloody Bears where you either follow Sonja or Yrsa, Dark Ravens with Katja or Nox.

Jimmy99005

Aug 17, 2023
Like sandstorm I find it as an entertaining game with different choices and outcomes.... the question is what direction will the wolves update lead?

Oct 10, 2022
Chance for what?
Chance for Mathilda to not join bb clan and march into more corrupted path. If Candrid put her claws on her, there is no way Mathilda not fall further. Her shy thank to MC was too cute to lose.

Because Katja isn't clearly evil.
She fights for her own freedom and other clan members, in that I believe Nox was wrong. It made me respect Katja. Though, staying to close to Candrid will corrupt her so even though she is not evil right now, I believe she will turn into one. Btw, Katja has something with the attack to the village which makes her at best, opportunist. So even if she is not evil, she is on the fence.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
Chance for Mathilda to not join bb clan
While he didn't say anything, I would say it is 0 chances of that not happening. Sonja left the BB to join the WW, so someone has to take her place, and that someone is going to be Mathilda.
She fights for her own freedom and other clan members, in that I believe Nox was wrong. It made me respect Katja. Though, staying to close to Candrid will corrupt her so even though she is not evil right now, I believe she will turn into one. Btw, Katja has something with the attack to the village which makes her at best, opportunist. So even if she is not evil, she is on the fence.
What Candrid did is what Vikings would do at that time, I can't see why Katja wouldn't get behind her for the opportunity to free the DR and to get the Outcasts a better life.

Katja is the leader of the Outcasts, so they attacked the village on her order. The attack was made to weaken the leaders of the BB and DR clan originally, but Candrid betrayed Torsten and made the WW get the brunt of the attack.
Now Candrid is the leader of the BB and is in an alliance with Katja, who is leading the DR and the Outcasts, and Mathilda, who is probably going to bring some dissidents from the WW to the New Alliance.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
I'm not particularly sure about this, I mean she leads a faction of cannibals
I think cannibalism was more out of necessity than because they liked it.
It seems that Katja wants to lead them back into the Viking's society and have a better life.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I think cannibalism was more out of necessity than because they liked it.
It seems that Katja wants to lead them back into the Viking's society and have a better life.
So you mean it was a necessity even before they were kicked out?
Seeing it this way, Nox is an increasingly worse leader

Oct 10, 2022
While he didn't say anything, I would say it is 0 chances of that not happening. Sonja left the BB to join the WW, so someone has to take her place, and that someone is going to be Mathilda.
I have the same assumption but still getting my fair share of copium.

What Candrid did is what Vikings would do at that time, I can't see why Katja wouldn't get behind her for the opportunity to free the DR and to get the Outcasts a better life.
I am not talking about what they did but what they will do. Katja's deeds were cruel but acceptable.

I'm not particularly sure about this, I mean she leads a faction of cannibals
So you mean it was a necessity even before they were kicked out?
I don't quite remember if they mentioned they were cannibals when they kicked out but I am also leaning neccesity approach. Though, having particular taste for it, they did mentioned they liked to eat ww members more, is an indication of they grew accustomed to that. Still, trying to lead them into society is a noble goal by Katja.

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I don't quite remember if they mentioned they were cannibals when they kicked out but I am also leaning neccesity approach
Having played it all in the last 3 days: it is said that cannibalism is the cause of their exile from the clan.
That said, it wouldn't be the first time that communism led to starvation.

P.S.
I finally found the courage to go the Candrid route, I'm a bad person for finding it intriguing?

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Having played it all in the last 3 days: it is said that cannibalism is the cause of their exile from the clan.

P.S.
I finally found the courage to go the Candrid route, I'm a bad person for finding it intriguing?
I enjoyed Candrid's path. I was at first intrigued by her but now I'm wary of her, but I intend to follow her path to the end. Candrid is never dull. I've got 10 saves going for different paths. I enjoyed Sandstorm, but I'm loving Snowstorm, so I'm exploring most of the paths

Dr.TSoni

May 20, 2022
I enjoyed Candrid's path. I was at first intrigued by her but now I'm wary of her, but I intend to follow her path to the end. Candrid is never dull. I've got 10 saves going for different paths. I enjoyed Sandstorm, but I'm loving Snowstorm, so I'm exploring most of the paths
I totally agree. In Sandstorm I only followed Rion, here I'm trying all the possibilities. And I don't see much chance of Candrid route ending well, the threat of her betrayal is too significant.

WarriorSteel

Jul 27, 2021
But we don't know why they did that.
I think it might have been out of necessity.

And some people are Outcasts because they were born from outcasts parents, like Katja.

And the BB path is awesome! Don't feel bad.
I am not talking about what they did but what they will do. Katja's deeds were cruel but acceptable.
What do you think that they will do?

Oct 10, 2022
What do you think that they will do?
I don't know and not gonna speculate more than we have given but I don't think anything good would come out from an alliance with Candrid. She uses people then discard them when she does not need them. If she follows the same, Katja will fall deeper to please Candrid or gonna get betrayed by her.

I totally agree. In Sandstorm I only followed Rion, here I'm trying all the possibilities. And I don't see much chance of Candrid route ending well, the threat of her betrayal is too significant.
I really don't know what is Rion's appeal but I really liked her. Why do you like her or her path, is there any specific reasons?

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Following that logic Lizgard should've left for WW and Astrid should've left for BR this last update. The conditions in BB is unique to BB. Candrid is an incredibly polarizing leader which led to Sonja and Yrsa basically being forced to leave for their own good in Yrsa's case and life in Sonja's case. That same motivation isn't necessarily going to exist for Mathilda. Maybe the MC taking the BB start will be the impetus she needs to make her leave her clan, maybe she will leave it independently or maybe MC staying with WW will be enough of a motivation for her to do the same.
Just because it happened in the BB path doesn't mean it will in every other one. Remember that at the end of the BB update you completely lose both of the 2 BB girls you didn't side with during that update. With the BR update you can keep Nox and Lizgard, not interested in checking out Katja's path so not sure what happens there but that already sets a different precedent from what the BB update set. I suspect that BR starts will keep Lizgard and WW starts will gain Lizgard. BR starts will probably gain Astrid and WW starts will probably keep Astrid. The MC is a pretty big player in this village and he has a lot of pull with the girls, what he does will quite likely influence their decisions to some degree. Whether that will be true with Mathilda or not for WW starts is yet to be seen because this last update proved that one clan update doesn't set a precedent for the others.

4.30 star(s) 48 Votes