VN Ren'Py Abandoned Solve the Riddle [Ch. 1.2 fixed] [Father Confessor]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Who's the most attractive lady in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tk99

Jun 3, 2019
Father Confessor

That was a really good start! Looking forward for the next release.

But if I may ask:
Are you rendering in Daz?

Because there are a lot of great looking assets i've never seen before. If so, where did you get them?

Reactions: Father Confessor

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Ok ...

1. Dont use the last name for everything. It feels weird, especially with the HUGE!!! amount of thoughts.
2. Get rid of the thoughts ... the only missing thought is "keep breathing" ... I dont know how your brain works, but I dont think about everything I do all the time.

Trasher2018 thoughts
I am typing in the F95 board, to point out my problems with that game.

3. Get a new proof reader and/or writer. The engrish is to strong. Dont get me wrong, there are worse games out there ... . But it feels more like a adjusted machine translation than real writing with a proper translation. I read that you didnt use all the corrected text because of "save writers narrative." - what? Do we play an immigrant that has problems with the language, but is thinking in it? ... o_O - There is NO excuse to keep grammar errors and stuff when it is not to show that someone is not fluid in a language or maybe mentally impaired.

4. The MC ... the look is good, but the character itself is a borderline maniac. Probably a bipolar disorder or something like that. He acts like a 12 year old douchbag that never got is dick in a pussy and is just bragging about his former "achievements".

I mean - there is nothing wrong with that in general, but I prefer to play a successful man with more (self-)confidence and to be polite and charming. Some of his answers are that, but they dont seem to affect how he acts most of the time. They just change the following sentence and change a stat. Best example is when he enters the office and thumbs into his assistant. No matter who you act, all leads to him thanking her for the honey. Even after he put her down and shouted at her.

The whole hangover o so horny thing is stupid. Maybe my hangovers were special, but the last thing I cared about was sex. I just wanted the sun and all other light to vanish forever and that all birds and living beings disappear.

- I endured all that until the restaurant, then I started skipping, because why bother with the engrish and the psycho MC without the right name.

The renders look really good and I guess there is potential in the game, but the writing has some major issues - in the end it is called visual NOVEL.

small stuff: get your style in line. You use 4 different fonts. Dialog, menu, stats icon, stats text. You could attach the stat icon the to top of the screen - now it just floats around.

Reactions: Content_Consumer

Jsd16

May 18, 2020
Avoidable and skippable are not one and the same , In avoidable we can prevent it from happening and In skippable it happens no matter what we do, we just wish not to see it .
Dev u r saying that every contraversial tag will be avoidable then in developer notes u contradict ur statement by saying if it is not avoidable then it will skippable ? Will it be avoidable or skippable ?
I'm okay with avoidable but against skipping the scene . It's not like I'm criticizing ur game , I would love to play ur game if it is avoidable but I'm wary of ur developer notes .

Last edited:

laeg15

May 24, 2021
1625389252077.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ok avoidable is not bad thing if we can prevent it from hapening, but it looks like dev is changing his ideas in progress...
Because i dont know what to expect from this new autor i will rather wait for few updates to see where he is going with game before start suporting...

Reactions: Hrithik7 and Jsd16

Harry6hp

Jan 17, 2020
Avoidable and skippable are not one and the same , In avoidable we can prevent it from happening and In skippable it happens no matter what we do, we just wish not to see it .
Dev u r saying that every contraversial tag will be avoidable then in developer notes u contradict ur statement by saying if it is not avoidable then it will skippable ? Will it be avoidable or skippable ?
I'm okay with avoidable but against skipping the scene . It's not like I'm criticizing ur game , I would love to play ur game if it is avoidable but I'm wary of ur developer notes .
completely avoidable
Dev said they are completely avoidable lets see what happens

Reactions: Father Confessor

memonto_mori

Aug 19, 2020
1625406293657.png There is an obvious difference in quality between this render and the others, how can I say, I think he was doing it with his giant friend, then it seems like he came to a disagreement and separated!!!

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
Tried this one for few minutes but had to stop because those text colored letters were giving me weird bleeding eyes for some reason o_O Are there any plans to change this or at least give us the player an option to change the text color in options?

Also just took a quick look at files and it seems you can optimize the images so it would not take much space with little quality lose, from 1st glance it should not take more then 400MB at 95% quality ratio with webp format.

Will look around if i can remedy this myself and play it then but still hope the dev considers doing this for future updates with this interesting EGame from what i see in op at least...

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I'm also confused by this "avoidable".

I don't speak English, but my translator says what in developer notes."Each tag is avoidable, if you don't like something, you have the option to SKIP"

So the question is...

AVOIDABLE, never happen in history?

OR Skippable/Skipable, you choose not to see, but will it happen anyway, only the player doesn't see?

orto23

Oct 16, 2018
Great game Father Confessor, love the story. Having someone else, other than the person you used, checking your English would greatly improve your game.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes