fun_master_BW

Apr 14, 2020
Just started with my last save from 0.8 but got an exception after leaving the room.

Do I need to restart again with the 0.9? The 0.8 save was a fresh start.

I can provide the save.

Somatra

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Just started with my last save from 0.8 but got an exception after leaving the room.

Do I need to restart again with the 0.9? The 0.8 save was a fresh start.

I can provide the save.
this version 0.9 it's the introduction of the random event system i have to modify the root files so the 0.8save won't be compatible.

fun_master_BW

Apr 14, 2020
this version 0.9 it's the introduction of the random event system i have to modify the root files so the 0.8save won't be compatible.
I understand your point on a technical level, a suggestion could be to provide a save for the finished version 0.8 as part of the release so it is not necessary to start from scratch. This is mostly a linear story anyway so one save would cover most of the possible paths.

By the way it would be helpful to include such a topic in the change log as well.

Thanks anyway for a very interesting game to avoid sounding to negative.

LoneRanger11

Jul 3, 2020
Somatra 1.0b
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you run into issues please use this thread or join us on !

We're crowdfunded, donations of any size would be greatly appreciated!
; .​

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Somatra [1.0.7b] Compressed (Half-Tested)

Win/Linux/Mac (1.4 GB/690 MB) : ,

Last edited:

AlexDark1027

Apr 8, 2018
Old saves are not compatiable with 1.0b ?
Every time I try to get on the bus, appears "I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred."

AlexDark1027

Apr 8, 2018
i don't know what it can be if you still have the save file I can test it for you.
Here is the save file.
Usually I just transport my progress between the versions: for example from v.0.8a to version v.0.9a and then to v.1.0b.
And generally there are no problems, so I`m confused too.

Please, test the file, but if nothing can be done, I`ll just play the game once more. :)

• Haha
Reactions: subaruXrem

odynson

Oct 14, 2017
This game is developing really good whit some great content but it stills lags like hell

Somatra

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
This game is developing really good whit some great content but it still lags like hell
I already did what I could to minimize the lag in the code by fractionating the game into small portions and making the renpy read only the place that your character is at moment and making the renpy remove the last place from the memory, in that time this makes the game run almost 3~4 times better, idk your pc specs but you can try a few things. launch the game press shift+G, disable the power save if you are using a notebook to play, and test it if the lag doesn't disappear you can try changing the renderer and go between all in the list, testing what render has better performance for you.

3.60 star(s) 14 Votes