Jul 2, 2017
Ok bet now, will the Update (we are currently 1 update cycle behind) will come out today or will sunset delay it to december ? (cause he wont be able to get another update out this year.)

HoneyLibido

Dec 14, 2020
It was mentioned that there would be a few updates by the end of the year
There should be one this month and one by December.

Most likely they will move it to January.

Hopefully we get this update today
Oh damn wasn't even aware of that one... Now a delay is definitely in the cards.

Reactions: Conrad-N7

armion82

Message Maven
Mar 28, 2017
It was mentioned that there would be a few updates by the end of the year
There should be one this month and one by December.

Most likely they will move it to January.

Hopefully we get this update today
I doubt we will see an update in January.
So far for 6 years there was never an update in January.
They simply will put a small update in December-like one character and bugs fix.
Or release normal size update in February.

Jul 2, 2017
I doubt we will see an update in January.
So far for 6 years there was never an update in January.
They simply will put a small update in December-like one character and bugs fix.
Or release normal size update in February.
that is true, but he changed his update cycle to bi monthly and still managed to be 1 whole update behind, further more the update that followed had the same amount of content the others had, while taking 2 month a break a year. Sometimes people fail to realize, that the amount of content you get each update is not much for 2 month of work.
I do know that their game code is nightmare fuel and updating or bugfixing is alot of work, but the actual content you get per update (3 Outfits for predrawn character) and 4-6 with facial variation could be done in 10 work days. Look at his streams, it takes him literally 1,5-2,5 hours to draw a full scene, with coloring. If you consider that and you are generous and add coding and 5 days for writing text, its around 15 days of work at max with 5-6 hours a day.
I dont want to shit on them, hell they made 1 of the best 18+ games out there, but I do get a bit salty for them changing their release cycle, while delaying updates and removing interesting stuff (danger level) the game.
If they are genuin working on this the coding had to become so bad they have to code and playtest it for up to 3 weeks and then a complete rebuild would make more sense.
Though I do have no rights to complain, because I stopped supporting them 2-3 years ago.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I doubt we'll see a December update either since SR7 typically does zero work in December. He took it off last year and I think the year before that too. That's how he wound up getting a two months behind in updates. I seem to recall there being two updates in the the first six months of the year.

Reactions: Cyberious

Henshinvolt

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2018
I doubt we'll see a December update either since SR7 typically does zero work in December. He took it off last year and I think the year before that too. That's how he wound up getting a two months behind in updates. I seem to recall there being two updates in the the first six months of the year.
Yeah a end of November release would have to be something like bend or break 2 (that is if anything else does get released)

• Sad
Reactions: Cyberious

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Previous two releases were released 1 week/7 days after the third teaser. The last teaser was one day late for this release so with that logic it could be today or tomorrow.
Don't expect logic from SR7. At any time it could enter another "testing phase" or be released half finished. Remember what he tried to get away with when he put out the Vixen update, or the months of releases with known, easily fixed bugs remaining in the game, or how every update in the first half of 2021 and most of 2020 were days or weeks late. The fact that the last update or two were kind of on time does not mean this one will be too. Expect it near the end of the month, be pleased if it comes out sooner. To do anything else is to invite disappointment.

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes