Oct 15, 2017
What delay announcement? They still claimed they'd be in the release window if you're talking about the one in which they said they were having problems with the Themyscira content.
Yes I was talking about the initial one where it said they ran into some issues with the Themyscira content and how I think their wording is suspicious.

moonlightking

Oct 1, 2017
Ngl, I'd be also treating my audience like absolute trash if they were this fucking stupid as to let literally EVERYTHING slide and pay me 17k+ a month just to sit on my ass for months doing fucking nothing and then crunch 6 fucking pictures and some trash dialogue in a week or so.

The fact that people PAY this lazy piece of shit during his January break and then keep paying him to have constant delays and to deliver a tiny droplet of content that nobody fucking asked for is insane. Themyscira is not going to be finished in 2023 - mark my words.
The best part is that he already had the content ith black canary and starfire. Like, we already have all of black canary scenes since november in this same forum, so he only had to do the themiscira content nobody asked about, starfire (which he already did prior to december) and the other girl MB content. Its obvious he has spent 3 months doing the bare minimum

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
Ngl, I'd be also treating my audience like absolute trash if they were this fucking stupid as to let literally EVERYTHING slide and pay me 17k+ a month just to sit on my ass for months doing fucking nothing and then crunch 6 fucking pictures and some trash dialogue in a week or so.

The fact that people PAY this lazy piece of shit during his January break and then keep paying him to have constant delays and to deliver a tiny droplet of content that nobody fucking asked for is insane. Themyscira is not going to be finished in 2023 - mark my words.
That's just the thing, his audience doesn't even let it slide. The vocal portion of the Something Unlimited user base present on GSG's discord and other socials have been groomed to only say what he wants them to. The people who speak up get banned, blocked, and removed from the patreon, and the ones that suck up get boosted. These morons don't let it slide... they straight up encourage it. Honestly it's actually pretty impressive how they've managed to cultivate an audience of sycophants.

genghis khan

May 21, 2020

17k a month??
*looks at college degree*
*cries*

sds800

Oct 2, 2021
Remember fellas if you made 17k a month wouldn't you try and milk as much while doing as little as possible? t hen cut updates in half so you can then cut the next update in half? this game wont be finished since updates keep getting cut in half. you know why? Money. people still pay even if there isn't any content that month or the next or the next. so its easy to just milk everything and release things slowly.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Keep in mind that the 17K a month is getting split multiple ways. There are two 'main' team members, and from what I could glean from the twitch stream interviews, there's a couple of other people also on the payroll. Also, there are apparently other projects being worked on as well, SU is still a 'mainstay' but not the only thing that GS Games is working on...

That being said, a fair amount of effort is being put into the social media angle to keep people interested as well. So SU isn't the only thing on the minds of the GS Games crew...

Of course, most people here obviously aren't supporting the GS Games Patreon, and are acquiring the game by other means instead of subscribing, but choose to bitch anyways.

Myself, yeah I've been around here for a while, and games getting delayed is pretty much the norm, a few developers keep tight release schedules but they are more the exception than the rule. And this is true of games in general. How many of your favorite AAA games have missed release dates, or were released with a number of issues that still needed to be fixed?

Not my job to defend GS Games, and I have no affiliation with them, but yeah just wanted to point out a couple of things. I'm looking forward to the next update when it finally drops, and if bugs are tripping things up, yeah it's better to fix what you can than having to deal with angry patrons afterwords. SU Unity already has too many bugs, we don't need more of those!

If you need a distraction in the meantime, check out the SU Sprite ReMix/ Fanart thread, which is getting close to 100 pages at this point, and a few of us are slowly making progress on that unofficial proof of concept SU ReImagined Ren'Py port thingie... which should have another update in the next day or so...

drea2

Sep 21, 2019
Myself, yeah I've been around here for a while, and games getting delayed is pretty much the norm,
It's not because it's the norm, that it means it's acceptable. And with this game it happens everytime.
However yeah, I still don't understand why this topic is so toxic when there is far worse project(lazy HS games with a release every 6 months for exemple) that get praised on all the comments.

WestSide23

Aug 10, 2018
Keep in mind that the 17K a month is getting split multiple ways. There are two 'main' team members, and from what I could glean from the twitch stream interviews, there's a couple of other people also on the payroll. Also, there are apparently other projects being worked on as well, SU is still a 'mainstay' but not the only thing that GS Games is working on...

That being said, a fair amount of effort is being put into the social media angle to keep people interested as well. So SU isn't the only thing on the minds of the GS Games crew...

Of course, most people here obviously aren't supporting the GS Games Patreon, and are acquiring the game by other means instead of subscribing, but choose to bitch anyways.

Myself, yeah I've been around here for a while, and games getting delayed is pretty much the norm, a few developers keep tight release schedules but they are more the exception than the rule. And this is true of games in general. How many of your favorite AAA games have missed release dates, or were released with a number of issues that still needed to be fixed?

Not my job to defend GS Games, and I have no affiliation with them, but yeah just wanted to point out a couple of things. I'm looking forward to the next update when it finally drops, and if bugs are tripping things up, yeah it's better to fix what you can than having to deal with angry patrons afterwords. SU Unity already has too many bugs, we don't need more of those!

If you need a distraction in the meantime, check out the SU Sprite ReMix/ Fanart thread, which is getting close to 100 pages at this point, and a few of us are slowly making progress on that unofficial proof of concept SU ReImagined Ren'Py port thingie... which should have another update in the next day or so...
I supported briefly when he put out the Yacht event and it seemed they were starting to put in actual effort, and it wasn't long before the bullshit came back and I pulled the plug on that. It's only gotten worse since then, extending to two months (and he can't even keep to that) didn't improve the quantity and quality of content and reaching the monetary goal to "add people to the team" hasn't changed anything either if it was even done. It's baffling to use the the social media angle when the communication is absolutely awful to the people funding the project, it's happening just right now.

Also that "you don't pay so you shouldn't criticize" becomes "well if you're not happy just stop paying lol" when the person does pay. We can't win with you people.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I supported briefly when he put out the Yacht event and it seemed they were starting to put in actual effort, and it wasn't long before the bullshit came back and I pulled the plug on that. It's only gotten worse since then, extending to two months (and he can't even keep to that) didn't improve the quantity and quality of content and reaching the monetary goal to "add people to the team" hasn't changed anything either if it was even done. It's baffling to use the the social media angle when the communication is absolutely awful to the people funding the project, it's happening just right now.

Also that "you don't pay so you shouldn't criticize" becomes "well if you're not happy just stop paying lol" when the person does pay. We can't win with you people.
INB4 payed shill, but you don't pay on a donations-based platform like Patreon

Hater Supreme

Apr 16, 2020

Here we go again...You're tripping if you think that constant delays and tiny droplets of content is a result of anything other than him and his cronies being lazy and putting in absolute minimum effort. He's only surpassed by the absolute shitstain that is the developer of Pure Onyx - that patreon is 100% a scam at this point. I used to support GSG, but dropped out after only 2 months because it became very clear that he's half-assing it and doesn't treat this like a job at all - I'd be shocked if he spent more than 20 hours a week actually working.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
Here we go again...You're tripping if you think that constant delays and tiny droplets of content is a result of anything other than him and his cronies being lazy and putting in absolute minimum effort. He's only surpassed by the absolute shitstain that is the developer of Pure Onyx - that patreon is 100% a scam at this point. I used to support GSG, but dropped out after only 2 months because it became very clear that he's half-assing it and doesn't treat this like a job at all - I'd be shocked if he spent more than 20 hours a week actually working.
You could draw the artwork yourself and make your own game, just sayin...

I'm seeing an average of over 100 sprites added to each SU Unity update, and even when 'just modifying' a number of those, that takes time... and who knows how many hours that SR7 spends trying to 'debug' the stuff he's setting up using Fungus...

There are over 11,000 sprites in SU 2.3.95 btw in case you were curious.

Hearing SS and SR7 talking about the SU Unity framework, it sounds like a house of cards that's ready to crash at any moment, which is why they've been adding new locations that don't rely the scheduler screens and such, to avoid those 'minefields' when they can.

Setting up new locations 'divorces' those locations from previous dependencies, so I can understand why SR7 is taking that approach by setting up Themyscira and such.

Fungus may be an 'easy' tool to use, but it's far from perfect. And from what I was able to glean from the twitch stream interview, SR7 is set in his ways, and likes to do things old school. Stubborn-ness and all that.

I don't consider over 100 new sprites in each update a 'trickle' just sayin... For some developers, that'd be considered a lot of work. And if SR7 needs to take two months off every year to recharge his creative juices, well he's been doing that for years now so it's not a mystery.

Again though, you've already dropped your Patreon support, and are now acquiring the games by other means, so you made your choice and no longer support them, which is how these things work. The Patrons that do still support GS Games know what they have 'bought in to' and that's their choice, not yours. As I pointed out, they are supporting the GS Games studio in it's various forms, not just SU Unity.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
I’ve spent a solid amount of time just trying to get the talk events done for Stargirl in the re:imagined version. I didn’t have to draw anything, I’m just fiddling with what is there. So just because he drew a thing months ago doesn’t mean it’s magically ready for play, it’s just the start. At least in my experience anyway.

Whatever, I’m having fun and fungus seems like real garbage

4.10 star(s) 159 Votes