Altaveritas

Aug 25, 2016
I guess since the game is on a 2 month cycle, Sunset is trying to do more inventive things with the game which is also breaking it? Maybe he should stick to the old formula for the next update to improve people's confidence.

Semetec

Jun 2, 2018
All my favorite characters have been left to languish. Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Black Canary, Huntress, even my second tier like Tala and Mercy. Characters from the very beginning. Instead we get yet another generic blonde teenager like Terra, and oh look new content for her that maybe gets her to par with where most characters have been sitting for years at this point.

geos_omega

Sep 18, 2017
I guess since the game is on a 2 month cycle, Sunset is trying to do more inventive things with the game which is also breaking it? Maybe he should stick to the old formula for the next update to improve people's confidence.
iirc they did that with one of the earlier 2 month builds and then used it as an excuse for the build being poor. So no I don't think that will help.

Semetec

Jun 2, 2018
Part of the problem is pretty clearly that Sunset was new to code when he started this, and I'm sure he's learned a lot - but people don't support him for his coding skills. They support for his art first, and maybe his writing. Hire a programmer, they can be totally invisible and spend as much time as they need cleaning the shit up while content pushes pay for the game to continue to exist.

geos_omega

Sep 18, 2017
$5 gets you early access to builds. Whose links are posted on sites like this within an hour or two of them being released to patrons. And it seems that SR7 and SS don't care to try to stop it.

Reactions: MilkShank

jimjet123

Nov 2, 2017
Part of the problem is pretty clearly that Sunset was new to code when he started this, and I'm sure he's learned a lot - but people don't support him for his coding skills. They support for his art first, and maybe his writing. Hire a programmer, they can be totally invisible and spend as much time as they need cleaning the shit up while content pushes pay for the game to continue to exist.
I personally think its more likely that as the game gets bigger and bigger, one single programmer can't really account for all the variables and potential bugs. This game has been in development for years now. Its no surprise that the piling content is overwhelming sunset. So i suggest at least a part time programmer to look through and proof read the code so the game won't be a shit show the next cycle.

Semetec

Jun 2, 2018
I personally think its more likely that as the game gets bigger and bigger, one single programmer can't really account for all the variables and potential bugs. This game has been in development for years now. Its no surprise that the piling content is overwhelming sunset. So i suggest at least a part time programmer to look through and proof read the code so the game won't be a shit show the next cycle.
That's fair. Same solution though - get help. Content builds like this on top of the change to 2 months are going to start bleeding them patrons fast. There's a reason indie game companies go through some tough times when they go from hobby project to real product. SU isn't just some little thing like the Korra Trainer anymore.

Sart94

Jun 6, 2017
Okay you cant use the card of I am a team of one person and claim is too much for a single person but keep adding unnecessary layers to the game now the progression to reach a handjob with a girl is Spank, Lesbian scene and leash ... .. when the vast majority that play this game fell in love with the game with the simple progression of Lois, return to basic Sunset that is the answer

Semetec

Jun 2, 2018
Okay you cant use the card of I am a team of one person and claim is too much for a single person but keep adding unnecessary layers to the game now the progression to reach a handjob with a girl is Spank, Lesbian scene and leash ... .. when the vast majority that play this game fell in love with the game with the simple progression of Lois, return to basic Sunset that is the answer
This! Lois still isn't done. LOIS. She's been in limbo for what, a year+ now?

Literally finish anything. One character. Show us what a completed progression is!

geos_omega

Sep 18, 2017
I don't think it's easy stopping the links from getting posted, so they're probably rolling with it.
You're right it's not easy stopping that. Which is why they might as well not have "early access to builds" listed as a reward for the $5 tier if they can't make good on it.

Reactions: mielle88

jimjet123

Nov 2, 2017
This! Lois still isn't done. LOIS. She's been in limbo for what, a year+ now?
As an artist myself i can vouch that burnout happens really often when you work on something for a long time, I don't hold any grudges against Sunset for wanting to add new characters just to have fun. Heck, i once burnout soo hard on a project in a span of 1 month that i canceled a client's contract. It's sad but it's the truth. I won't hold SS7 art accountable, but i will shit on the crappy programming all day if given the chance

Reactions: MilkShank
4.10 star(s) 158 Votes