goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
No i meant I unpacked the app its installed and everything but when I unpacked the mega download for the game there is no application button to launch the game.
I have no idea what that means.

Tell us, step by step, what you are doing, from opening the game's folder after 7zip unpacks the game.

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017

Tell us, step by step, what you are doing, from opening the game's folder after 7zip unpacks the game.
So I downloaded the game from the first page as a mega download its a 7z file. Then using ziprar or 7Z I unpacked the file into a new empty folder. I then go to that new folder which has a folder called SU 2.1.888 data, I open that and then there is just a bunch of files and other folders that I checked. Normally there is a file (application) that you click to launch the game, well here there no such thing, its just the game data with no way to launch it. Reminder I am using windows 10. Thanks

Last edited:

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017

Ok I think I found out what the problem is, essentially my computer fails to extract the exe file from the unpacked 7Z file. Don't know why it has never happened before.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
So I downloaded the game from the first page as a mega download its a 7z file. Then using ziprar or 7Z I unpacked the file into a new empty folder. I then go to that new folder which has a folder called SU 2.1.888 data, I open that and then there is just a bunch of files and other folders that I checked. Normally there is a file (application) that you click to launch the game, well here there no such thing, its just the game data with no way to launch it. Reminder I am using windows. Thanks
The game only comes with the _data and .exe (and .txt changelogs), so it probably is a problem with anti-virus.

Check the zip file to see if there's a exe file in the same folder and the _data folder, if yes, extract that file alone and see if you get a quarantine notification. If the file is still disapearing, check the the blocked files in your anti-virus or windows defender.

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017
The game only comes with the _data and .exe (and .txt changelogs), so it probably is a problem with anti-virus.

Check the zip file to see if there's a exe file in the same folder and the _data folder, if yes, extract that file alone and see if you get a quarantine notification. If the file is still disapearing, check the the blocked files in your anti-virus or windows defender.
Yeah its the exe file that isn't being created essentially it starts unpacked until 60 percent then just shutsdown with no message whatsoever. Tried turning defenders and anti virus off then unpacked didn't do it.

Marsup

Nov 19, 2017

Ok I found out what the problem was, apparently I didn't have enough disk space but power archiver didn't tell me that, just made some room unpacked with winrar and there wasnt any problem. Sorry for that thanks for the help. (Winrar told me what the problem was.)

KaiserST

Apr 5, 2017
1542732056968.png

The 2.1.9 Preview Post

As most of you know, SU's next major update is set to be released on November 30th. It'll be the first of our slated “completion” updates and will focus on finishing Terra's core content.
Today we're happy to announce that said content is officially complete and everyone can expect to see SU's first exhibition scene at the end of this month! Is the preview picture above part of that scene? You'll have to play to find out. ; )

A Brand New Process

With 2.1.9 we took the time to completely revamp SU's update development process. Before, additions were constantly being made to the game up to release day, sometimes even happening the day of release. The ever-increasing bug issue was a side effect of this development process, one that we received a lot of feedback on.
We decided to allow for testing time and, with 2.1.9, have started completing updates two weeks prior to their release in order to give us more time to test. Yep, the entire update's content is already done and being tested right now! Hopefully, this will help us significantly cut down on bugs during updates launches and it'll be a process we'll continue to refine and improve moving forward.

Changes like this don’t come easily. This update cycle had to be crammed in a shorter than usual window in order for us to get on this new schedule, which is why Sunset has been in crunch mode recently and unable to stream as much as he would be liked. We hope many of you understand this when checking out the changelog come November 30th.
We hope you enjoy the preview picture and thanks for reading,
Gunsmoke Games

Gotta say I'm pretty happy with the news that @Gunsmoke Games heard our criticism and started doing something about the ever incresing number of bugs. Also I'm quite curious about finally seeing what the exhibition stuff is about.

Hyped to 2.1.9 !!!

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
So I downloaded the game from the first page as a mega download its a 7z file. Then using ziprar or 7Z I unpacked the file into a new empty folder. I then go to that new folder which has a folder called SU 2.1.888 data, I open that and then there is just a bunch of files and other folders that I checked. Normally there is a file (application) that you click to launch the game, well here there no such thing, its just the game data with no way to launch it. Reminder I am using windows. Thanks
Ok I think I found out what the problem is, essentially my computer fails to extract the exe file from the unpacked 7Z file. Don't know why it has never happened before.
Your antivirus probably quarantined the app.

TabooGood

Mar 28, 2018
I really enjoy this so far, the artstyle is great and so are the scenes. The dialogues with captured heroines can get a little tideous sometimes, Vixen and Starfire are a bit more interesting since they had their own little "thing" but going between several heroines in a row and hearing Luthor give the same explanation several times wasn't much fun. Other than that it's a really fun game.

Is there anywhere I can check how much of a characters content is implemented in the current version? For example I can't seem to get any further than stripping with Batgirl and I'm not sure if it's because there is no more or if I'm doing something wrong.

Reactions: IReallyLikeBacon
D

Deleted member 1016414

How does one update the game without losing save files

Djunk101

Oct 15, 2018
How does one update the game without losing save files
Just download the new version, save files are automatically carried over. Basically, the game store save files in an external folder each version of the game uses as a resource. Unless they say otherwise for a new update, you'll be fine.

Reactions: KaiserST
D

Deleted member 1016414

Just download the new version, save files are automatically carried over. Basically, the game store save files in an external folder each version of the game uses as a resource. Unless they say otherwise for a new update, you'll be fine.
where are the save files located

Sep 24, 2017
We decided to allow for testing time and, with 2.1.9, have started completing updates two weeks prior to their release in order to give us more time to test. Yep, the entire update's content is already done and being tested right now! Hopefully, this will help us significantly cut down on bugs during updates launches and it'll be a process we'll continue to refine and improve moving forward.
so wait... if they get the bugfixes all done early... will they release early or wait till the end of the month to release?

4.10 star(s) 158 Votes