Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Thats why I said probably. Yeah, I dont have any experience with MTL so my bad. But isnt manual Jap locale is better than emulator locale Jap? Maybe I should try download the game and test on my machine(not using emulator btw)? But please give the save where the error occured.
Manually changing your locale is better IMHO. but I also have a locale emulator on just in case. That could also be the reason I don't see the errors. Regardless thank you for mentioning locale in the first place, I've gotten so used to shit just working with how I have things set up I almost forgot locale was a thing to consider. Although most locale related issues are more obvious, it is possible that locale is the root cause. Ill try and test it.

michika

Jun 13, 2017
Manually changing your locale is better IMHO. but I also have a locale emulator on just in case. That could also be the reason I don't see the errors. Regardless thank you for mentioning locale in the first place, I've gotten so used to shit just working with how I have things set up I almost forgot locale was a thing to consider. Although most locale related issues are more obvious, it is possible that locale is the root cause. Ill try and test it.
Godspeed and you probably wanna ask the people in thread who actually play the raw if they had encountered any errors like these. Though people mentioned about the download part fault so maybe the game got corrupted when uploaded which the case why its only occured to some people.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Okay, So I've done more extensive testing. Talked to everyone in town, entered the cave and fought monsters extensively. No crashes. I'm more then confident at this time the problem is local to anyone having it and much like Michika suggested, make sure you are using proper locale settings or a locale emulator while playing.

cocomiel1

Jun 18, 2018
I played this when it first comes out. Preggo is ending only iirc. The game is just a job sim. The end goal is having enough money to leave the town.
i thought the end goal was to become the dirtiest slut in town
i agree, money is hard to earn and everything is expensive. is a simulator of capitalism itself xD

LEET

May 29, 2017
i thought the end goal was to become the dirtiest slut in town
i agree, money is hard to earn and everything is expensive. is a simulator of capitalism itself xD
Your goal is to collect the fragments then book it out of town. Stay any longer and you find out why all the women were gone and why the men weren't fucking each other yet.

VEHX

Jun 14, 2018
I have no problems starting the game. There is something wrong on your end causing this. I made a list of things you can try above a few posts ago. Try those.
mine started right at the start of the game. Cant even get to the menu screen.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
mine started right at the start of the game. Cant even get to the menu screen.
Like I said the problem is on your end. Make sure you are using a locale emulator, or switch your locale settings on your computer to Japanese, The problem is 100% not the game.

Feb 17, 2018
nopy link - could launch with locale emu only, skip OP in the beginning led me to the invalidstateerror mentioned by others. mega link - worked fine even without locale emu. haven`t spent much time inside the game, just some chit-chat with NPCs and recollection room. everything worked fine

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
I have my settings set to japanese locale but it still gets an error when I exit the main house or when I try to play the OP. When I change the keyboard settings in my taskbar to JP it seems to work normally. Weird, I dont think ive ever had to change that for a game before.

EDIT: Even with that set, it still seems to break in areas.

Last edited:

Asura

Jun 3, 2017
can anyone help me plz..
Have the same problem to, any solutions ?
I got the same issue from the mega link. Try NOPY link.
Where are you getting the issue? on boot?
try nopy link but same error..ㅠ.ㅠ
Right after I defeated the first monster that screen popped up on my game.
same error anyone who knows why?
I just reinstalled the game without setting name locale to jap in rar and not using locale emulator. This is not important.
Then as usual I added rpgmv cheat menu and speedhack, simply installing them has not caused any errors so far but the moment i enable speedhack and its hooks the game shows the error after some time. Should I not use the speedhack the error does not pop up at the hot springs where I originally got the error nor does it show up at the well. Try to see if this solves the problem if you are using either of these tools. I downloaded from mega so its probably not a download error.

Sep 28, 2018
Hmm, it should be obvious if you want to play these type of game you need to apply locale Jap. Moreover, if it MTL. These random errors are probably from the MTL.
While true it should be obvious, some people might not usually play these types of games and might usually stick with the plethora of 3dcg games that don't oft require using JP locale like these games do, so it's always worth asking and making sure they are actually using the JP locale since not using it can sometimes explain the errors some users run into.

asasa1234

Jan 12, 2018
I just reinstalled the game without setting name locale to jap in rar and not using locale emulator. This is not important.
Then as usual I added rpgmv cheat menu and speedhack, simply installing them has not caused any errors so far but the moment i enable speedhack and its hooks the game shows the error after some time. Should I not use the speedhack the error does not pop up at the hot springs where I originally got the error nor does it show up at the well. Try to see if this solves the problem if you are using either of these tools. I downloaded from mega so its probably not a download error.
I had the same error at startup from both the nopy and mega download. My system is already running japanese locale. Running the game in compatibility mode (Windows 7) and unblocking it seems to have solved it for me. I have not seen the unblocking thing before, but when I opened the properties for the game.exe, at the bottom of the properties (below the hidden and read-only toggles) there was an additional toggle with the description "this file has come from another computer and has been blocked for your safety. unblock it if you are sure it is safe".

Reactions: ninenie
1.70 star(s) 3 Votes