Ren'Py Abandoned Sophie [v0.1] [Tasty Games]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

AxelKoch

Aug 28, 2017
The artistic rendering looks nice.

The story is predictable and generic, but Adult VN aren't really there to tell riveting tales of drama and love.

The one complain that I have thus far is the daughter's "daddy" shtick which is a bit overdone. I think you could portray a loving daughter archetype without having to rely on spamming the word "daddy".

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Yevaud6

Aug 25, 2016
does this game not work for anyone else? I download any version and it tells me the file is corrupt and only has the .exe in the file before I even attempt to extract it. All links I've tried are 304 MB large. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to use something besides WinRAR?

Last edited:

215303j

Looks good so far. Nice to see somebody writing proper English sentences... And D looks spot on IMO.

Only thing I'm not sure of is what impact the choices you make have...
A visible stat system like DmD would be a good think IMO.

Reactions: HunterSeeker

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
Looks good so far. Nice to see somebody writing proper English sentences... And D looks spot on IMO.

Only thing I'm not sure of is what impact the choices you make have...
A visible stat system like DmD would be a good think IMO.
Now I'm not so sure that they are going to be really used in the game like check points. However there are at least 2 variables (trust and love) changing with your choices.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
To see those "bonus" scenes Daring==7. It means, Daring value has to be exactly 7. That could be a bad solution in case it would be possible to get that value higher at the checkpoint. But in this case in this game I guess it's not, so it's not a problem... yet.
But renders are really good, Sophie is very beautiful and the story isn't bad so far.
I'll be waiting for the next version. Meanwhile, the aforementioned extended preview would be really nice.

Reactions: Cirro84

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Any way to see your "daring" score?
I went for
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Not sure what could be considered "more daring".
You can look at the variables on Renpy debugging console Shift+D. In case the shortcut key is not working you'd have to unlock it first. You can use Unren.bat script to do that the easy way:

Also, you can just read the script.rpy text file to find the "right" choices in every menu. In this demo script.rpy hasn't been removed before publishing the game. Renpy scripts are very easy to read and understand, you don't need any special skill set to do that. Plain old English language will suffice.

Reactions: Cirro84
Sep 12, 2017
It seems that in every game they go to the same store, and then later go to the same swimming pool. It's starting to get repetitive. It would be nice if they could actually model something themselves. But i suppose that's too much to ask of these patreon cash grab version 0.0001's.

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
It seems that in every game they go to the same store, and then later go to the same swimming pool. It's starting to get repetitive. It would be nice if they could actually model something themselves. But i suppose that's too much to ask of these patreon cash grab version 0.0001's.
These games are mostly done by amateurs. Creating assets from scratch isn't so easy and adds much more dev time and potential costs. Using pre-made assets is a practical solution, so I personally have no issue with it. If you think it's a cash grab, just don't put money into the game.

Reactions: vir_cotto

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
you guys should request the extended in the Game Request section

seeing as how dev only has 16 patreons, I don't think we'll see it here very fast unless we have someone willing to pledge.

Tramall

Jul 9, 2017
I am a patreon for this project, the Dev is very active and has plans for this, I pledged to this project specifically because the quality is just much better than most, the details are great, the extended version isn't much longer, but the attention to detail in the renders I think is very well done. It's too bad so many of these have come out and failed or were abandoned, it makes it very difficult for the skilled Devs that we want to see content from to actually get support.

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes