Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So she's never once met a person from outside of her world? I find that a little hard to believe with how hard she was talking about how much she wanted to be normal and act like a normal person. That implies she has some idea what normal is and she knows she is not it. It also implies she'd have some reason to be suspicious or at least weirded out by Alexander's lack of response to magic and killing both.
No, all that is also explained.

She didn't want to be normal she just didn't want to be controlled. She was never allowed to make her own choices and had to do everything she was told.

They never had anything to do with the world outside of magic.

Rex Blue

Oct 26, 2018
No, all that is also explained.

She didn't want to be normal she just didn't want to be controlled. She was never allowed to make her own choices and had to do everything she was told.

They never had anything to do with the world outside of magic.
Fair enough, my bad.

The game needed some sort of lampshading on Alexander's emotional problems, though. Maybe a conversation between the nuns about it, or one between Alexander's boss and his friend remarking on it. All I know is that I was remarkably put off by Alexander's lack of emotional response to frankly traumatic events. I could overlook it easily if a single other character would acknowledge it.

It might also suggest that Japanese magical girl wasn't the best person (from a narrative standpoint) to introduce him to magical bullshit. If we've got two people with no idea how normal humans respond to typically world shaking events, it really loses a lot of its impact.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
She's doesn't express concern about him killing men
Day 2
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
He's a cold killer that doesn't feel anything, she doesn't explain why she kill
Day 4
He doesn't feel anything also Day 4

Reactions: John Ness and c3p0

Rex Blue

Oct 26, 2018
She's doesn't express concern about him killing men
Day 2
He's a cold killer that doesn't feel anything, she doesn't explain why she kill
Day 4
He doesn't feel anything also Day 4
The day two scene is not her expressing concern. Concern would be "and you're okay with this?" This is the two of them commenting on a fight to the death, not dealing with its consequences. Then again, as previously mentioned, maybe neither of them are aware there are normally emotional ramifications to fights to the death.

The first day four scene doesn't demonstrate that he feels anything about fighting or killing. It does explain why Miyuki is fine with it though.

I did mention the second day four scene. It seemed remarkably tame given that he just executed a pair of men, and Alexander was back to business after just moments. Honestly, maybe the medium cheapened that scene to me more than it deserved. Alexander could have been emotionally overwhelmed for minutes rather than seconds. Technically the speed to which I clicked the mouse determined how quickly he got over it.

I guess my mistake was assuming Miyuki was in any way aware of what a normal person should think or feel. It makes it hard to emotionally sympathize with characters when everyone is acting like a goddamn alien though. That's why so many stories have an "everyman" style character, a guy who the audience is supposed to identify with and experience the story through in many ways. They aren't always the main character, but they're generally introduced very early on. I guess I assumed that was Miyuki and was dead wrong.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
-rubs temples- It's a complete novel, he doesn't read it all, then bitches about everything. Guys, your just feeding him at this point.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
The day two scene is not her expressing concern. Concern would be "and you're okay with this?" This is the two of them commenting on a fight to the death, not dealing with its consequences. Then again, as previously mentioned, maybe neither of them are aware there are normally emotional ramifications to fights to the death.

The first day four scene doesn't demonstrate that he feels anything about fighting or killing. It does explain why Miyuki is fine with it though.

I did mention the second day four scene. It seemed remarkably tame given that he just executed a pair of men, and Alexander was back to business after just moments. Honestly, maybe the medium cheapened that scene to me more than it deserved. Alexander could have been emotionally overwhelmed for minutes rather than seconds. Technically the speed to which I clicked the mouse determined how quickly he got over it.

I guess my mistake was assuming Miyuki was in any way aware of what a normal person should think or feel. It makes it hard to emotionally sympathize with characters when everyone is acting like a goddamn alien though. That's why so many stories have an "everyman" style character, a guy who the audience is supposed to identify with and experience the story through in many ways. They aren't always the main character, but they're generally introduced very early on. I guess I assumed that was Miyuki and was dead wrong.
I'll simply put it to you this way.
You come on my property and attempt physical harm to me or others who are either close to me or whose protection I consider my responsibility, you'll meet with whatever force is need to eliminate you as a threat, and your survival, if considered at all, is at best a secondary concern.

If you take personal protection classes where potentially deadly force is involved, you are trained to apply maximum counter force immediately. Eliminate the threat as expediently as possible. Period.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Generally speaking, the issue with the stories I write is that failure means death 95% time because you go against other people (or beings) of power who, if we are honest, don't have any reason to keep the MC alive, and I'm not the type to write "stupid evil" in the sense that they monologue long enough for reinforcements to arrive, no they kill and move on. The remaining 5%? 4% of it is crippling injury and 1% is survival via divine intervention, which you don't really want to use more than once per story, at best.

This paints the characters as "hyper competent" easily, and due to the nature of interactivity, failure states can be negated by making the right choice. Now, I don't have problems killing major characters either. But again due to the nature of the medium, being interactive, there is 0 reason for me not to offer the path where the deaths can be avoided. Alexander can die several times due to wrong choices (day 8, 13, 17 (linked to, day 13), 28 (thereabout), 33/34, 35, and even on day 37 from the top of my head).

Then there is the issue of time, the stories don't pace themselves the main characters' time, they are on a global clock so to say. Events will march forward regardless, had the MC been injured at any point, Tamara would have still gone through her plans. Either failing or succeeding and in the latter case probably come back to kill the MC for failing her. Could such a branch be written? Sure, it's just writing, but it wasn't in the scope of the story I wanted to tell. Although, it might make an interesting story in itself. Hmmm... Something to think about.

And Arigon Garrett wasn't cut off from his emotions, he just doesn't know how to display them. There are more instances of him showing emotions in TRS2 as he is learning to express them (one notable being sorrow of sorts if he had kids with Naelae). Half of a lifetime of conditioning isn't easy to shake, no matter what.
Hi Talothral I got a question about future games that share a setting like TRS2: will I need the save from the first game? or like choose what was our choices on the previous game(the important ones like having children), or will it be just a "default" state for the universe, or even just a story in the same universe but with different characters so the iteractions wouldn't really need to account for our previous choices and knowlege?

Sorry for the barrage of question just want to know if I should start on a second playthrough of both games, thanks in advance and I can't wait for what comes next(actually, I can, you should take your time)

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Hi Talothral I got a question about future games that share a setting like TRS2: will I need the save from the first game? or like choose what was our choices on the previous game(the important ones like having children), or will it be just a "default" state for the universe, or even just a story in the same universe but with different characters so the iteractions wouldn't really need to account for our previous choices and knowlege?

Sorry for the barrage of question just want to know if I should start on a second playthrough of both games, thanks in advance and I can't wait for what comes next(actually, I can, you should take your time)
I personally prefer having some sort of "canon start" and "custom start" option over save games since there might be some time between games that share the setting and not everyone might be willing to go through an older game just to start with a new one. That, and that is something that should be planned ahead, which neither TRS nor Sorcerer was planned with. TRS2 features this custom start option already, granted it only asks who you slept with simply because if you failed at any point there wouldn't be a sequel.

But in the case of Sorcerer, the list is relatively short.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
I personally prefer having some sort of "canon start" and "custom start" option over save games since there might be some time between games that share the setting and not everyone might be willing to go through an older game just to start with a new one. That, and that is something that should be planned ahead, which neither TRS nor Sorcerer was planned with. TRS2 features this custom start option already, granted it only asks who you slept with simply because if you failed at any point there wouldn't be a sequel.

But in the case of Sorcerer, the list is relatively short.

thanks again, yeah I prefeer that as well since I can pretty much remember 80% of the plot and my choices wouldn't be much different today than they were in the past so it saves time.

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
-rubs temples- It's a complete novel, he doesn't read it all, then bitches about everything. Guys, your just feeding him at this point.
Yes my bad, I thought at this point he would be able to understand why he was wrong, rethink entirely about what he wrote and reflect that he was writing stupid remarks about two persons that where trained to deal with their own emotions after being forced to take action toward hostile forces with killing intents.
And in particular to not being overwhelmed by said emotions in order to not let their powers go wild and kill them without control, respectively Miyuki thanks to a hard train by her clan and Alexander thanks to the spell casted by Maria years before when the same power growing uncontrollably due to his lack of control on his emotions almost killed him.
I really thought that a normal person would recognize his errors, go back to play the entire game and understand why Alexander is not a cold killer with mental problems unable to cope with them and came back apologising to Talothral for his behaviour and stop with the whining.
But I was proven wrong, I apologise to everyone, sorry now I need to put another troll on the ignore list, sigh...:rolleyes:

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Yes my bad, I thought at this point he would be able to understand why he was wrong, rethink entirely about what he wrote and reflect that he was writing stupid remarks about two persons that where trained to deal with their own emotions after being forced to take action toward hostile forces with killing intents.
And in particular to not being overwhelmed by said emotions in order to not let their powers go wild and kill them without control, respectively Miyuki thanks to a hard train by her clan and Alexander thanks to the spell casted by Maria years before when the same power growing uncontrollably due to his lack of control on his emotions almost killed him.
I really thought that a normal person would recognize his errors, go back to play the entire game and understand why Alexander is not a cold killer with mental problems unable to cope with them and came back apologising to Talothral for his behaviour and stop with the whining.
But I was proven wrong, I apologise to everyone, sorry now I need to put another troll on the ignore list, sigh...:rolleyes:
I've spent a lot of time watching trolling online, in my younger days I use to Moderate on the IGN boards in it's infancy, so I'm fairly good at spotting it. But like you, I try and give folks a chance and ignore that voice in back my head going...pssst he's trolling, you know that right? But yer all good Dylan.

Reactions: Dylan741

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
I've spent a lot of time watching trolling online, in my younger days I use to Moderate on the IGN boards in it's infancy, so I'm fairly good at spotting it. But like you, I try and give folks a chance and ignore that voice in back my head going...pssst he's trolling, you know that right? But yer all good Dylan.
Thank you JJ I should have stopped when I read your first post about and ignore him immediately, I really hoped it would be possible to reason with him, sadly I was horribly wrong.
I learned a lesson for the future if anything else. :)

Arigon

Engaged Member
Aug 27, 2020
Answer the more important question first and... yes.

I've always loved unique models and for years very few games gave me that. The closest to anything "out there" was Reluctant Archon with the female Orc model.

So imagine my joy at finding Terminus and nearly all the LI's being alien and looking it. We see aliens in most games and they are basically human green or blue skin. I can't complain, I know most won't like what I like so it's never bothered me but seeing the aliens of Terminus was awesome for me.

Not only that but Nova is a fucking goddess.

Then Sorcerer came.

To go with "out there" things there are my 2 main kinks, women with muscle and older women. So this gives me Li as a fuck buddy and damn right i'm having me some of that. Not only that i've got demons, gorgons, trolls, pixies and old woman orgies.

Then there is Dagna.

Huge muscle woman, oh yes fucking please. Leader of the demon hunters, another muscle woman. Not as hot as Dagna but for a second playthrough sex session I won't complain.

Lets just say if they had also given me the option of having a female protag I would have needed shares in Duracell for the amount of batteries I would have gone through.

It's been a while since I read this part so may misremember the conversation but with him being a latent sorcerer they were worried about him awakening and being a danger to everyone around him.

I believe it was Maria that cut his emotions off so he wouldn't be ruled by them and be able to look at things logically. Kind of like a magically powered Vulcan (nerd bitch, oh yes I am).

So they blocked his magic and severed his emotions and got angry at his Dragon which was mean.
Ginger Snaps
Ginger's Snap
Gingers love em some exotic snatch!
I love it!

• Haha
Reactions: Avaron1974

Fred689

Jan 11, 2022
At the choice (somewhere at beginning of the game) where we can choose between the Gorgons and the Association, I took the Gorgons and did their playthrough.
Is it worthwhile also to do a playthrough with the Association, I mean are there alot of unseen scenes or is more skipping till the end?

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
At the choice (somewhere at beginning of the game) where we can choose between the Gorgons and the Association, I took the Gorgons and did their playthrough.
Is it worthwhile also to do a playthrough with the Association, I mean are there alot of unseen scenes or is more skipping till the end?
It's different but nonetheless is good, I don't want to spoil you anything but it's worth to play, even though I enjoyed more the non human path personally. :)

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Although I personally prefer siding with the lovely snake ladies doing a playthrough allying with the Association is totally worthwhile - just imagine the potential ruffled feathers with certain demon-hunter allies realizing you hang out with a certain demon lady. I'd say go for it.

Reactions: Fred689
4.40 star(s) 141 Votes