Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
For whatever this is worth, fan fiction can easily span from this:
She is dealing with a host of angels, kind a like Constantine,
where we see the real Gabi whenever she insinuated herself into men of the church, the fact she was made in the immage of a woman but chose to inhabit male bodies, yeah,
so there it was, she has a demoness like throne room with slave girls all over,
kind a like what Tammy described her own ordeal of becoming a demon,
being meat to the slaughter of angels for their tainted savior arrival.

Constantine was such a great spoof on Heaven and Hell, as even Lucy would not have
his son run amock on the earth like the antichrist.

Digression over, getting back to this game and the early demoness hired by angel host to kidnap a spell caster who happened to be one of the pillars of existence.

The game actually does no shortage of overpowered renditions as MC is saved by Miu spirit.
The wonderful goddess of the shrine who would have no doubt extended her help
much more overtly and much more poignant should it be her own guardian sorceress
heaving to deal with some lowly lich posession, she would have vanquished that lich vermin
as she would be permitted to actually posess her guardian and show her wrath.

The shy and abrupt encounter she has with MC and the way she so easily was there the whole time, to the aid of some angel protegee, makes this game so much more enjoyable by mixing panteons and showing the forces of good from all planes and ideals come together to fight
and keep this fragile status quo where MC gets to have such a wonderful life.

Onetogo

Jul 16, 2019
Okay so, yeah, her. She was... a hireling that was hired to deal with Miyuki's capture, who might or might not make an appearance one day, depends did she manage to escape Marcus's wrath in the end. And partially why she isn't in the epilogue is because I forgot her existence after one and a half years.

There were in a sense three plotlines running parallel to each other. The "main" aka getting rid of Malachai, the company, and the world. The attacks on the Great Houses were part of the "world" plotline so to say, it partially exists to show that the world is living and things don't only happen to the MC and his happy not so little harem.

There were some things that crossed each other in non-obvious ways at times, it was mostly a "happy coincidence" that a potentially awakening sorcerer was delivering an Egyptian ring to a lich, forgot did have the diadem there right now, but at least a ring. And no one stopped to ask why the lich wanted a new body. Without the MC, Mei would be the new body for the lich right now. Thus what would he do with the new body, outside of probably locking himself into a room with a mirror for a month or two, but that's beside the point. The lich was part of both company (the delivery, who was the customer who ordered it) and the world plotline (trigger for Alexander's awakening, and the question "why"). Two of those were seen, the delivery and awakening. The other two? Well, this isn't my first rodeo on creating something that spans multiple installations, I know that there needs to be left some threads open so you can return more easily, and give the readers moments of "ooooh it meant that!".
Thank you for the reply and explanation.

Reactions: Talothral

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1665594636121.png

One of the lessons I learned from doing Sorcerer is to never underestimate the value of a pet (or familiar). I don't do narration because it's a visual medium, show, don't tell. This has been the core of what I have done since TRS1. Inner thoughts are a certain kind of narration; personally, it doesn't fit 3rd person renders much. Having a pet (or familiar) you can talk to opens up a different way to expose the inner thoughts when needed. And this? It's just to test various creatures I have to see what would work.

1665594677489.png

And then this... Clothing design. DForce is awesome when it works, but when you do a lot of renders in a sequence, let's say, a fight scene. Every time you move your characters with dForce clothing, such as cloaks, you need to run it. For one character in a scene? No problem; if it isn't exploding, it's relatively quick. Two characters? Ehh... doable. But eventually, it just piles up, and dForcing takes longer than the actual rendering. So, you have to look for clothes that don't necessarily require it. And then there are the other things to consider, the character itself, is he/she a noble? Peasant? Warrior? Commoner? Then there is personality, which affects how we choose our clothes. So, all things considered, lot's of trial and error.

Roxy007

May 4, 2021
View attachment 2097298

One of the lessons I learned from doing Sorcerer is to never underestimate the value of a pet (or familiar). I don't do narration because it's a visual medium, show, don't tell. This has been the core of what I have done since TRS1. Inner thoughts are a certain kind of narration; personally, it doesn't fit 3rd person renders much. Having a pet (or familiar) you can talk to opens up a different way to expose the inner thoughts when needed. And this? It's just to test various creatures I have to see what would work.

View attachment 2097299

And then this... Clothing design. DForce is awesome when it works, but when you do a lot of renders in a sequence, let's say, a fight scene. Every time you move your characters with dForce clothing, such as cloaks, you need to run it. For one character in a scene? No problem; if it isn't exploding, it's relatively quick. Two characters? Ehh... doable. But eventually, it just piles up, and dForcing takes longer than the actual rendering. So, you have to look for clothes that don't necessarily require it. And then there are the other things to consider, the character itself, is he/she a noble? Peasant? Warrior? Commoner? Then there is personality, which affects how we choose our clothes. So, all things considered, lot's of trial and error.
Which game is this photo from?

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1666042123951.png
As the current incest NTR civil war - game of thrones series - features bigger dragons,
dev felt inspired:” I wanted to render it for the sake of it. ”

1666042248227.png

some stuff I did for fun. This doesn't have any relevance to anything at the moment. I just wanted to render some mechs. Also, I like that environment, for what it is, it is really lightweight.

1666042303109.png

And then there is this. Actually, no idea, just one of those things that popped randomly into my head that I had to make as a render. Although I've never made a render with that particular fairy model before, it's a good test to see if I can render it. And stating the obvious, yeah, I can, with enough VRAM to spare for two or so more figures in the scene.

Although, it also illustrates a point about dForce that I dislike, other than the bag clipping through his leg *sighs*. Lack of basic morphs for the clothing. A lot of times, it would be easier if you could have something like a basic sitting morph. This angle doesn't show the bottom half of the tunic clipping through the tree stump. Sure, if you mess around with the timeline, you CAN make it look perfect, but there are times when you are producing something, you have to ask, can I do it in a different way? The obvious solution is to make him stand, but how would that change the dynamic of the scene? Having him sit down creates a more relaxed image and puts the viewer at ease that at least now there isn't some monster coming to bite the heads off. But I'm rambling.

1666042334290.png

To be fair, you've seen similar renders before, partially because they are easy to do, look spectacular, and are general-purpose enough not to give spoilers on anything I've planned story-wise. Maybe.

So why I'm showing this one? Remember earlier when I said that the clothes the mage is wearing aren't most likely what she ends up using because of the constant dForce requirement on them? I was wrong. Those are hers. Over the past week or so, between posing, writing, rendering, and making some other stuff, I've been trying around 15 clothing sets for her, but none of them fit. Sure they looked good, but they weren't hers. This is one of those moments where the first intuition was correct. Initially, when I created her, I just, without thinking, put that set of clothing on her.

Chrisdarock19

Oct 15, 2018
Can someone reupload Compress version ? Mega link is down and MixDrop fails for me
You could always quote the message to alert the compressor like this:
Sorcerer [v1.0.0] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 9.34 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 2.40 GB: - MEGA
Compressed Size Mac: 2.39 GB: - MEGA

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Or name the person by typing @ then their name, this would let JokerLeader know you required their help. They'll get to it as soon as they can.

Reactions: JokerLeader

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Can someone reupload Compress version ? Mega link is down and MixDrop fails for me
You could always quote the message to alert the compressor like this:

Or name the person by typing @ then their name, this would let JokerLeader know you required their help. They'll get to it as soon as they can.
I've added a new host for PC, I will add a new one for mac a bit later

Reactions: Chrisdarock19

fitzjmm

Mar 23, 2022
Is this really only half finished even though it says completed? I got back to the house and day 31 ended the game on me.

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Is this really only half finished even though it says completed? I got back to the house and day 31 ended the game on me.
the game isnt half finished, its completed like the tag says, the dev might do a sequel after he finishes Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Think of it as episode/book 1 of a series, talothral has said that they plan on coming back to it, but first he is going to complete Terminus Reach: Sentinel 2 and perhaps do another story after that. Since he has planned on not working on the same title twice in a row, so as not to burn out on the setting. I think he has mentioned in his patreon about thinking of doing another fantasy setting and basically take turns with those three, if i'm not completely mistaken.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Any chance you are on Mac? That would explain why it would end on day 31 since the mac builds in here are only until day 31, you can get the full mac version from the blog.

Reactions: John Ness

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1667334871738.png

A lot of my DAZ budget goes to two things, environments and effects. Effects are something that could be done in post, but unfortunately, I'm not that graphically gifted. And it's one of the reasons why the UI is a basic ren'py one, other than the reason I like the simplicity of it, is that I simply suck at graphical work. Sure I can pull decent renders, which is why my effect library is... large. Granted, sometimes I simply forget that I have something I could use.
1667334894104.png
And environments, there is some repetition in there. I probably have two or three different castle ruins. But that's kind of the point. At least there is some variation if I need to use more than one in a singular story. Also, both of these renders were done to test the environments mostly. Sure I could just render them without anything else, but why? I've pulled 400+ SciFi-related renders in the past two weeks, so well, my mind wants to have a change of scenery once in a while. The highlands I like, the castle ruins are... okay, I'm not a fan of the grass, although it looks awesome. It makes difficult to position the figures with it as it is attached permanently to the ground. Of course, I can hide them from the surface parameters, but that carries a risk that you simply forget to show the grass. Says the guy who recently forgot to make the couch visible for 15 renders... and it was a prop.

Anyway, have a nice weekend, you all, and I'll keep working on stuff in the background.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1667843228237.png

Like all creators, I'm not immune to writers, artist blocks, or whatever, or the occasional "do I have to?" moments. However, I also know that for me, waiting for them to go over will never end well. Amusingly enough, doing random renders helps. And this was just a random render without too much meaning behind it.

1667843280537.png

And then there is this, I just wanted to do it out of the blue. I could probably ramble on about few things at the moment, but I'll leave that to some other time.

Pretty neat our dev is getting ”familiar” with all sorts a familiars: a tree, a winged monkey.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1667843434029.png

Over the years I've done this, I've bought things that I've simply forgotten that I had. One of them is the environment used in this render. When I buy materials, I look into the future and what I want to do. Right now, I buy very few SciFi items as is, as I have all that I need to complete TRS2. I'm more looking for things that I can use in fantasy, both "pure" and "urban" versions. And some things that go beyond that. Thus, I sometimes just forget that I have X, and then I stumble over them and ask, "when did I get this?" However, I have a list of them in my notebook for the scenes that come to mind when I initially see them. It's just that I don't actively look at that notebook since it isn't a priority.

1667843461909.png

And as for this? This is an interesting render in itself. Truthfully, this render was made to test the "wisp" spell effect you see. Of course, I could just render the effect, but it wouldn't tell me how usable it is. But it's also one of the early "how it all began" scenarios I had in mind for the next one. Just the characters are different.

So many ways to look at this: a nimph restraining a demon, a demon conjuring a nimph,
blows of spells from a nimph to a demon ...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1668515931013.png
At times, waiting a bit can give you a solution to your problems. Or just being persistent enough to look through things... like through a lot of things. The elven issue I had. I found a way to do a few things, then I found textures for some furniture that looks elvish enough, at least to my eye. Although I didn't make a render of them because been busy rendering other things.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.40 star(s) 141 Votes