4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
Any help, please?

Got hardstucked at Sabotaging Krell Biolag mission. I (think) I did it all right;

-Created Infiltrator Bot (tried it pod and unpacked ways)
-Argus (And everything else in my engine) at 100% capped
-Sleep 2/more days around biolab

What am I doing wrong?

Please, help me.
do you have the 6 cloak mods on your voron shield?

Feb 5, 2018
Have you also given a "uniform" to V?
people tend to forget about ehr

Assasin
Protector
Protector seems to be required for some Quest at some point as you can't sell their shells like Assasins
I'm back. It seems that for some reason F95Zone stopped showing me updates here.

As to the Protector shell, nothing that I know of requires one. Expect a future Traits Module upgrade to maintain the 3 traits instead of cutting them back to 2.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm back. It seems that for some reason F95Zone stopped showing me updates here.

As to the Protector shell, nothing that I know of requires one. Expect a future Traits Module upgrade to maintain the 3 traits instead of cutting them back to 2.
MC comments that he should hold onto those shells as they might be required later on if you try to sell them

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
If anyone is keep track of bug reports, I found an annoying one that is relatively minor (in v1.20.11). If you are in the Xenos system and take a Bounty, if the Bounty is on the "Library of Xenos" location, you can't trigger the Bounty fight, it just says "I don't know what to do here" or whatever the placeholder is.

Sorry if this has already been reported, but I figured I'd put it out there.

Reactions: Arheme

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
If anyone is keep track of bug reports, I found an annoying one that is relatively minor (in v1.20.11). If you are in the Xenos system and take a Bounty, if the Bounty is on the "Library of Xenos" location, you can't trigger the Bounty fight, it just says "I don't know what to do here" or whatever the placeholder is.

That one has been mentioned about Transport and Smuggling missions .. Bounty now too .. .. unfortunately, from the looks of the code, it's most likely going to require adding an extra parameter or so in order to get it to play nice without causing issues in other places .. and with y.v taking a breather, a proper solution may be a while in coming

Last edited:
Reactions: Arheme and EroKala
Feb 5, 2018

I reported it for you.

Reactions: Arheme and EroKala

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
OK, so this thread fell off of my notifications as well.

I have an updated fix for the 'nothing else to do here right now' message blocking cargo deliveries to the Xenos Library. I added a flag so that said message triggers only once, then a followup message is ended at about the end of the long-ass elif chain.

Unfortunately, I'm currently in 'gameplay mod' mode so that file is no longer 'clean', so it'll be a bit before I can update my 'hotfix patch'.

I did find another issue, that involves protector shells not showing up in the 'shell picker' in the Bot Configuration & Training screen. Essentially, the 'sort' option is looking for the word 'Shell' in the part name (not the ID), and the name is "Protector" and not "Protector Shell", so "P" shells are excluded from the parts sorting. I'm guessing that this was NOT intentional, as the "TypeP" shells aren't specifically referenced (as Type I shells are) as being excluded/included, so they otherwise SHOULD appear.

In any case, yeah if some of you were wondering why 'P' shells weren't showing separately if you say removed a 'P' shell from a bot, this would be why...

I have a 'label after load' fix that will adress this issue, I'll need to set that up in the next hotfix, but in the meantime I'm curious what Sean MacDonald thinks (i.e. do you think that 'P' shells should appear in the shell parts sorting or not).

In the meantime, here's a couple of teasers for the next version of my gameplay mod that will also be included in the interface mod when I update that:

Essentially:

- The missions you've already chosen will now appear (in a slightly abbreviated form) in the upper right area of the mission picker, to make it easier to remember what those missions are.

- On the system map, the ! mark is replaced by a targetting crosshair for bounty missions, and a checkmark for cargo missions that you have sufficient cargo for.

Last edited:

no1hom3

Dec 9, 2023
(i.e. do you think that 'P' shells should appear in the shell parts sorting or not).
from a regular person .. at present they're just another shell .. until or unless that changes .. don't see any reason for them not to be included

Reactions: OhWee
Feb 5, 2018
Type-P Shells are incomplete in implementation. V1.20.11 was probably 1 or 2 small versions away before V1.20 went to Early Access. I can't check old saves that have Protector bots because I deleted all saves, in both locations to avoid contamination on a new game.

• Hey there
Reactions: OhWee
Feb 5, 2018
I loaded a V1.20.10 save and it had one of the Protector bots. In the Bot Configurator, the shell is listed as Protector and not Type-P.

OhWee

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Game Developer
Jun 17, 2017
I loaded a V1.20.10 save and it had one of the Protector bots. In the Bot Configurator, the shell is listed as Protector and not Type-P.
So this may be an issue with my mods then. I was able to find a workaround that relates to my 'shellslot' implementation. Note that I have more sort options, so shells are handled slightly differently. Indexing by i.ID instead of i.name solves this issue in my mod.

Note that I haven't stumbled across a 'P' shell in my gameplay yet, I was just testing it using Ren'py console. Not sure when/if those will turn up randomly yet...

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
OK, so this thread fell off of my notifications as well.

I have an updated fix for the 'nothing else to do here right now' message blocking cargo deliveries to the Xenos Library. I added a flag so that said message triggers only once, then a followup message is ended at about the end of the long-ass elif chain.

Unfortunately, I'm currently in 'gameplay mod' mode so that file is no longer 'clean', so it'll be a bit before I can update my 'hotfix patch'.

I did find another issue, that involves protector shells not showing up in the 'shell picker' in the Bot Configuration & Training screen. Essentially, the 'sort' option is looking for the word 'Shell' in the part name (not the ID), and the name is "Protector" and not "Protector Shell", so "P" shells are excluded from the parts sorting. I'm guessing that this was NOT intentional, as the "TypeP" shells aren't specifically referenced (as Type I shells are) as being excluded/included, so they otherwise SHOULD appear.

In any case, yeah if some of you were wondering why 'P' shells weren't showing separately if you say removed a 'P' shell from a bot, this would be why...

I have a 'label after load' fix that will adress this issue, I'll need to set that up in the next hotfix, but in the meantime I'm curious what Sean MacDonald thinks (i.e. do you think that 'P' shells should appear in the shell parts sorting or not).

In the meantime, here's a couple of teasers for the next version of my gameplay mod that will also be included in the interface mod when I update that:

Essentially:

- The missions you've already chosen will now appear (in a slightly abbreviated form) in the upper right area of the mission picker, to make it easier to remember what those missions are.

- On the system map, the ! mark is replaced by a targetting crosshair for bounty missions, and a checkmark for cargo missions that you have sufficient cargo for.
Your math for transport missions seems a bit off in regard in what's in cargo... based on the game calculations you have 4 drugs in cargo, but your adding says it's 8

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes