4.30 star(s) 40 Votes
Mar 27, 2019
I know V0.5 just came out, but would anyone have the V0.4 download link.... I want to try to get the multiverse pod from the Ylyee quest.
you don't version 0.4 for the multiverse pod it's in 0.5 game and so is the quest to get it... I left that quest to last just so I could finish most of the other quests or missions. the Multiverse pod will allow up to 3 bots that are in your storage not the sex arcade and most of the things you use to fix the ship like Ai cores and a few other things once you use it it's gone and you can start the game again from start and you will see on the map a new place that is the pod you sent . I am on my third play through so far I have one bot that cost is over 3 million and makes around 200 k per day at the sex arcade. I am trying more another bot but it's a slow process trying it get the right parts...

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2018
you don't version 0.4 for the multiverse pod it's in 0.5 game and so is the quest to get it... I left that quest to last just so I could finish most of the other quests or missions. the Multiverse pod will allow up to 3 bots that are in your storage not the sex arcade and most of the things you use to fix the ship like Ai cores and a few other things once you use it it's gone and you can start the game again from start and you will see on the map a new place that is the pod you sent . I am on my third play through so far I have one bot that cost is over 3 million and makes around 200 k per day at the sex arcade. I am trying more another bot but it's a slow process trying it get the right parts...
Just in case there is confusion: You can do the Ylvee quest whenever it is convenient. Completing that gets the Multiverse Pod. Using the pod is separate. It just sits in your box inventory until you need it. My Multiverse Pod contains 87t which is max for a Cargo Compressor MkI with 1 AI-Core. In V0.6BETA3, I was able to pick up my pod late (early) on Day 3 which was due to a great pair of days mining in High Value Asteroids and there is a Cargo Compressor MkII upgrade unit.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
"Never Give a Sucker an Even Break" - W.C. Fields
But if you do they tend to come back thinking they had a chance for victory.. even if that was all a self impossed illusion ;)
Can't remember what gen it was but I just rolled a Perversion +20 everything module.

Edit: Just checked and it's gen 2 military.
Gen 2 Military grade can give a max of +23 (same for the IQ chips)

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
yv0751, a good QOL improvement would be to mark the mission locations on the system map. It could be a border, an icon, even a mouseover, just something to point you to a given location instead of forcing you to go back to the ship and open the mission list. The mark should only appear if you're able to complete the mission (i.e. it's not needed if the transport mission isn't due yet).

On another note, when selecting a mission, you should clearly indicate missions you're unable to finish due to engines performance (i.e. you don't have any extra AI cores yet, so you're unable to reach the 100% zone anyway).

sweetit

Aug 17, 2020
On another note, when selecting a mission, you should clearly indicate missions you're unable to finish due to engines performance (i.e. you don't have any extra AI cores yet, so you're unable to reach the 100% zone anyway).
[/QUOTE]

Nah dont spoonfeed , there has to be room for mistakes and bad planning
makes it more natural

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751, a good QOL improvement would be to mark the mission locations on the system map. It could be a border, an icon, even a mouseover, just something to point you to a given location instead of forcing you to go back to the ship and open the mission list. The mark should only appear if you're able to complete the mission (i.e. it's not needed if the transport mission isn't due yet).

You mean like that? (Its already in V0.6) ;)

screenshot0002.jpg

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
Yes, more or less. In my mind the icon would indicate a mission type (a box for transport, a gun for a bounty, etc.), and its color would indicate whether the mission is due today, tomorrow, or later.
But thanks for implementing something like this anyway.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
yv0751
I don't know about you, but I got 5 AI cores at the moment, trying to get more.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I don't know about you, but I got 5 AI cores at the moment, trying to get more.
You start with 1 A.I. core... so getting Missions for 100% Checkpoint on the start is impossible... it takes atleast 2 battles with A.I.-core drops to go there

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021

View attachment 2631251
Some observations I had while playing v0.5:

1) Didn't even bother to buy any parts as they were way overpriced. Maybe in certain situations it makes sense, but for the vast majority of the time, it was way cheaper just to buy more crates and rely on chance. Definitely a balance issue.

2) Glut of low tier bots that I can't sell. Could stick them in arcade, but they make minuscule amounts of money. Maybe always offer the option to sell at a hefty discount? Parts pile up too, especially subpar parts. Maybe the same thing with the option to sell them for a pittance?

3) Whatever the information being relayed in the top left corner during combat screen is, I just can't make it out; it's too small font and too close to the border and gets clipped.

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Seems to me that the distribution of parts is skewed to "sub-par", making them actually average. Yeah, it's just a name but it has connotations, at least in my mind.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Seems to me that the distribution of parts is skewed to "sub-par", making them actually average. Yeah, it's just a name but it has connotations, at least in my mind.
It does have a noticeable impact on bot price, which is why I always try to use at least basic parts if I can. If I remember right, it actually decreases max trainable skill, so in a sense it is subpar.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
You start with 1 A.I. core... so getting Missions for 100% Checkpoint on the start is impossible... it takes atleast 2 battles with A.I.-core drops to go there
I took 2 with me in the MV pod from 0.4. then got one from a lvl 2 battle.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
It does have a noticeable impact on bot price, which is why I always try to use at least basic parts if I can. If I remember right, it actually decreases max trainable skill, so in a sense it is subpar.
I've started scrapping all subpar items.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Some observations I had while playing v0.5:

1) Didn't even bother to buy any parts as they were way overpriced. Maybe in certain situations it makes sense, but for the vast majority of the time, it was way cheaper just to buy more crates and rely on chance. Definitely a balance issue.

2) Glut of low tier bots that I can't sell. Could stick them in arcade, but they make minuscule amounts of money. Maybe always offer the option to sell at a hefty discount? Parts pile up too, especially subpar parts. Maybe the same thing with the option to sell them for a pittance?

3) Whatever the information being relayed in the top left corner during combat screen is, I just can't make it out; it's too small font and too close to the border and gets clipped.
Hi.
Nr 2 is a good point. The bot order screen is too rudimentary. Will be QoL'd in V0.7
Nr. 3 is debug info (ignore)

As to special offers:
I found myself buying a bunch of parts in special offers. If they have just the one I'm looking for and I have millions anyway I always bought. Wouldn't mind spending 600k on a cortex or 300k on a immobilizer Gen 3.

Reactions: J_M and Gato21

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Hi.
Nr 2 is a good point. The bot order screen is too rudimentary. Will be QoL'd in V0.7
Nr. 3 is debug info (ignore)

As to special offers:
I found myself buying a bunch of parts in special offers. If they have just the one I'm looking for and I have millions anyway I always bought. Wouldn't mind spending 600k on a cortex or 300k on a immobilizer Gen 3.
Did you see a profit buying at an inflated price? I could definitely see situations where that is the case. Less so with the offering of low-tier low value items. Maybe less of a markup on those? IDK. Anyways, awesome game. Enjoying the hell out of it. :)

Reactions: yv0751

nn222

Aug 11, 2017
yv0751,

Congratulations on Space Journey X so far. It's a great game, and I could go at considerable length detailing the many bits of great game design that have gone into it. I'm not going to do that as 1. I don't have the time for it and 2. I'm afraid you might skip this post for how long it is already.

One particular game element that I feel like calling out is the obvious improvement you've made since Princess and the Tower in accessibility, namely by adding keyboard bindings to some screens. I've appreciated that a lot, as I usually play in bed or from a couch or somewhere else comfortable, and a mouse just kinda sucks like that. I got a Steam Deck recently, which actually supports Ren'Py games quite well, and has made this less of an issue because of the touchscreen. Still, for those games that have comprehensive keyboard support, I can make a controller mapping, which makes those games very comfy, both on Deck and TV.

With that said, here's what's on my mind:
  • Like in Princess, modals can still only be interacted with by mouse. Extending keyboard support to them would be great, as right now they still require me to switch to my mouse.
  • Is there any intention to make the game fully playable by keyboard? The keyboard bindings are a promising, if not slightly trivial start to that. I honestly don't know how much effort that would be in Ren'Py.
  • In the context of all of this, what are your thoughts on gamepad support?

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes