4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, when building our high end bots we want to re-roll the cortex until we get Nympho and Perverted at least, preferably with Compliant, no 'frown' under the Skills area, and as many 'hearts' instead, as possible? That sound about right?

Might I suggest we be able to combine same tier parts of a lesser grade to form a higher grade part? Perhaps a quest to find something that will improve our odds of getting better quality parts from crates? Definitely a better chance at Perversion Modules as those seem to have an abysmal drop rate (with no gen 3 at all in .5). Anything we could get to craft or combine existing parts into better ones would improve the grind... which I think is way too much at the moment.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, when building our high end bots we want to re-roll the cortex until we get Nympho and Perverted at least, preferably with Compliant, no 'frown' under the Skills area, and as many 'hearts' instead, as possible? That sound about right?

Might I suggest we be able to combine same tier parts of a lesser grade to form a higher grade part? Perhaps a quest to find something that will improve our odds of getting better quality parts from crates? Definitely a better chance at Perversion Modules as those seem to have an abysmal drop rate (with no gen 3 at all in .5). Anything we could get to craft or combine existing parts into better ones would improve the grind... which I think is way too much at the moment.
Honestly I haven't clue how it works, almost seems to be random. I've used gen 3 military or advanced with 5 hearts and still got less than gen 2, think highest I've made so far is just over 2 mil.

Reactions: Hermies
Feb 5, 2018
I'm pretty good at building bots. Discord is a better place for me to answer bot questions. Join from the link on page 1 here. Then, ask specific questions there. I will answer to the best of my ability.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
Honestly I haven't clue how it works, almost seems to be random. I've used gen 3 military or advanced with 5 hearts and still got less than gen 2, think highest I've made so far is just over 2 mil.
I've not seen 5 hearts yet, but I have figured out you need to farm Gen 2 Miltary grade Perversion Modules (highest I've seen in .5) and then Train all Skills until they cannot be raised anymore. They should all be over 200; gives me roughly 350k per night from 1 bot.

I retrieved my best Bot from the Pirates to compare with another I built, thinking I could send her back. Nope, not in this version anyway. Hopefully in the next one. At least I have her for the multiverse crate.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I've not seen 5 hearts yet, but I have figured out you need to farm Gen 2 Miltary grade Perversion Modules (highest I've seen in .5) and then Train all Skills until they cannot be raised anymore. They should all be over 200; gives me roughly 350k per night from 1 bot.

I retrieved my best Bot from the Pirates to compare with another I built, thinking I could send her back. Nope, not in this version anyway. Hopefully in the next one. At least I have her for the multiverse crate.
You can send illegal bots (IQ 140+) to the Arcade and back as often as you like. Just remember you actually must be at the pirate outpost to sell or send her.

As to Modules, they only come up to Gen 2 in V0.5

The hearts and the dislikes mainly determine speed of training, not the overall value. For that the attained skill value is more relevant.

Still need to balance the bot module a bit more tbh. Also in V6+ there are rare and mil bots crate drops.

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751,

Congratulations on Space Journey X so far. It's a great game, and I could go at considerable length detailing the many bits of great game design that have gone into it. I'm not going to do that as 1. I don't have the time for it and 2. I'm afraid you might skip this post for how long it is already.

One particular game element that I feel like calling out is the obvious improvement you've made since Princess and the Tower in accessibility, namely by adding keyboard bindings to some screens. I've appreciated that a lot, as I usually play in bed or from a couch or somewhere else comfortable, and a mouse just kinda sucks like that. I got a Steam Deck recently, which actually supports Ren'Py games quite well, and has made this less of an issue because of the touchscreen. Still, for those games that have comprehensive keyboard support, I can make a controller mapping, which makes those games very comfy, both on Deck and TV.

With that said, here's what's on my mind:
  • Like in Princess, modals can still only be interacted with by mouse. Extending keyboard support to them would be great, as right now they still require me to switch to my mouse.
  • Is there any intention to make the game fully playable by keyboard? The keyboard bindings are a promising, if not slightly trivial start to that. I honestly don't know how much effort that would be in Ren'Py.
  • In the context of all of this, what are your thoughts on gamepad support?
I'm glad you like the game so far.

As to UI I'm struggling a bit regarding none Mouse+Keyboard access methods.
I added keyboard shortcuts for convenience to the space map, bot lab and for some nav features.
Originally thought that this would help for Android conversion.

I still have no idea, however, on how to avoid the mouse for e.g. clickable visual elements in the space map or the ship rooms.
I do not want to highlight-toggle (e.g. with tab) through all active elements, which is a major pain to implement.

Also the "fake direction stick" element some tablet games have wouldn't work, as I have not found out how to create a fake cursor sprite that is reasonably performant in Renpy (I can give the cursor a zillion different shapes, but that a different thing...)

So for the time being, I'll add keyboard shortcuts to dialogue menus and to minigames where it makes sense and doesn't need an additional cursor/crosshair control element.

y.v.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017

Not so easy to recall so I looked into the code again...

INOFFICIAL BOT "UNDER THE HOOD" GUIDE

As to traits
  • single trait result in a small price multiplier (0.8 - 1.2)
  • some specific trait combos (nympho+perverted), (curious+perverted), (frigid+conservative) generate an overall value bonus multplier or malus multiplier (see list below)
As to likes/dislikes
  • every like (heart) adds 5% price, every dislike (frown face) subtracts 5%
Other:
  • Uniformly configured gen (1,2,3) gives a 1.2 multiplier over mix and match
  • IQ multiplies overall value but increases escape risk
  • Devious and rebellious increase escape risk, compliant reduces it (no price impact though)
  • Grades (subpar/basic/...) give bonus when skill maxes are determined (depending on bodypart)
  • The "stars" are "talent", i.e. just indicate in how many skills the bot maybe close to expert level (90+) max
  • Gens (1,2,3) give certain better chances at initial cortex rolls (mainly talents/skill max)
  • Base talents (=max possible skills) are rolled _once_ between 20 and 140, when a bot is generated (min/max range influenced by cortex attributes). So if your cortex roll is gimped (few stars, bat traits, low IQ), you need more perversion or talent amps or other modules to compensate for it.
In V0.6 bots have additionally a personality pattern (colonist, housewife, politician, ... , holo-starlet, celebrity, princess) which gives a price multiplier and flips certain attributes (e.g. politicians are always "devious", princesses are often "rebellious" and never "compliant" to use the most common tropes, ...)

I'll see how that works out overall. The super bot owners are swimming in cash (Sean broke my header bar when he surpassed 100 Million Cr) , for those there will be a money sink (maybe Player Base or you can plate your ship with Eternium, ...) in V0.7.

TLDR:
Roll a cortex with as many stars, hearts and high IQ as possible. If cortex has positive traits/trait combos even better
Then pimp it up with other body parts (preferably one gen) and addons and train it to max

===============
Combo / Trait Effects:

flexible + submissive: price multiplier 1.5 per 500 BON skill points
perverted + aggressive: price multiplier 1.5 per 500 ANA skill points
curious + nympho: price multiplier 1.5 per 500 SPE skill points

Single trait price impact (stacks)

"nympho", "perverted", "flexible": price * 1.2
"frigid", "chaste", "conservative": price * 0.8 (conservative just meaning opposite of curious, so no politics here...)

Last edited:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Not so easy to recall so I looked into the code again...

INOFFICIAL BOT "UNDER THE HOOD" GUIDE

As to traits
  • single trait result in a small price multiplier (0.8 - 1.2)
  • some specific trait combos (nympho+perverted), (curious+perverted), (frigid+conservative) generate an overall value bonus multiplicator or malus multiplicator (see list below)
As to likes/dislikes
  • every like (heart) adds 5% price, every dislike (frown face) subtracts 5%
Other:
  • Uniformly configured gen (1,2,3) gives a 1.2 multiplier over mix and match
  • IQ multiplies overall value but increases escape risk
  • Devious and rebellious increase escape risk, compliant reduces it (no price impact though)
  • Grades (subpar/basic/...) give bonus when skill maxes are determined (depending on bodypart)
  • The "stars" are "talent", i.e. just indicate in how many skills the bot maybe close to expert level (90+) max
  • Gens (1,2,3) give certain better chances at initial cortex rolls (mainly talents/skill max)
  • Base talents (=max possible skills) are rolled _once_ between 20 and 140, when a bot is generated (min/max range influenced by cortex attributes). So if your cortex roll is gimped (few stars, bat traits, low IQ), you need more perversion or talent amps or other modules to compensate for it.
In V0.6 bots have additionally a personality pattern (colonist, housewife, politician, ... , holo-starlet, celebrity, princess) which gives a price multiplier and flips certain attributes (e.g. politicians are always "devious", princesses are often "rebellious" and never "compliant" to use the most common tropes, ...)

I'll see how that works out overall. The super bot owners are swimming in cash (Sean broke my header bar when he surpassed 100 Million Cr) , for those there will be a money sink (maybe Player Base or you can plate your ship with Eternium, ...) in V0.7.

TLDR:
Roll a cortex with as many stars, hearts and high IQ as possible. If cortex has positive traits/trait combos even better
Then pimp it up with other body parts (preferably one gen) and addons and train it to max

===============
Combo / Trait Effects:

flexible + submissive: price multiplier 1.5 per 500 BON skill points
perverted + aggressive: price multiplier 1.5 per 500 ANA skill points
curious + nympho: price multiplier 1.5 per 500 SPE skill points

Single trait price impact (stacks)

"nympho", "perverted", "flexible": price * 1.2
"frigid", "chaste", "conservative": price * 0.8 (conservative just meaning opposite of curious, so no politics here...)
You indicated the combo of Perverted and Nympho would also cause a multiplier but here you stated they give single multipliers.
so 2,4 multiplier if both are set... not a combo Bonus like 2,5-3?

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
You indicated the combo of Perverted and Nympho would also cause a multiplier but here you stated they give single multipliers.
so 2,4 multiplier if both are set... not a combo Bonus like 2,5-3?
Single and combo stack (chain multiplication)

Last edited:

klokan99

Dec 26, 2019
I've got Argus Mk II uplink unit from Shady, and it is in my inventory. However, I don't know how to install it. In Active Quests, I have the hint to ask Shady how to equip the ship with Argus Mk II Rig. But when I go to ask her, it only shows the trading options.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I've got Argus Mk II uplink unit from Shady, and it is in my inventory. However, I don't know how to install it. In Active Quests, I have the hint to ask Shady how to equip the ship with Argus Mk II Rig. But when I go to ask her, it only shows the trading options.
Enter the ship, look at your cargo and check subsystems the uplink should be here and offer the "install" option... same as with any other optional subsystem

Cendash

May 30, 2021
My money-grubbing ass would at least like some pocket change from it. :(
I think you do get a bit of money when you scrap parts. :unsure:(V0.5) I haven't paid attention to what percentage of value it is.

What I would really love would be a way to up-cycle the low level parts into (a chance for) better parts, or perhaps a way to rebundle them into fresh bot-part crates. Something like 20 (maybe more?) of any parts gets smooshed into a normal bot-part crate, that I think holds up to 5 random items.

This would be especially good if you could load your rejects into the... Bot-Part-Re-Crate-ifier (?) to get them out of your way, then the machine poops out crates (or next tier parts?) when it has enough materials. Probably best to make it an overnight thing (or even longer, a couple days?) so players don't get too focused on it; the game-mechanic should free players from OCD, not cause more.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I think you do get a bit of money when you scrap parts. :unsure:(V0.5) I haven't paid attention to what percentage of value it is.

What I would really love would be a way to up-cycle the low level parts into (a chance for) better parts, or perhaps a way to rebundle them into fresh bot-part crates. Something like 20 (maybe more?) of any parts gets smooshed into a normal bot-part crate, that I think holds up to 5 random items.

This would be especially good if you could load your rejects into the... Bot-Part-Re-Crate-ifier (?) to get them out of your way, then the machine poops out crates (or next tier parts?) when it has enough materials. Probably best to make it an overnight thing (or even longer, a couple days?) so players don't get too focused on it; the game-mechanic should free players from OCD, not cause more.
Seems far to complicated... give Nyhme a task to trade your asigned/unused parts for better ones would achieve the same with less struggle

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
OK, just want to make sure, other than weapons and shields can you upgrade any other ships system?

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
So many parts, game lags a lot trying to scrap them.

Huge ideal. Auto scrap bot parts. When checked it will automatically scrap those parts for you when you obtain them. (Can set it for each grade)

In addition you can set a retain part total of 1 to #, and it will not scrap those parts until you gain 1 more then specified number of that specific part.

Should make this go smoother when grinding for good parts.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes