4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
I like this game (y)

I played it for the first time yesterday and it seems sometimes I got quests I shouldn't have, or at least the help text didn't match my situation.

For example, when I asked for sex with T'ris, I got a quest where I should ask Nimhe about some training. But... I didn't know Nimhe at the time :unsure:
There are a few like that, where the name is mentioned even though you haven't met them yet. You can't proceed until you get the other quests far enough that this person is a part of your party. I'm not sure if it's worth the Dev changing it through, adding in "Advance other quests" as text if you haven't met the necessary people would be good, but I doubt it comes up often enough to be worth it.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
My record, 82 mil with 0 risk (this patch)
That is impressive. I had not seen Hive Queen as a personality option yet. Did the cortex roll with it or did you reroll a Precursor personality? If so, did you have to use a Military grade Gen 3 to get that option? During my limited testing trying to get Princess, it didn't seem to matter if it was Basic or Military grade, making me wonder if the different rarities and grades made any difference yet.

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
50 mil is close to max. There are 5 visual shells in v0.8
- Krell Concubine
- Krell Palace Mistress
- Supermodel
- Voronian
- Infiltrator
- Type J

First 4 are random Krell loot in Krell Space. Supermodel (Type L) is the rarest 1/16 roll chance among shells
Good info, thank you. Do they have different multipliers based on rarity or are you trying to avoid complicating matters with more multipliers at this point?

Seriously, I spend more time rerolling bots trying to min/max than playing the game for its scenes, lol.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Good info, thank you. Do they have different multipliers based on rarity or are you trying to avoid complicating matters with more multipliers at this point?

Seriously, I spend more time rerolling bots trying to min/max than playing the game for its scenes, lol.
I just now looked it up as I wasn't 100% sure myself of the formulas used:
  • Base formula: sum of parts price * modifier 1 * modifier 2 ... * modifier n

• shells add to parts price (type L is the most valuable, followed by Type K)
  • if all parts _and_ addons are the same gen, you get a 1.3 uniformity multiplier (thats why value drops sometimes despite more expensive addon swapped in)
  • Hive queen only available from precursor cortex rolls, has modifier 2.5 (infiltrator 2.0, princess 1.8, ...)
  • Sum of skills is also modifier
  • and some other modifiers too
(The details are in the getPrice() function in module botlab)

TLDR: Shells have no modifiers but add considerably to base price (can up base price of a bot by 30-80%)

P.S. Found myself also re-rolling part over part with the ding sounds of rolling oddly satisfying... :)

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I like this game (y)

I played it for the first time yesterday and it seems sometimes I got quests I shouldn't have, or at least the help text didn't match my situation.

For example, when I asked for sex with T'ris, I got a quest where I should ask Nimhe about some training. But... I didn't know Nimhe at the time :unsure:
Thanks that's a bug in the dialogue. Will adapt it.

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
My record, 82 mil with 0 risk (this patch)

View attachment 2855345

Kinda sad that all special shells including the most rare one (typle L) reducing the value a lot in high value bots like this. 103 to 65 mil in this case...

yv0751 I want to suggest adding a perversion amp inside the Sheels, or maybe another slot for Shells only, just for visuals.
That bot look strange to me. To my knowledge "Submissive" has a factor of 1.2 and "Perverted" has a factor of *1.5 (with BON and ANA) and the max base stat is 140.

From the code and my own experements the best combo (if you get the right base stats) is Sumissive/Flexible or Curious/Nympho. Agressive/Perverted come in 3rd place but apparently Agressive cause 1 dislike (need to be confirmed).

Actually on v0.8 I couldn't do better than this one:
screenshot0001.png

Her escape risk is 25.1% and without the module it can up to 46.236.356 Cr only. With 5 Amp it can hit 61.027.107 Cr.
As you can see she has +33/+34 ALL Amp (I don't even know the max value of those I never saw more than +34 actually).
I'm pretty sure it's possibe to get a better bot, but I stopped to try since with 4/5 bots in arcade you get around 20M per day and we don't need all that cash.

All I wanted is a a bot with 5 likes, and so far I got 3 (2 from the quest equiped with Type-V and Type-K shell but they don't have great stats).

I think it would be better to either add a specific slot for the custom Type-X appearance, or at least not lower the price of the bot so much (because they are Gen 1 mod). I don't care to lose 1 or 2M on an average bot that is worth 25M but losing more than 10M is a bit too much (specially since the custom appaences are nice).

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Grrrrrrr, finding it so hard to beat the krell ships, keep getting blown up. Is there a tactic to beating them? I have all lvl 3 weapons and torpedoes.

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
Grrrrrrr, finding it so hard to beat the krell ships, keep getting blown up. Is there a tactic to beating them? I have all lvl 3 weapons and torpedoes.
forget about torpedoes and ensure you have engine mk2 at 100% and add the 6 mods that will give you 3 extra moves
since torpedoes can be good to attack on packed enemies, cant reload them in battle so that is a first shot tactics only.

you can move your ship anywhere without losing shots, but are vulnerable to drones that move at same than you so will need to take them down first to avoid them reaching you (those have 2 moves in their turn plus one on each of your moves)

locate some debris you can hide behind, as ships has line of sight, try to keep your last shot unused to avoid ending your turn too soon, once your ship has fewer targets or none, use that last shot, or end turn (T), enemies will still move, but if on first move can't see you , they wont shot and your turn will start again.

keep playing hit and run, taking out their drones until there are few or none so you can start hitting ships and take them down

practice with those lvl2 and 3 bounties to get some ai cores to max your weapon first, and shields later, as main objective is to avoid all damage but hit as hard as possible

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
anyone else run into an issue where Khelara fixes the holodeck but it dosn't register as fixed? also i did the bathtub quest but i cant find her in the bath tub or anywhere on the ship to giver her her costume? might be becasue i gave Khelara the holodeck quest the day after i gave her the bathtub quest. she said she completed both and i got the cut scenes but now its acting like i mentioned.

Nirdaeel

Apr 30, 2017
anyone else run into an issue where Khelara fixes the holodeck but it dosn't register as fixed? also i did the bathtub quest but i cant find her in the bath tub or anywhere on the ship to giver her her costume? might be becasue i gave Khelara the holodeck quest the day after i gave her the bathtub quest. she said she completed both and i got the cut scenes but now its acting like i mentioned.
here on pc i got a visit from khelara in the morning , just after daily orders to say it's working, and then she explains you and princess how it works .. but princess have a request for it.. have you seen that ?

did you bought all three items for holodeck?, not sure if they are needed but i did same time, bought both costumes and castle holo program

maybe you miss to look some galaxina shows? as some of those may trigger some scenes

about bath tub.. if you played princess and the tower, may know se takes when starting day, so then is when you have to check guest room 2 (need to do it 3 times to get two pics on gallery)

Reactions: daq123

Redburn

Oct 27, 2017
here on pc i got a visit from khelara in the morning , just after daily orders to say it's working, and then she explains you and princess how it works .. but princess have a request for it.. have you seen that ?

did you bought all three items for holodeck?, not sure if they are needed but i did same time, bought both costumes and castle holo program

maybe you miss to look some galaxina shows? as some of those may trigger some scenes

about bath tub.. if you played princess and the tower, may know se takes when starting day, so then is when you have to check guest room 2 (need to do it 3 times to get two pics on gallery)
1. im on pc too and yes i had that scene 2. I bought both outfits and the castle program gave the evil queen dress to Vee 3. the guest room reads as empty even after having the scenes the holodeck says its broke.

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes