4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

Grim October

Oct 11, 2019
Is there a way to upgrade basic or advanced precursor cortices to the next tier? This seems well beyond Nimhe's expertise.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
forget about torpedoes and ensure you have engine mk2 at 100% and add the 6 mods that will give you 3 extra moves
since torpedoes can be good to attack on packed enemies, cant reload them in battle so that is a first shot tactics only.

you can move your ship anywhere without losing shots, but are vulnerable to drones that move at same than you so will need to take them down first to avoid them reaching you (those have 2 moves in their turn plus one on each of your moves)

locate some debris you can hide behind, as ships has line of sight, try to keep your last shot unused to avoid ending your turn too soon, once your ship has fewer targets or none, use that last shot, or end turn (T), enemies will still move, but if on first move can't see you , they wont shot and your turn will start again.

keep playing hit and run, taking out their drones until there are few or none so you can start hitting ships and take them down

practice with those lvl2 and 3 bounties to get some ai cores to max your weapon first, and shields later, as main objective is to avoid all damage but hit as hard as possible
My ship is maxed out on everything, including the engine and cargo mods, trying to rescue the princess, doesn't seem to be much to hide behind, but I'll try that out, thanks.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
My ship is maxed out on everything, including the engine and cargo mods, trying to rescue the princess, doesn't seem to be much to hide behind, but I'll try that out, thanks.
There is a short video in the OP which shows one way that mostly works. maybe that helps. And dont nuke a lasher with a Seeker on top of it. That will reduce effect for that cell. Always nuke seekers next to sth to make best use of AOE

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
1. im on pc too and yes i had that scene 2. I bought both outfits and the castle program gave the evil queen dress to Vee 3. the guest room reads as empty even after having the scenes the holodeck says its broke.
Maybe you forgot to talk to Seraphine in the end which triggers the holodeck castle intro cutscene and "activates it"?

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
That is impressive. I had not seen Hive Queen as a personality option yet. Did the cortex roll with it or did you reroll a Precursor personality? If so, did you have to use a Military grade Gen 3 to get that option? During my limited testing trying to get Princess, it didn't seem to matter if it was Basic or Military grade, making me wonder if the different rarities and grades made any difference yet.
As far as I can remember I rolled with personality qube. Other than that literally everything I use is always Gen 3 - Mil Grade. So I can't say sth about whether it matters or not.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
That bot look strange to me. To my knowledge "Submissive" has a factor of 1.2 and "Perverted" has a factor of *1.5 (with BON and ANA) and the max base stat is 140.

From the code and my own experements the best combo (if you get the right base stats) is Sumissive/Flexible or Curious/Nympho. Agressive/Perverted come in 3rd place but apparently Agressive cause 1 dislike (need to be confirmed).

Actually on v0.8 I couldn't do better than this one:
View attachment 2856080

Her escape risk is 25.1% and without the module it can up to 46.236.356 Cr only. With 5 Amp it can hit 61.027.107 Cr.
As you can see she has +33/+34 ALL Amp (I don't even know the max value of those I never saw more than +34 actually).
I'm pretty sure it's possibe to get a better bot, but I stopped to try since with 4/5 bots in arcade you get around 20M per day and we don't need all that cash.

All I wanted is a a bot with 5 likes, and so far I got 3 (2 from the quest equiped with Type-V and Type-K shell but they don't have great stats).

I think it would be better to either add a specific slot for the custom Type-X appearance, or at least not lower the price of the bot so much (because they are Gen 1 mod). I don't care to lose 1 or 2M on an average bot that is worth 25M but losing more than 10M is a bit too much (specially since the custom appaences are nice).
Honestly I have no idea how I rolled that bot so can't say something about all those calculations :D But I definitely agree about appearance sheels lowering the value a lot is bad.

abada25

Sep 30, 2019
Nice. Even with 0% escape, so actually usable.

Especially impressive that you used the single amps, which if correctly used, can bring more skill points than perversion amps
Just curious, wdym with "correctly used"

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
yv0751, a bug in v0.8. I had a transport mission for some 20+ computer parts, due on Iltari Prime, in three days, with about 10 on board. I met a transport ship which asked me to deliver their shipment of computer parts to Iltari Prime. I did it, but the game decided to complete my earlier contract (which was due in three days) instead of the emergency delivery. Now I'm left with an emergency delivery contract which is due today and I'm unable to complete it.

If there's more than one contract which can be completed in a given place, the game should choose the one with a shorter deadline, not the first one it finds. Or it should ask the player.

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
Just curious, wdym with "correctly used"
Pre AMP +xx ALL is not the best solution. That's what he means I guess with "correctly used".
He already explained this for 0.6 or v0.7 (I'm not sure) but this has been modified in v0.8.

Some specific traits generate an overall value bonus multplier for certain statistics, so basically if you increase these stats you increase the price of the bot significantly.

I haven't looked much at the code of version 0.8 but apparently the ultimate bot would be:
  • Full Military Gen 3
  • Perverted/Nympho
  • Hive Queen
  • 5 Likes
  • ALL stats as near as possible to 140 (without training)
  • IQ max 276
  • Compliant
  • 4 Pre AMP +3x (in case IQ 276) or 5 Pre Amp (in case IQ 267)
Why this ?
IQ 275/276 are rupture points for the Escape Risk on a Compliant bot. You need to use an Immobilizer Gen 3 Military to get zero or 0.1%

Combo bonus multiplier:
(the exact formula is : Skill value divided by 500 multiplied by Combo multiplier

Nympho + Perverted: price multiplier 1.3 per 500 ALL skill points
Submissive + Perverted: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 ALL skill points
Curious + Perverted: price multiplier 1.1 per 500 ALL skill points

Nympho + Aggressive: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 ANA skill points
Flexible + Submissive: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 BON skill points
Nympho + Submissive: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 ORA skill points
Curious + Nympho: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 SPE skill points
Nympho + Flexible: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 VAG skill points

Personality bonus multiplier:
Celebrity, Comcubine: price multiplier 1.4
Palace Mistress, Voronian Concubine, Krell Concubine: price multiplier 1.5
Princess: price multiplier 1.8
Infiltrator: price multiplier 2.0
Hive Queen: price multiplier 2.5

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
how do you put the bots in the arcade?
Use the Console Terminal in the Lab.
Look for: "Bot Manager" to send a bot to Arcade (or to sell it)
Use "Arcade Manager" to retrieve your bot (you will get it back in at the start of the next day)

Keep in mind that you can send only legal bots at the Iltari Station (IQ max = 140).
Illegal bots (IQ > 140) can be send only at the Pirate Outpost (you can still retrieve them from anywhere)

Nopenopeno

Jul 27, 2018
So do I get cookies now lolz.
The Krell said they had cookies for you... at the Pet Store. :D:LOL:

As far as I can remember I rolled with personality qube. Other than that literally everything I use is always Gen 3 - Mil Grade. So I can't say sth about whether it matters or not.
Less than Gen 3 would not seem to give me more than Celebrity. Gen 3 would give me Princess, but the highest grade I had was Basic. Still waiting for a Mil grade to drop, when it does I'll have to retrieve my previously posted Bot and reroll her personality. Good stuff man, thanks for replying.

Pre AMP +xx ALL is not the best solution. That's what he means I guess with "correctly used".
He already explained this for 0.6 or v0.7 (I'm not sure) but this has been modified in v0.8.

Some specific traits generate an overall value bonus multplier for certain statistics, so basically if you increase these stats you increase the price of the bot significantly.

I haven't looked much at the code of version 0.8 but apparently the ultimate bot would be:
  • Full Military Gen 3
  • Perverted/Nympho
  • Hive Queen
  • 5 Likes
  • ALL stats as near as possible to 140 (without training)
  • IQ max 276
  • Compliant
  • 4 Pre AMP +3x (in case IQ 276) or 5 Pre Amp (in case IQ 267)
Why this ?
IQ 275/276 are rupture points for the Escape Risk on a Compliant bot. You need to use an Immobilizer Gen 3 Military to get zero or 0.1%

Combo bonus multiplier:
(the exact formula is : Skill value divided by 500 multiplied by Combo multiplier

Nympho + Perverted: price multiplier 1.3 per 500 ALL skill points
Submissive + Perverted: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 ALL skill points
Curious + Perverted: price multiplier 1.1 per 500 ALL skill points

Nympho + Aggressive: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 ANA skill points
Flexible + Submissive: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 BON skill points
Nympho + Submissive: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 ORA skill points
Curious + Nympho: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 SPE skill points
Nympho + Flexible: price multiplier 1.2 per 500 VAG skill points

Personality bonus multiplier:
Celebrity, Comcubine: price multiplier 1.4
Palace Mistress, Voronian Concubine, Krell Concubine: price multiplier 1.5
Princess: price multiplier 1.8
Infiltrator: price multiplier 2.0
Hive Queen: price multiplier 2.5
Didn't see the Dev's original post, but wish I could give you more than a "like" for this. Awesome info, thanks for taking the time!

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
yv0751, a bug in v0.8. I had a transport mission for some 20+ computer parts, due on Iltari Prime, in three days, with about 10 on board. I met a transport ship which asked me to deliver their shipment of computer parts to Iltari Prime. I did it, but the game decided to complete my earlier contract (which was due in three days) instead of the emergency delivery. Now I'm left with an emergency delivery contract which is due today and I'm unable to complete it.

If there's more than one contract which can be completed in a given place, the game should choose the one with a shorter deadline, not the first one it finds. Or it should ask the player.
Never had that edge case before but it would make sense to sort fulfilment by due date. Added a crq to V0.10.
Thanks for finding it out

Reactions: Hermenegild

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
I cannot find her she is not showing up on the ship anywhere?
She should be in her room at 8:00 every morning or at 10:00.
If she is not I would be interested to check your save file, as I have not seen that behaviour before (msg it to me)

Zellgoddess

May 11, 2017
Trying to get x5 like is redonk, 5 star and IQ have higher value rating then likes btw so getting a 5 star, 5 like, & 267 IQ is really hard. Also its easyer to upgrade reroll pre bots then using load save to reroll the core, that's becuase the adv AI cores used on reroll give better values then the cortex initial roll dose.

Also just so you guys are aware single skill mods go to 200+ the bot in my pic has 4 x 180-190 skill mods.

As well 0.8 escape risk and 0.0 escape risk is 20m value diff for some reason. Cuase a grade 2 mil imo is 0.8 and bots value is 55m were grade 3 mil imo is 0.0 and bots value is 75m. It however could be a factor of using all gen 3 mil mods vs using mix gen 2 and 3 mods so not fully a gen 3 mil bot.

Also as far as I can tell 120 is the max base value for skills with likes and 100 without like. Getting all skills to 100 seems to bump value by 5% and 120 bumps by 10%. So it seems skills have break points on value if all skills are above the break point. So using 5x single skill mods would be best for bot.

Ideally 5 star, 5 like, perverted, nympho, compliment, hive queen, 320 in all skills is the best bot one could theoretically make. It requires further in depth look at the escape risk vs iq value increase while having 300+ in all skills. As getting those will req all 5 mod slots. So you only have complient to combat escape risk vs IQ risk increase.

But for practicality sake 5 star, 4 likes, 267 IQ, complient, perverted, nympho, hive queen, 300+ in 4 skills 0 escape risk is what to shoot for.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
Just a quick question, I remember having an option in some earlier version to see details of bot orders, like someone wanting to buy a bot with all gen2 parts etc, for sure this is still in the game as the bots sometimes have fulfill order instead of quick sell, but can't find the details of orders in the UI anywhere, was it removed?

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes