4.30 star(s) 40 Votes

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
Trying to get x5 like is redonk, 5 star and IQ have higher value rating then likes btw so getting a 5 star, 5 like, & 267 IQ is really hard. Also its easyer to upgrade reroll pre bots then using load save to reroll the core, that's becuase the adv AI cores used on reroll give better values then the cortex initial roll dose.

Also just so you guys are aware single skill mods go to 200+ the bot in my pic has 4 x 180-190 skill mods.

As well 0.8 escape risk and 0.0 escape risk is 20m value diff for some reason. Cuase a grade 2 mil imo is 0.8 and bots value is 55m were grade 3 mil imo is 0.0 and bots value is 75m. It however could be a factor of using all gen 3 mil mods vs using mix gen 2 and 3 mods so not fully a gen 3 mil bot.

Also as far as I can tell 120 is the max base value for skills with likes and 100 without like. Getting all skills to 100 seems to bump value by 5% and 120 bumps by 10%. So it seems skills have break points on value if all skills are above the break point. So using 5x single skill mods would be best for bot.

Ideally 5 star, 5 like, perverted, nympho, compliment, hive queen, 320 in all skills is the best bot one could theoretically make. It requires further in depth look at the escape risk vs iq value increase while having 300+ in all skills. As getting those will req all 5 mod slots. So you only have complient to combat escape risk vs IQ risk increase.

But for practicality sake 5 star, 4 likes, 267 IQ, complient, perverted, nympho, hive queen, 300+ in 4 skills 0 escape risk is what to shoot for.
The reason the bot in your pictures escape risk is 0.0 is because the bot is 'compliant'. But that is definitely a bot you want to put in your multiverse pod.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Just a quick question, I remember having an option in some earlier version to see details of bot orders, like someone wanting to buy a bot with all gen2 parts etc, for sure this is still in the game as the bots sometimes have fulfill order instead of quick sell, but can't find the details of orders in the UI anywhere, was it removed?
I blanked out the order list (still running in the background) as I wanted to rework the whole order system as it was too clunky imho.
As you have noted, indicator sell/quick sell in V0.8 is an indicator whther an order is available.

Will be streamlined in V0.9+

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
Trying to get x5 like is redonk, 5 star and IQ have higher value rating then likes btw so getting a 5 star, 5 like, & 267 IQ is really hard. Also its easyer to upgrade reroll pre bots then using load save to reroll the core, that's becuase the adv AI cores used on reroll give better values then the cortex initial roll dose.

Also just so you guys are aware single skill mods go to 200+ the bot in my pic has 4 x 180-190 skill mods.

As well 0.8 escape risk and 0.0 escape risk is 20m value diff for some reason. Cuase a grade 2 mil imo is 0.8 and bots value is 55m were grade 3 mil imo is 0.0 and bots value is 75m. It however could be a factor of using all gen 3 mil mods vs using mix gen 2 and 3 mods so not fully a gen 3 mil bot.

Also as far as I can tell 120 is the max base value for skills with likes and 100 without like. Getting all skills to 100 seems to bump value by 5% and 120 bumps by 10%. So it seems skills have break points on value if all skills are above the break point. So using 5x single skill mods would be best for bot.

Ideally 5 star, 5 like, perverted, nympho, compliment, hive queen, 320 in all skills is the best bot one could theoretically make. It requires further in depth look at the escape risk vs iq value increase while having 300+ in all skills. As getting those will req all 5 mod slots. So you only have complient to combat escape risk vs IQ risk increase.

But for practicality sake 5 star, 4 likes, 267 IQ, complient, perverted, nympho, hive queen, 300+ in 4 skills 0 escape risk is what to shoot for.
I never saw a 200+ single skill module myself (the max I saw is +185) but it would be logic . For pre Amp the max I saw is currently +35.

Anyway there is still an issue when I'm testing

For example the base price of the module is taken into consideration.
A basic single skill module Gen 3 military worth 99.000 cr
A Pre Amp Gen 3 military worth 148.500 cr

In my test even with more than 825 skill point on a specific skill bonus multiplier I can't compensate the difference.
So apparently Pre Amp give the best results overall. In theory you could get a bot that worth 146.891.088 Cr with 0.1% Escape Risk and the same bot with IQ 300 and an Escape Risk at 3.6% would worth 159.664.227 Cr

The income from the Arcade for these 2 bots would be:
IQ 275 Escape Risk 0.0% (price 146.358.874) 6.114.647 Cr​
IQ 276 Escape Risk 0.1% (price 146.891.088) 6.401.155 Cr​
IQ 300 Escape Risk 3.6% (price 159.664.227) 5.950.836 Cr​

So as you can see the Escape Risk can reduce the income (I didn't looked in the code to confirm this yet).
Actually my best legit bot worth 51.xxx.xxx and get 2 mil Cr per day

The tests are made with 3 cheated bot Perverted/Nympho, Hive Queen (max stat at 290/300 with legit module value +35 ALL)

This is just because I was curious to see what we could expect with a "perfect" bot. It really doesn't worth the time to save and reroll to expect to get max values.

PS: I don't know who the developer is but he must have had fun making these price calculation formulas. And I bet he's rolling on the floor laughing his arse watching us trying to figure how all this work :ROFLMAO:

Leobbb

May 24, 2019
In my game as soon as I got basic guns I started doing bounty missions. And with the experience I have now I would probably do it even without shields. I believe the problem for new players is that the battle system is not very well explained. Once you figure it out you don't have any problems with almost any tier 1 or tier 2 fights and you can basically win without getting hit once if there are enough rocks for cover, at least until you start fighting ships that spawn missiles. All you need to know about the battle system in the early game is that:

1. As long as you have action points enemies won't use their guns and moving doesn't cost you ap. You can freely move, you can try to lure them somewhere or make them group for torpedoes and so on.
2. You can shoot until you have only 1 ap left without any retaliation.
3. If you let ap go down to 0 your turn ends and they will shoot at you if they can target you, using all their available ap, this is obviously bad.
4. You can instead find a cover and manually force a turn end by clicking the button or pressing T. If they can move one tile and have you in sight they can move and shoot but from my experience they won't always do it, especially if their first move is not in the direction they would normally go. If they need to move 2 tiles you are completely safe and they waste their turn without shooting.
5. Every new turn your ap are fully restored and you can repeat the process.

Of course with the addition of missile spawners the battles change and you don't have extra time to slack off but at this point you'll have enough notoriety for upgrades.

Reactions: Nopenopeno

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
well, i stated over and finished the quest one at a time and she still dose not show up nor dose the room appear to be occupied and the holo projector still says broke even after she dose the quest.
Ill check the save.
Please note this may be be a wording issue only. As soon as the holodeck is prepared and all the crew is good to go with the krell uniform tris will inform you and from this point vee and seraphine will enter the holodeck automatically once you enter krell space.
Then you can visit her in the holodeck

Edit: Issue analyzed. Root cause: Don't forget to give Seraphine her costume too ;)

Probably quest entry was not prominent enough among all the future version entries. Changed the quest log to by default filter out future version stuff in v0.9

Last edited:

nefelfine

Nov 24, 2021
@yv0751
In the Bot Lab, if you have a completed bot equiped with a "Type-x" Shell and disassemble part of it (legs, head, torso,arms) it reverts to the custom look of a classic bot (even if the Type-x is still equiped). This means only a completed bot can display the custom visual, is this normal behavior or is this a bug ?

Hermenegild

Sep 18, 2017
[...]
Probably quest entry was not prominent enough among all the future version entries. Changed the quest log to by default filter out future version stuff in v0.9
A little QoL improvement idea: make all filters persistent, i.e. on entering any list, set them up the same way as they were when last exiting that list. This could apply to the quest log, mission log, mission selection screen, bot parts list in the terminal, etc. Sorting should also be persistent in that sense, if applicable for the screen.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
@yv0751
In the Bot Lab, if you have a completed bot equiped with a "Type-x" Shell and disassemble part of it (legs, head, torso,arms) it reverts to the custom look of a classic bot (even if the Type-x is still equiped). This means only a completed bot can display the custom visual, is this normal behavior or is this a bug ?
That is by design.
I found that auto disassembly of the shell when a part is removed made it annoying to swap out parts in your finished bot and then go hunting for your shell again

Reactions: nefelfine

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
My 2 cents about the UI.

1/ The main upper bar
a) This bar becomes very crowded as the game progresses. I think it could be interesting to highlight some parts. I especially think to the location and space/docked parts. I don't know, something like some light blue for example.

b) This bar could be hidden during sex scenes.

2/ Inventory
a) You can access the inventory with the "I" key. It would be interesting to be able to close it with the "I" key too.
b) Inventory icons are quite big on the main screen:
  • I'd like a possibility to hide the inventory icon (some checkbox in the inventory screen for example). The "I" shortcut is enough for me.
  • The same for the selected item. I'd like to be able to hide it. Of course, the "B" key could still be used when the selected item icon is hidden. That also means the selected item should be highlighted in the inventory screen. A new shortcut could be added to hide/show this icon (like "Shift+B") because it's still useful to quickly change the selected item.
2/ Map/systems
a) The map doesn't really worth to be hidden. Its use is too intensive. Perhaps it could be positioned more firmly in the top left-hand corner?
b) On the other hand, the systems list below is far less useful. I'd like the possibility to hide it too. (Maybe a new shortcut, like "Y" key?).

3/ System maintenance screen
I'd really like to be able to select the system I want to check by clicking the name between prev/next buttons (and display a drop-down list).

4/ Cargobay
I'd really like to have too a "Sell everything" button in the "Ware" tab (and only for this tab).

5/ Exiting screens
I tend to like being able to close screens with the right mouse button (inventory, system maintenance, ... each time I see an "Exit" button)

6/ Hovering buttons
It's really a minor thing but I miss having some visual feedback while hovering most of UI buttons. And eventually some light hover sound.

Thx

Last edited:
Reactions: Test279 and yv0751

-IX-

Jun 14, 2018
Is there any console command to start Type-J Custom bot shell quest?
It seems that for some reason it won't start although I have already done I-type quest etc. and have over 20 bot parts. Nimhe just won't pay a visit to start the missing parts quest.
Thanks.

Steppenwolf

Jul 30, 2017
That is by design.
I found that auto disassembly of the shell when a part is removed made it annoying to swap out parts in your finished bot and then go hunting for your shell again

uhmm... I found a bug/inconcistency , you can remove bot parts even if Type 'C' Shell is installed:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
uhmm... I found a bug/inconcistency , you can remove bot parts even if Type 'C' Shell is installed:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That's a bug indeed. selection of a swap out part should be allowed, but removal not. added to bug list. Thx for submitting it.

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
Is there any console command to start Type-J Custom bot shell quest?
It seems that for some reason it won't start although I have already done I-type quest etc. and have over 20 bot parts. Nimhe just won't pay a visit to start the missing parts quest.
Thanks.
That is odd.
More than 10 parts in the lab manager should be enough to trigger it the next morning. No other conditions.

I would be interested to have a look at the game state. Pls msg me your save if you can find it. Pls also let me know whether that was a start from zero or from "Day X"

-IX-

Jun 14, 2018
That is odd.
More than 10 parts in the lab manager should be enough to trigger it the next morning. No other conditions.

I would be interested to have a look at the game state. Pls msg me your save if you can find it. Pls also let me know whether that was a start from zero or from "Day X"
If I remember correctly I started at day 2.

Last edited:

yv0751

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2017
As there have been a bunch of Bot related questions, I am thinking about including a Bot Analyzer into the Lab Configurator for V0.10 that compares two bots from lab storage cells. E.g. if you decide to invest in Yutani Corp for a pretty penny, they activate this feature in your lab...

Here's a mockup as example (ignore the actual values) . Suggestions welcome.

mgsb_analyzer.jpg

4.30 star(s) 40 Votes